The Book of Boba Fett Chapter 7: In The Name of Honor (Spoiler Discussion)

If you liked Vanth, and haven't done so already you have to see Justified - because Vanth is just Olyphant's US Marshall, Raylan Givens, in space.

Loved the ED209 reference :lmao: Imagine if they'd talked.

Tons of plot armour in that episode, very true!

Oh yeah I’m a big Justified fan and I’m (nervously) excited for the revival series. Raylan is Olyphant’s best character and yeah, Vanth is totally Space Raylan.

And yeah; the ED-209 twins looked really intimidating until literally any character got close to them and you realized they didn’t actually do anything lol.

The finale was fine but it didn’t really change my opinion that the show was pretty much a failure except for the Mando stuff (which should have appeared in Mando season 3 but it felt like a godsend to not have to spend another two episodes with boring-ass Boba). The Pike Syndicate were really weak villains (which I guess makes them appropriate foils for Boba) and the one member (Cad Bane) who was somewhat compelling gets offed because he had to; otherwise Boba would have proven himself completely incompetent.

The Rancor/ED-209 fight was kinda cool but the droids apparently weren’t able to really hit anything because nearly every character has plot armor. Couldn’t they have at least taken out the Cyberpunk Power Rangers? Would that have been too much to ask? Oh well. At least Cobb Vanth is still alive. Give him his own show. I’ll watch that because Olyphant oozes charm and charisma, two things that were completely absent on any episode of this show that centered on Boba.
It would be yet another show set on tatooine so it’s probably already in the works

I will say this about the show: the theme is awesome. Like it fools me into thinking I saw something more epic than I actually did lol!!!

But yeah, I am excited for Mando Season 3, but this show has me worried about D+ Star Wars. If Kenobi ends up closer to THIS show in quality, my overall Star Wars interest is gonna take a huge hit
Yes I do love the opening music, does sound epic haha.

Boba Fett brings down the average for the SW shows and if MS3 hits and Kenobi doesn’t, people are going to apply the quality label to Mandalorian rather than SW shows in general.

Robert Rodriguez is honestly the worst director on this show for me. Which I'm still in disbelief over, but it's the truth. Twice this season an episode's bad directing moments took me out of it, and both times, it was his episodes.

Outside of some awkward shots and editing, I really enjoyed it. I knew he'd be choosing the way of the Mandalore, but the Grogu/Mando stuff still just....:atp:

I'll be honest, Boba's characterization is still a bit muddy to me, though. He spent most of the episode just agreeing to do whatever his scene partner was suggesting at the time, it was weird. That's just an odd way to write the lead of a show, imo. It seemed like just about the only truly proactive thing he did here was go get that rancor. MVP Fennec Shand. :bow:

I didn't want to lose Cad Bane so quickly, but...this was always the end he had to meet, so I accept it.

Weren't there supposed to be ties to the recent SW movies in this ep??

I had no doubt, but glad to get confirmation that Cobb Vanth's still with us. Can't wait to see what Vanth 2.0 looks like.
Boba established Fennec as his pretty much equal no. 2, with way more autonomy and influence than most no.2s have. When you make a decision that good it takes care of many of the smaller decisions for you. :cool:

I'm still wondering on how someone like Robert Rodriguez thought that a Mod spinning around to shoot someone looked good on camera.

Now that this is finished I'm comfortable saying it didn't work for the most part. The pacing, the strange plot and characterization choices, weak action, etc. This is the first time I really think they missed the mark with a TV project and it kind of dampens my expectations for Mando Season 3.

I'm still wondering on how someone like Robert Rodriguez thought that a Mod spinning around to shoot someone looked good on camera.
I think this show had many problems, the Rodriguez episodes most of all, but the spin thing has really been blown out of proportions. There's a lot of unnecessary spins and flips in Star Wars.

A thought came to me the other day. Am I crazy or did the Rancor in ROTJ have 3/4 legs?

I think this show had many problems, the Rodriguez episodes most of all, but the spin thing has really been blown out of proportions. There's a lot of unnecessary spins and flips in Star Wars.
giphy.webp

Sometimes the argument that something has precedent is not sufficient. Star Wars has done plenty of things that were rubbish, there's no reason to do it again. Like the mods. People reference the 50's diner in Episode 2 as if that location wasn't also trashed for looking out of place. That scene was awful for a number of reasons to be fair but I doubt anyone wanted to see more of that aesthetic.

This show is a damn weird construction. It's like the creative process completely dried up beyond 'make a boba fett show', which is so bizarre to me because surely there's been tons of work done for this spin-off between all the different directors. I half expect to hear of some behind the scenes disasters. It exists just to exist, and I guess to move some pieces around for Mando season 3, largely deflating the major moments of season 2 in the process.

As for Cad Bane. . . okay, I noted in the second season of Mandalorian that all the various callback character appearances still totally worked in the show. You didn't need to have seen Ahsoka or Bo-Katan before to understand who they were, what they were doing, or how they fit into the story.

With Cad Bane, this isn't really the case. He's clearly supposed to be important, but who he is and why he's important is left super vague. . . which is a problem when huge chunks of the finale hinge on his relationship with Boba Fett.

I had no knowledge of Cad Bane before this show and enjoyed his character. I could tell from his introduction that he was a dangerous hired gun, didn't need to know his backstory. I really liked the look of the character and hope we see more of him in the future. Despite his supposed fate in this episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"