The Mandalorian Chapter Nine Spoiler Discussion (Season 2 Premiere)

With their new stagecraft technology they can make a budget go a lot further than they would with traditional sets. Instead of location shooting or having to do a lot of CG on the background, literally the entire set is one giant CG effects stage which makes it cheaper and easier to produce.

I wonder if Boba was letting Cobb keep the armor because he was using it to help people, or if Boba let Cobb keep it because he feels he isnt worthy to wear it anymore?

I wonder if Boba was letting Cobb keep the armor because he was using it to help people, or if Boba let Cobb keep it because he feels he isnt worthy to wear it anymore?

Wondering that myself, but Boba wasn't the strictest Mandalorian from what we saw, and his father certainly wasn't. Really looking forward to seeing how they explain it.

Last edited:
Wondering that myself, but Bona wasn't the strictest Mandalorian from what we saw, and his father certainly wasn't. Really looking forward to seeing how they explain it.

Were they even Mandalorians at all?

I don’t think that was confirmed in any media, maybe in a book somewhere. This series obviously can change that. I expect they’ll do a flashback episode to put to rest if he is or isn’t. If anyone would know next to George Lucas, it’s Dave Filoni.

Boba doesn’t strike me as nearly altruistic enough to just let someone have his armor because they’re using it to help people. The feeling unworthy of it is possible.
Thing is adult Boba's personality is largely a blank slate in the current canon. He was a brat during the Clone Wars, but that was decades ago and he's lived a lot since then. All that's established of adult Boba is in ESB and ROTJ, but that's not much to go on. And who knows what happened to him and his mind in the Sarlaac. That could have been an extremely humbling experience. Or it could have hardened him.

I'm curious to see how he feels about Jedi. I wonder if he still hates them or if his hatred has cooled after his clone brothers betrayed and slaughtered the Jedi. Or if he got some pleasure from that. And I want to know if the Kaminoans put a control chip in Boba's head without telling Jango. Jango said Boba was unaltered, but those chips were above top secret and hidden extremely well. I wouldnt put it past Sidious to have a chip put in Boba's head just incase Sidious wanted to kill Jango.

Does he even know Vanth, or anyone but Jawas had it?
Makes me wonder about a few specific things that could answer that
- How far off the radar and remote was Mos Pelgo (we are told it's a city wiped off the map.
- How isolated and Nomadic was Fett actually living (maybe by intent)?
- Had Fett and the whereabouts of his Armor even crossed paths until the scene we see at the end of Ep9?
Could it be as simple as the Jawas got the armor off Fett (after surviving the Sarlacc (being eaten by the Krayt)) is rescued by the Jawas, in exchange for saving him, gave up the armor.
Then Fett goes off completley nomad (walkabout style) by intent without it, until the moment we see him.
Meanwhile Vanth traded his stolen jewels in exchange for the Armor,
And up-till then, the first time Fett and his Armor even cross paths again, is actually when we see him spot it on the back of Djarin's speeder?
Which only now triggers his active pursuit of it.

Last edited:
Thing is adult Boba's personality is largely a blank slate in the current canon. He was a brat during the Clone Wars, but that was decades ago and he's lived a lot since then. All that's established of adult Boba is in ESB and ROTJ, but that's not much to go on. And who knows what happened to him and his mind in the Sarlaac. That could have been an extremely humbling experience. Or it could have hardened him.

I'm curious to see how he feels about Jedi. I wonder if he still hates them or if his hatred has cooled after his clone brothers betrayed and slaughtered the Jedi. Or if he got some pleasure from that. And I want to know if the Kaminoans put a control chip in Boba's head without telling Jango. Jango said Boba was unaltered, but those chips were above top secret and hidden extremely well. I wouldnt put it past Sidious to have a chip put in Boba's head just incase Sidious wanted to kill Jango.

Boba doesn't exactly think of the clones as brothers. That was an interesting tid bit that I would love to have seen explored a bit more on the kill Mace episode.

The only evidence we have about whether or not Jango and Boba ever were Mandalorians in canon is PM Almec outright denying that Jango was a Mandalorian. As far as we know Jango was just an exceptionally skilled hunter who acquired the armor second hand either by buying/trading for it or by killing a Mandalorian.

Does he even know Vanth, or anyone but Jawas had it?
Makes me wonder about a few specific things that could answer that
- How far off the radar and remote was Mos Pelgo (we are told it's a city wiped off the map.
- How isolated and Nomadic was Fett actually living (maybe by intent)?
- Had Fett and the whereabouts of his Armor even crossed paths until the scene we see at the end of Ep9?
Could it be as simple as the Jawas got the armor off Fett (after surviving the Sarlacc (being eaten by the Krayt)) is rescued by the Jawas, in exchange for saving him, gave up the armor.
Then Fett goes off completley nomad (walkabout style) by intent without it, until the moment we see him.
Meanwhile Vanth traded his stolen jewels in exchange for the Armor,
And up-till then, the first time Fett and his Armor even cross paths again, is actually when we see him spot it on the back of Djarin's speeder?
Which only now triggers his active pursuit of it.

It’s possible.

Mango fought like one in AOTC IMO. No normal warrior would have given Obi-Wan that much trouble. But Boba kept his helmet on a lot more that’s for sure.

Yeah, so did Cad Bane. A lot of warriors can keep up with Jedi, not just Mandos. Hell, a bunch of droids gave Obi-wan difficulty at times.

Whether or not Boba was an official Mandalorian at any point, I think it's very likely that he'd want nothing to do with them now. That'd be why he ditched the armor and has presumably been wandering the deserts of Tatooine for the last several years. Also, he has to be the person that found Ming-Na Wen's character at the end of episode 5 in the first season.

Whether or not Boba was an official Mandalorian at any point, I think it's very likely that he'd want nothing to do with them now. That'd be why he ditched the armor and has presumably been wandering the deserts of Tatooine for the last several years. Also, he has to be the person that found Ming-Na Wen's character at the end of episode 5 in the first season.

The thing that confuses me about that is, he looked to be wearing his armor in that scene, whereas according to Cobb's backstory, he's had Boba's armor since shortly after Return of the Jedi.

The thing that confuses me about that is, he looked to be wearing his armor in that scene, whereas according to Cobb's backstory, he's had Boba's armor since shortly after Return of the Jedi.

I don't remember seeing actual armor. Now, the sound effects definitely implied the armor, but not exactly definitive.

Yeah, so did Cad Bane. A lot of warriors can keep up with Jedi, not just Mandos. Hell, a bunch of droids gave Obi-wan difficulty at times.

I don’t know who Cad Bane is and the only times droids gave Obi-Wan trouble was through sheer numbers or the powerful ones with shields that even Qui-Gon and a prime Anakin struggled with.

I don’t know who Cad Bane is and the only times droids gave Obi-Wan trouble was through sheer numbers or the powerful ones with shields that even Qui-Gon and a prime Anakin struggled with.

A bounty hunter.

Cad_Bane_TCW.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"