Christopher Nolan’s Oppenheimer

To me Nolan being knighted isn't a shock at all, it makes perfect sense. I guess the bigger shock is that I didn't think it would have happened so soon.

The hell are they honoring Sarandos for? He's not even British.

He won't be knighted but apparently he'll be awarded an Honorary Commander of the Order of the British Empire, whatever that is. I guess King Charles really liked The Crown. :o
Either that or the Royals are bribing him to ensure that The Crown isn't revived for any further seasons, which after the last couple of years alone has gotta be very tempting for Netflix.

Cillian Murphy returning home after winning the Oscar (circa 2024)

SdVay1e.gif
He should've won last year.

Not in terms of buzz, but for my money he was far, far more impressive than Butler. I kinda hated The Whale so I can’t comment on that one objectively lol. I was happy for Brendan, though.
Wildly unpopular opinion incoming but as much as I loved Farrell in Banshees, IMO his performance as Penguin was even more impressive to me. He really had a great 2022.

Opening weekend in Japan... Oppenheimer earned $2.6M.

According to Deadline: the movie "...is comping above such Nolan titles as Interstellar (+109%), Batman Begins (+39%), Dunkirk (+24%) and The Dark Knight (+21%); and just behind The Dark Knight Rises (-10%), Tenet (-11%) and Inception (-48%).

That's pretty damn good considering it's highly controversial there and that it was released everywhere else eight months ago.

With the Japan release (~ 10 days = $5.5M), the world-wide box office is now $970M.

Yeah, out of those Insomnia is the one I never saw on the big screen (only saw it for the first time a few years ago) but that one being picked over Memento or The Prestige is an unusual choice.

I'm still waiting for my local (real) IMAX to show TDK because I know they still have the print somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"