• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cloak & Dagger Cloak and Dagger General Discussion

I think people confuse "slow" with "building real nuanced characters".

I wonder if they can use Mister Negative in this show?

He would make a good villain for season 2.

I recommend it. It's a slow burn like the Netflix shows, but I think they've done well establishing both main characters in the first 3 episodes. We don't know much about the overall meat of the main plot yet, but I am interested to see what is going on.

I thought the first two episodes are pretty good.

I'm enjoying it more than Runaways

this show is actually good. a lot better than The Runaways.

I'm enjoying this show, but I don't feel its entirely clear what their powers actually are yet.

At a push I'd say they're powers that come to the forefront whenever they are under a lot of stress, and that Cloak's is teleportation whilst Dagger's is producing a dagger weapon made of light that she can use when in danger. I've no idea if that's true having never read the comics.

That's basically it. Cloaks power is based within the Darkforce dimension, which he can also use to make people experience the pain they've caused others like Ghost Rider.

Cloak can teleport but also place people within the Darkforce dimension which he gained access to from the accident. Makes them experience the pain they've caused someone else, similar to Ghost Rider.

That's basically it. Cloaks power is based within the Darkforce dimension, which he can also use to make people experience the pain they've caused others like Ghost Rider.

Thanks, that makes sense.

the chemistry between the 2 is pretty damn HOT.

I'm just glad the guy is written to be three-dimensional and not just simply "he plays basketball and had run in with the cops when he as a kid".

So, we saw in next week's preview, that Cloak gets his cloak. Here's hoping Dagger gets her costume as well!! Olivia Holt in that white catsuit!! :mrk::mrk:

So, we saw in next week's preview, that Cloak gets his cloak. Here's hoping Dagger gets her costume as well!! Olivia Holt in that white catsuit!! :mrk::mrk:

If only. I don't know if they'd give her that dagger peekaboo cleavage window though.

They will probably give Dagger a white tracksuit or something. I doubt we are getting catsuits with boob windows.

What boob window? You guys meant the cross-shaped slit in her jacket? Why don't you think her costume in the show will have it???

What boob window? You guys meant the cross-shaped slit in her jacket? Why don't you think her costume in the show will have it???

Well I'm all for it. And if it were Netflix... actually, that wouldn't make any difference as their costumes haven't exactly been great either.

I doubt they'll even get any proper costumes. But if Olivia Holt wanted the boob window then she should get her wish.

I don't see any reason why she can't have the same costume in the show.

Well the tone of it doesn't really lend itself to that as it is so far. It seems a rather serious sort of show and the costume would seem out of character with the rest of the tone. It doesn't even feel like they would wear costumes by what they've established.

That seems to be the same thing with all these Marvel shows.

Seeing that as a grifter and thief she has already used a Honey Trap tease I could see it once to get close to another man and infiltrate a place but not something to go into combat on a regular basis like the cloak for Ty or the red white and blue for Steve Rogers having some deeper personal meaning.

Well the tone of it doesn't really lend itself to that as it is so far. It seems a rather serious sort of show and the costume would seem out of character with the rest of the tone. It doesn't even feel like they would wear costumes by what they've established.

That seems to be the same thing with all these Marvel shows.

Cloak%2Band%2BDagger%2B-%2BMarvel%2BRomance%2BSuperhero%2BShow.jpg

The costume looks like this right? Granted it's a bit forced (like they made up a costume for the sake of having a costume), but it's basically just a white jacket and is no more silly than a black sheet.

Cloak%2Band%2BDagger%2B-%2BMarvel%2BRomance%2BSuperhero%2BShow.jpg

The costume looks like this right? Granted it's a bit forced (like they made up a costume for the sake of having a costume), but it's basically just a white jacket and is no more silly than a black sheet.

She doesn't wear a white jacket. She wears a skin-tight white leotard in the comics. That's what that is. The dagger symbol in the cartoon is a boob window in the comics. It's cut out.

this is the more traditional Dagger look, but without the X...

e9312f53a563f55468f103361ffac52a--cloak-and-dagger-halloween-costume-ideas.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"