The Mandalorian Chapter Fourteen Spoiler Discussion

At 1:12

Though the guy talking ain’t exactly that trustworthy lol

Yeah, Almec denying Jango was Mandalorian never was a particularly difficult hurdle for them to get over if they wanted to say otherwise, people had already been speculating that Almec had been lying about it for political reasons for years prior to this episode basically confirming that he was indeed lying. Jango presumably served on the losing side of the Mandalorian Civil War, was directly working for Dooku, and is the face of the Clone army, not exactly someone a neutral Mandalore would want to be associated with.

So they've done a little redesigning to the Darksaber this season.

frame_70_delay-0.05s.gif
ryU7VQH.jpg

I like, it still looks very distinct in spite of changes. Rounded it out, and are those rubber grips alternating up the handle or still just accent stripes?

Last edited:
One random question: if this is 5 years after RotJ, why in those 5 years did Boba never take his armor back from Cobb Vanth? He obviously knew he had it and Vanth seems like he would be much easier to fight and take it back from than chasing after another Mandalorian off-planet and taking it back from him.
I’ve been doing my best not to think about it too much :funny:

Maybe Cobb Vanth helped Boba after he escaped the Sarlacc and Boba was in debt to him.
Cobb finds the armor later out of coincidence and not knowing that it belonged to Boba.
Boba didn’t go after him for it because he still owed him, but once it was out of his hands he was free to take it.

but like I said
I’m trying not to think about it too much............:funny:

So correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Boba is supposed to be like around 40-45 years old during the events of this show?

If that's the case, then I guess living on Tatooine really does make someone look older than their age. :o

OBI-WAN-979372.jpg

latest

Mandalorian-1-11-TP-1354916.jpg

Lol, I was thinking that. He seems twenty years older (closer to how much older Morrison is from when he played Jango) instead of a few years.

Lol, I was thinking that. He seems twenty years older (closer to how much older Morrison is from when he played Jango) instead of a few years.

Morrison's current look and physique is more ideal for portraying Rex right now than Boba (imho) at this stage in the latter character's life.

It's too bad that Boba was already established as being Jango's genetic clone, as opposed to a biological son. I think it would have allowed the producers to have more flexibility with their casting decisions. Manu Benett would be ideal for a worn and weary Boba Fett.

Nevertheless, I still enjoyed seeing Temura as Boba on the Mandalorian.

Man, what an episode. This one I really really likes. Lets take count.

The return of Boba Fett
Slave 1
Jango Fett restored as a Mandalorian
Fennec alive
Dark Troopers

Homage galore. Very fun times.
I said in another thread but these creators are taking every high pressure translation of an important character and nailing them one after another. Bo Katan, Ahsoka and Boba have all been handled really well in the last 3 out of 4 episodes, and the other episode was great too.

Morrison's current look and physique is more ideal for portraying Rex right now than Boba (imho) at this stage in the latter character's life.

It's too bad that Boba was already established as being Jango's genetic clone, as opposed to a biological son. I think it would have allowed the producers to have more flexibility with their casting decisions. Manu Benett would be ideal for a worn and weary Boba Fett.

I’m very happy with Temuera but Manu Bennett. Plus also have done a great job.

As a Spartacus fan, I like Manu, but he’s never delivered an honest to goodness powerhouse performance like Temuera is capable of. Once Were Warriors alone is better than Manu’s entire filmography.

I have a question...

What are the chances Vader knew that Boba was in fact the son of Jango?

Was Vader in any way in contact with him between ROTS and ESB or aware of where he was etc?

Could Boba have been in any way manipulated by Vader to go down the path he did?

Didn’t Anakin meet pretty much the entire bounty hunter squad from ESB in TCW?

Yea I don’t think Vader cared about Boba Fett apart from when he had a bounty for him.

Why would Vader even care?
A young boy with the lineage he had, whom it is more than possible that Vader knew was of similar if not superior stock to the very clone troopers Anakin Skywalker had left his life in the hands of countless times, whom he knew would have antipathy towards the Jedi and the Old Republic?

One he could, as a Sith Lord would, use as he pleased for various schemes if only he were properly trained as his father was? I'm not saying Boba was Vader's adopted son or some ****. I'm saying a nudge here, a nudge there and Vader might have seen the use in having a Mandalorian in his service or at least that he could be useful on occasions, especially in the environment of the post ROTS galaxy with Imperial intrigue as the lunch special of every day until the Second Death Star was destroyed. And this isn't trying to paint Vader as cool guy lookng out for an orphan. If anything this is him doing what ole Sheev had been doing to him since he was a child. Manipulation of emotions, gaslighting or simply any action that pushed Boba away from anything that would help him process the loss of his father in any kind of positive manner... Sounds like Evil Sith 101.

None of what we saw in this episode surprised me in regards to Boba’s morality. Part of what made the character catch on in the early EU of the 90s was the depiction of him being a ruthless bastard who also had his own code of conduct.

Whether he’s hired to kill someone or protect someone, it isn’t personal. But if he gives you his word, he won’t break it until the job is done. He’s essentially a completely neutral figure who will side with the dark side or the light depending on the situation. Favreau and Filoni seem to be going back to that iteration that they likely grew up with.

I said in another thread but these creators are taking every high pressure translation of an important character and nailing them one after another. Bo Katan, Ahsoka and Boba have all been handled really well in the last 3 out of 4 episodes, and the other episode was great too.

Now to see if they can keep it going with Thrawn.

None of what we saw in this episode surprised me in regards to Boba’s morality. Part of what made the character catch on in the early EU of the 90s was the depiction of him being a ruthless bastard who also had his own code of conduct.

Whether he’s hired to kill someone or protect someone, it isn’t personal. But if he gives you his word, he won’t break it until the job is done. He’s essentially a completely neutral figure who will side with the dark side or the light depending on the situation. Favreau and Filoni seem to be going back to that iteration that they likely grew up with.

Which... Is my preferred take more or less.

That's not to paint him as a saint, or hero.

But he's the pro pro who has very little sentimentality. Not zero obviously, he loved his father and is looking to keep whatever is left of Jango around.

As you said, the 90's on EU stuff paints Fett more in line with the original interpretation of THIS guy:

91DsiEZg6ZL.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"