The Mandalorian Chapter Nine Spoiler Discussion (Season 2 Premiere)

* Din Djarin used the same trick on Boba Fett's jetpack with Cobb Vanth that Han Solo did to make him blast off. A neat reference to the sail barge fight in Return of the Jedi.
That cracked me up.
biinco9pt6w51.jpg
What a fantastic ending! And set up.

Last edited:
God I hope every episode this season really is almost an hour long, because that was like the perfect length for this episode. I just love Olyphant man and it was great seeing him appear right off the bat and hopefully they bring his character back at some point next season.

It also really does look like they have a bigger budget to play with this season, because those scenes with the Krayt Dragon looked AMAZING CGI wise, especially during the final battle. My expectations for Villenueves Dune just sky rocketed in terms of what I expect from those Sandworms.

Seeing Boba show up at the end was a nice, unexpected little surprise too and I loved that you could just see the horror and trauma all over Morrison's face even for the brief few seconds he was onscreen.

Also, am I the only one who thought Mando communicating with the Tusken Raiders was fricking hilarious everytime lol. It was actually pretty awesome seeing them being more than just savages for a change.

What an excellent start to the new season. Loved this episode. Love that they didn’t hide Boba at all. Easily could’ve ended the episode with just the shot of his back to leave us speculating. They said nah here he is everyone get ready for what’s to come. So good.

Fantastic episode, and it's basically the one I've been waiting for ever since this show was first announced. Seeing Boba and the Krayt was awesome, and I loved the little nods like seeing R5-D4 and Anakin's podracer engine. I also really hope we see Olyphant's character again.
- Were the Tusken dogs from Fallen Order and/or Solo? They looked familiar to me.
Those were actually seen briefly in Attack of the Clones during the scene in the Tusken camp.
Massiff

Does he get to add it as another pauldron signet?
He could, but Din Djarin also strikes me as a humble guy who maybe wouldn't brag about it. :o

BTW, I also love that the Krayt sounded a lot like the original call that Obi-Wan used in ANH to scare the Tuskens away, which if I recall correctly was supposed to resemble a Krayt Dragon in the first place. Better that than the weird replacement sounds that were used for the DVD and Blu-ray releases.

So yeah, apparently R5-D4 had the same damage from A New Hope:

qra2r4w9v6w51.jpg

Good catch by the Mandalorian subreddit.

biinco9pt6w51.jpg
I was curious if it was that R5. Interesting. I still don't think we've had the same model droid, with the same in Star Wars in film/television canon. :funny:

That was a fun episode. I had actually been bingeing the 1st season again earlier this week in prep for season 2 starting. When I rewatched 1x5 "The Gunslinger" I was mentioning to my dad that I really hoped the character of Peli would make a return in season 2, low and behold, there she is greeting Din's return to Tatooine.

Good start to the season, can't wait to see where it goes from here :D

I was curious if it was that R5. Interesting. I still don't think we've had the same model droid, with the same in Star Wars in film/television canon. :funny:

Darth, I originally thought the same way, then we saw the scorch marks on his top area from when he blew that fuse in a New Hope. We only heard "R5" So I guess yeah, for all we know this could be R5-D5, but I have a feeling this is R5-D4.

This isn't 30 years after Jedi, we're still like I think 6 years after A New Hope technically.

Anyone else think that Timothy looked like Pierce Brosnan for a second before he started speaking?
I thought exactly the same!

This was a great season premiere. I just love how spaghetti western it felt when Mando arrives at Mos Pelgo. That main street with a few houses on each side could be taken from any of Eastwood's classic Italian western flicks when he arrives to one of these towns, and even the subtle score suggested it. Cobb Vanth was a cool character IMO, and I don't remember seeing the sand people in this franchise since I went to the cinema as a snotty kid in -77? Maybe I'm wrong there. Anyway, great to see them more developed with a back story here.

I also like how this show still seems to be not totally serialized, but have like a mission, project or separate adventure etc for each episode during a season's arc, like killing a dragon to save a town (classic and awesome). I miss that in many of today's TV shows, old geezer as I am. I personally hope it will continue like that.

I thought exactly the same!

This was a great season premiere. I just love how spaghetti western it felt when Mando arrives at Mos Pelgo. That main street with a few houses on each side could be taken from any of Eastwood's classic Italian western flicks when he arrives to one of these towns, and even the subtle score suggested it. Cobb Vanth was a cool character IMO, and I don't remember seeing the sand people in this franchise since I went to the cinema as a snotty kid in -77? Maybe I'm wrong there. Anyway, great to see them more developed with a back story here.

I also like how this show still seems to be not totally serialized, but have like a mission, project or separate adventure etc for each episode during a season's arc, like killing a dragon to save a town (classic and awesome). I miss that in many of today's TV shows, old geezer as I am. I personally hope it will continue like that.
I got a High Plains Drifter vibe from it as well.

This was a nice return to the series. Very intrigued as to where this’ll all lead by the end of it. What a nice ending tease.

I don’t think the Mando armor has ever been shot as effectively as it did in this episode. Both Din and Boba’s helmets especially looked badass throughout.

Anyone else think that Timothy looked like Pierce Brosnan for a second before he started speaking?

Also to quoted an Adult Swim Show:

"BACK FROM THE DEAD *******S!"

I didn't at first, but now I kind of see what you mean, yeah. And now i can't unsee it!

R5? You mean Skippy, the Jedi Droid?

Yes! The Force-powered Droid who malfunctioned so R2 would go with Luke!

bmr458b0o6w51.png

Aren't you a little tall to be a Mandalorian?

Yeah, that armor does look a bit too big for Cobb Vanth.

Helmet closeup.

oaa5gp02o6w51.png

Last edited:
The R5 unite from the Jawas salvage sale in a New Hope was Force powered ?

Very nice opening episode.
It's good to have iconic background alien species like Jawas and now Tusken in the show and I like that they are in line with how they were in the old movies.
Edit : oulala Boba's armor !
Edit 2: I even checked my reliquary when I saw the helmet, it matches.
IMG_2110.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"