The Mandalorian Chapter Fourteen Spoiler Discussion

Man, another great episode. This season is awesome. 4 amazing episodes in a row. Temeura Morrison’s look is every bit as cool as the Boba Feta armour and it was also great to see Ming-Na again.

It's weird how many of these episodes this season have felt like setups for spinoffs. Episodes 3, 5 and 6 all did, imo.
I’ll be disappointed if they don’t ALL get spin-offs! I want all these characters to fight together one day when the stakes get given enough.

Now that is how you do a character comeback. Holy-cow Boba got his redemption done right.

Another home run of an episode, the Mado has officially saved Star Wars for me.
The modern movies kind of killed my enjoyment of the franchise but the Mandalorian makes me really enjoy Star Wars again.

Some people complain about the show's fan service but for me it is fan service done right.

Can someone refresh my memory, when was it confirmed that Jango and Boba were not proper Mandalorian's?

Also, regarding the scope thing, in one of the early episodes Mando clearly has Eyes across the whole of his visor because he puts that scope up to different places when he uses it :loco:

watch
a41ad6adfd69d8c28d5685f8ed6a781825ea80fa.jpg

This episode made up for that mess that was last weeks episode. (Do not get me started on how dirty they did Ahsoka, looks as well as character and abilities). Anyways much better and very enjoyable. The wife was even into it more, Boba and Fennec Shand were a big cause of that. (Personally I am a super big fan of Ming-Na Wen and still is hot at 57 years old)

All the Boba haters must be having a really bad time at the moment. He's the baddest person in the entire galaxy again. :hehe:

Oh hi Vile! I didn't see you there. :D

Yes, so bad that he feels the need to bring backup just to make sure he actually gets the chance to make a peaceful negotiation offer. :p

This episode made up for that mess that was last weeks episode. (Do not get me started on how dirty they did Ahsoka, looks as well as character and abilities). Anyways much better and very enjoyable. The wife was even into it more, Boba and Fennec Shand were a big cause of that. (Personally I am a super big fan of Ming-Na Wen and still is hot at 57 years old)

That's certainly... A take about Chapter 13.

If Grogu was one of the Jedi at Luke’s academy that was massacred, I don’t want it!
Yeah I don't think I could take it.
Right now Luke's (up till now) faceless and nameless slaughtered padwans, (Disney canon's symbols of Luke's absolute failure, caused by their betrayal of his character and everything he learned and was), at least still don't have a face.
(that I know of)
Yet if they now make the Yoby the slaughtered face and symbol of Luke's failure, they'll have completed their desecration of Luke's character.
Don't want it either.

That's why when it comes to it, I'd much rather, given the choice, the Yoby chooses the Knob (symbolic of Djarin, we know why he's holding onto to it), over the call of the Jedi.
And that's what saves him, choosing his father.

Last edited:
I mean, I try not to think about how Jacen Syndulla was probably there....

Alright, settling in to catch up on this now (I may have watched Boba's last two "cameos" on this show beforehand)

tenor.gif

Mando's little fond chuckle when Grogu answers to his name, and how excited he was when Grogu took the ball back via the Force. Like @KRYPTON INC. said, he's getting more open about showing this pseudo-fatherly affection. More emotion is seeping into his voice.

Like how the "magic spot" is basically Stonehenge. I like stuff like this because I have concepts like this in the sci-fi series I'm trying to write, sites atop crisscrossing ley lines that power can be drawn from.

Slave I!

tenor.gif

This stand-off is cool and all, but I agree with the people who said they're not sure if Morrison's performance quite "feels" Boba Fett. I mean, granted, Boba was such a thin peripheral character in the OT in the first place that I suppose there's some latitude to play with him in a portrayal that actually gets some central focus, and I know this is the first time Morrison has actually played him in live-action as opposed to just redubbing his voice in the Empire Strikes Back special edition, but but I feel like even Morrison's vocal acting isn't quite the same. When he did Boba's voice in ESB, his line delivery seemed more.....clipped and cold? Though I guess you could headcanon a justification by saying the suffering he survived with the Sarlacc and whatever existence he's been living on Tattooine (?) since might have made him more......zen like he comes across here.

What is Grogu doing? Downloading millennium of Jedi history and knowledge or something?

Mando's little dart weapon reminds me of Yondu's weapon in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Again, I don't know how much Boba's "we are now in your debt" feels like Boba Fett to me. He---from his admittedly thin characterization before---struck me as solely out for himself and ruthlessly no-nonsense and practical, not someone who's gonna care so much about honor codes or debts or even his Mandalorian lineage. This "Boba Fett" feels more Zen and more honorable and......well, more Mandalorian.

Giancarlo Esposito twirling that Stache of Evil. I like how he doesn't care about his own men getting thrown around the room like ragdolls, he's just delighted to see Grogu's power. It reminded me of in X-Men: First Class when young Erik crushes the Nazi guards' heads inside their helmets and trashes the whole room and Sebastian Shaw couldn't care less, he's just excited to see him manifest his power.

Also, if he already has the Dark Troopers, is Grogu's blood for something else?

Thoughts:

-Totes adorbs father/son moment here between Mando and Grogo. Which is OF COURSE followed up by "The Tragedy" title slide. :dry:

- I freaked out SO much when I first saw the Slave I zoom on down. Epic moment.

-Temeura Morrison ROCKS as Boba and Robert Rodriguez was the perfect guy to reintroduce him. His directing and Boba/Morrison's brutal fighting style worked perfectly together. But how the heck did homeless nomad Boba manage to turn Fennec into a cyborg? Not that I'm complaining about getting more Ming-Na Wen, but.... how?

- Why specifically demand he take off the jetpack? Oooooooh, that's gonna be a preemptive plot hole solution, isn't it?

- Stormtrooper armor continues to be ******* worthless.

- Remember when I said the Stormtroopers in Chapter 12 were the dumbest ever. I was wrong. THESE stormtroopers were The. Dumbest. Ever. Forget "The Prometheus School of Running Away From Things. Here we got The Imperial School of Standing in Place and Shooting at Things That Are About to Crush You.

- RIP Razor Crest

- I freaked out at "Send in the Darktroopers" almost as much as I did at the Slave 1.

- Puttin' the team back together. Let's go, Bill Burr! Hopefully Clancy Brown and the ex-girlfriend put in appearances next week, too.

- I LOVE Moff Gideon. And I love that he's not just a type-cast Gianarclo villain, either, he stands out as more "fun" and fascinated than Gus Fring or Mr. Edgar.

There is no consistency. Sometimes he needs the scope, sometimes he doesn't. I just rewatched a S1 ep and he zooms without the scope there too.

BTW this ep marks the first time in Season 2 that the plot moved forward without a quest giver.
I am talking about the scene in the first episode. The editing or whatever is pretty wacky there. There are more blunders like that though.

Do you honestly think there is even a snowball's chance in hell that they would kill off Grogu. Even if someone at the show had the balls to think of that a Disney executive would easily overrule them.
Unless this show goes on for another 10-15 years, they would conveniently never have to get to that event, though! :p

One random question: if this is 5 years after RotJ, why in those 5 years did Boba never take his armor back from Cobb Vanth? He obviously knew he had it and Vanth seems like he would be much easier to fight and take it back from than chasing after another Mandalorian off-planet and taking it back from him.

One random question: if this is 5 years after RotJ, why in those 5 years did Boba never take his armor back from Cobb Vanth? He obviously knew he had it and Vanth seems like he would be much easier to fight and take it back from than chasing after another Mandalorian off-planet and taking it back from him.
Boba Fett:
vrbRwTE.gif

Every gif I tried to search turned up a bunch of Kristen Bell/Veronica Mars gifs and I don't know why but I'm just gonna pin it on you. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"