The Book of Boba Fett Chapter 2: The Tribes of Tatooine (Spoiler Discussion)

Boba is going to be needing a little bit more help than Tuskens. Sending his Tuskens against Black K is.... unwise.

it goes back to what the Mayor told him. "Running a family...is different than Bounty Hunting".

I mean look at how EMPTY the palace is. Its a couple of droids, the Super Gamorean Bros, Boba and Fennec.

Boba needs to host a job fair or something.

I gotta say, 2 episodes in and I am just not hooked here like I was for The Mandalorian. Sure this episode was an improvement, but I haven't fallen in love with this show yet. Honestly, I think the way they are structuring the show is a reason why. I am sure the flashbacks will come into play later on, but I don't think the cutting back and forth is working. Way more has happened in the past timeline of interest than the present day one. I almost feel like this show maybe needed to do 2 episodes in the present. Then maybe have an episode where Boba is injured and has visions of the past for a whole episode while healing or something in order to show us the past events later on.

I want to love this, but I just don't yet

I want to know the building plans for Hutt’s mansion. The damn building is so tall… yet all we’ve really have seen is a tunnel, the main lounge which is a half floor down, and then the Rancor tomb and prison basement…

…and now just one loft.

I want to know the building plans for Hutt’s mansion. The damn building is so tall… yet all we’ve really have seen is a tunnel, the main lounge which is a half floor down, and then the Rancor tomb and prison basement…

…and now just one loft.

40+ years of lore has got you covered.

DOqgSAm.jpeg

I think in terms of the premise they were selling it on “Boba Fett as a crime lord post-RotJ” the show hasn’t really done much (though there was certainly movement this episode in that regard.)

But what I’m getting out of it is that they’ve taken a 2-dimensional side villain from the OT and PT, who was kind of a stock standard overpowered kill machine warrior in the EU, and they’ve given him an honest to goodness heroes journey. This felt like an episode of Vikings with how spiritual and surreal it got and I’m absolutely there for it.

My wife and I have been enjoying the flashback more than the story itself. Well done.

This episode was an improvement. I agree though that the cutting back and forth between flashbacks isn’t great for storytelling, at least not the way they are doing it. Although this week’s flashback was more entertaining than the one from last week, I still would rather spend more time in the present.

The Hutt twins were cool and I’m interested to see how that plays out. But watching that, I’m now curious exactly how the Hutts rise to power. Like, they’re huge and scary looking but they can barely MOVE. How do they get people to serve them? Had this ever been explained?

I think in terms of the premise they were selling it on “Boba Fett as a crime lord post-RotJ” the show hasn’t really done much (though there was certainly movement this episode in that regard.)

But what I’m getting out of it is that they’ve taken a 2-dimensional side villain from the OT and PT, who was kind of a stock standard overpowered kill machine warrior in the EU, and they’ve given him an honest to goodness heroes journey. This felt like an episode of Vikings with how spiritual and surreal it got and I’m absolutely there for it.

Yeah, Vikings is a good shout. Ragnar's

visions of the life he once had while sailing towards another battle

come to mind. Boba still clearly carries the death of his father with him, all these years later, but he has to metaphorically (and kinda literally?) break free from it before he can move on.

I guess my expectations for this show were too high... I never expected it to be this boring after seeing Rodriguez's Mando episode. The most interesting thing about this was seeing Dean Cundey's name in the credits. I'll give it one more episode and I'll binge the rest if I hear it gets better.

I gotta say, 2 episodes in and I am just not hooked here like I was for The Mandalorian. Sure this episode was an improvement, but I haven't fallen in love with this show yet. Honestly, I think the way they are structuring the show is a reason why. I am sure the flashbacks will come into play later on, but I don't think the cutting back and forth is working. Way more has happened in the past timeline of interest than the present day one. I almost feel like this show maybe needed to do 2 episodes in the present. Then maybe have an episode where Boba is injured and has visions of the past for a whole episode while healing or something in order to show us the past events later on.

I want to love this, but I just don't yet

Weirdly I agree with both of you here. I'm not hooked like I want to be, I but respect what they're trying to do and the story they're telling, even if I think they definitely could've gone about it in a better way.

I don’t like it yet as much as I wanted…
I like the present storyline with him becoming the successor of Jabba…but the flashbacks of him becoming a Tusken Raider was pretty boring (I checked my watch several times, if the episode ends soon)
The nods to Dune (book) and Lawrence of Arabia were great, but that’s it

I figured that the part starting around 1:40 was supposed to be his theme on Mando. I'd like it integrated into this show, please. :argh:

Wasn't this theme in the scene where Boba is on his way to visit the mayor ?
I can't verify now, but I recall noticing it when watching the episode last night...

Last edited:
This episode was a big improvement over the last one, and I really enjoyed the first episode.

-Cool to see more Hutts in live-action. CG for them was great. Looks like some of their carriers were struggling. lol

-These past two live action shows are really doing a lot for the Tuskens. Seeing more of their culture and evolving them past the old native savage stereotype like modern westerns have is such a refreshing take. All of them gave their own ways, and not all tribes engage in direct violence. I don’t know why people are so disinterested or bored by those scenes, since they’re being fleshed out more than the films ever have.

-This is the most interesting Boba Fett has ever been in live action. His growing relationship with the Tuskens and earning their respect through helping them, the vision quest as a sort of rebirth, becoming a part of and accepted into their tribe.

-I love the way the vision quest was visualized. The turbulent waters of Kamino mixed with the Dune Sea sands of Tatooine, his old life mixed with his new one. Being caught in the branches of the tree mixed with being trapped in the Sarlacc Pit. Switching back and forth between “the bounty hunter” and “the man”. Finally, him breaking the branch juxtaposed with a crashing wave to signal him leaving his old life behind. Great stuff.

-Also, Dean Cundey on cinematography this episode. No wonder this episode looked so much better than last.

I’m honestly loving the all of the flashback stuff more than the present day, crime lord stuff. Not that I’m not enjoying it, I am. It’s just nice to get context for where he’s been coming from and seeing his current mindset. It’s called “The Book of Boba Fett”, not just “Boba Fett: Crime Lord” or “Boba Fett: Underworld”.

Without the past stuff, the show just wouldn’t be as interesting because Boba wouldn’t be as interesting as he currently is.

love seeing Boba get his robes and his stick, oh and that 'ninja' raider who trained him was ALL kinds of bad ass!

I actually appreciated that, even after the training montage and train attack and Boba being adopted as honorary Tusken. . . he still wasn't as good at stick fighting. He's *effective* and respectable, sure, but his sensei was clearly the best of the whole tribe who'd been doing this sense they could walk.

Much improved from last week's intro episode. Still feel this season has a fair way to go before getting to peak potential.

Yeah, while the train and biker gang sequences were cool, I’m getting tired of Under the Tusken Sun. The stuff with the Hutt twins and Evil Chewbacca in He-Man armor was much more interesting. I kept hoping we’d get back to that in this episode but NOPE.

As the new Crime Lord/Daimyo of Tatooine...Boba needs to actually ya know...commit some crimes.

No because we have to do the thing where he cannot actually be a villain. He has to be a good guy that the script says is a criminal despite him basically doing nothing nefarious. So like the above person said, Fett has a hero journey in this show. That is something I find to be an issue. You cannot do Space Godfather and make him a hero. Makes the show 100% less interesting to me. Bad guys need to be allowed to be bad guys. Why I skip crap like Cruella.

Last edited:
No because we have to do the thing where he cannot actually be a villain. He has to be a good idea that the script says is a criminal despite him basically doing nothing nefarious. So like the above person said, Fett has a hero journey in this show. That is something I find to be an issue. You cannotndo Space Godfather and make him a hero. Makes the show 100% less interesting to me. Bad guys need to be allowed to be bad guys. Why I skip crap like Cruella.

Exactly. If they want him to be a hero, that’s fine. But then they should have made a show about him going on an actually path of redemption. Making him a crime lord who doesn’t actually commit crimes makes no sense.

Last week on The Book of Boba,

Boba was confused,
dGL2W56.gif

Fennec wanted a protocol droid,
d3bUA1T.gif

two porky boys earned their pardon,
Gd6Nesr.gif

and Tuskens took some selfies,
rulsxgG.gif

And now this week, The Tribes of Tatooine...

qeV2zdd.gif
Ha, great summary. I want this added to the previous episode recaps each week. :D

This episode was a big improvement over the last one, and I really enjoyed the first episode.

-Cool to see more Hutts in live-action. CG for them was great. Looks like some of their carriers were struggling. lol

-These past two live action shows are really doing a lot for the Tuskens. Seeing more of their culture and evolving them past the old native savage stereotype like modern westerns have is such a refreshing take. All of them gave their own ways, and not all tribes engage in direct violence. I don’t know why people are so disinterested or bored by those scenes, since they’re being fleshed out more than the films ever have.

-This is the most interesting Boba Fett has ever been in live action. His growing relationship with the Tuskens and earning their respect through helping them, the vision quest as a sort of rebirth, becoming a part of and accepted into their tribe.

-I love the way the vision quest was visualized. The turbulent waters of Kamino mixed with the Dune Sea sands of Tatooine, his old life mixed with his new one. Being caught in the branches of the tree mixed with being trapped in the Sarlacc Pit. Switching back and forth between “the bounty hunter” and “the man”. Finally, him breaking the branch juxtaposed with a crashing wave to signal him leaving his old life behind. Great stuff.

-Also, Dean Cundey on cinematography this episode. No wonder this episode looked so much better than last.

I’m honestly loving the all of the flashback stuff more than the present day, crime lord stuff. Not that I’m not enjoying it, I am. It’s just nice to get context for where he’s been coming from and seeing his current mindset. It’s called “The Book of Boba Fett”, not just “Boba Fett: Crime Lord” or “Boba Fett: Underworld”.

Without the past stuff, the show just wouldn’t be as interesting because Boba wouldn’t be as interesting as he currently is.

Totally agree with all of this, really enjoyed both episodes but this one killed it. Loving the fleshing out of the sand people, the modern stay stuff will be here soon enough.

it goes back to what the Mayor told him. "Running a family...is different than Bounty Hunting".

I mean look at how EMPTY the palace is. Its a couple of droids, the Super Gamorean Bros, Boba and Fennec.

Boba needs to host a job fair or something.
Yeah, need to get some bodies in there asap. At the moment he's only a crime..steward or prefect, not a lord lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"