Cyberpunk 2077

To meet deadlines as a result of internal delays.

There must be some bad management that possibly caused overscoping and makes features being cut here and there. The wall climbing/crawling and third-person cutscenes were removed, for examples.

Imagine all the hours/days/weeks/months people working on things just to get cut? All that time and resources wasted... On the coding side, I'm sure there are the usual bad merges and code conflicts. Now stack all of these unforeseen "problems" and you get internal delays.

I do software development, and while I don't do crazy overtime hours, I happen to do crunch time occasionally due to unanticipated issues.
We don't even know if wall running and third person cutscenes were far in development. Or it was just an idea for vertical slice. Crunch has nothing to do with it.

Pretty sure it's mostly related to bug hunting as well as replacing and testing assets that were changed last minute.

I can almost guarantee management will be the ones that say this was an “almost unanimously agreed decision” and then will go home to their families bang on 5pm

I can almost guarantee management will be the ones that say this was an “almost unanimously agreed decision” and then will go home to their families bang on 5pm
Yeah, sure, who needs managers during the most critical time of development...
This is a failure of management. Theyve had multiple delays and plenty of time (7 years?) to finish this without crunch.
Kitchen analytics. Like there's some magic number of years that's always should be enough to finish a project, regardless of what it is...

I am so excited for this, and yet CDPR's heel turn just hurts my soul.

A bit more detail on the internal kitchen of CDPR:

Verified by Shreier.

So yeah. It's not really different from many other big studios. On the other hand, the person "used to work at CDPR", so it's always a reason for skepticism from me, because we don't know what went down there. Not in the sense of completely dismissing the issue, I'm pretty sure overworking is there, but they might paint worse picture than it actually is.

Witcher 2 came out in a really rough shape, almost destroyed the company and was improved gradually through many patches and eventual "extended edition". Witcher 3 had it's share of bugs, but was much more polished than Witcher 2 on release. So I hope CP77 is closer to W3 than W2. Even though CDPR will most likely patch everything like they always did before.

Last edited:
A bit more detail on the internal kitchen of CDPR:

Verified by Shreier.

So yeah. It's not really different from many other big studios. On the other hand, the person "used to work at CDPR", so it's always a reason for skepticism from me, because we don't know what went down there. Not in the sense of completely dismissing the issue, I'm pretty sure overworking is there, but they might paint worse picture than it actually is.

Witcher 2 came out in a really rough shape, almost destroyed the company and was improved gradually through many patches and eventual "extended edition". Witcher 3 had it's share of bugs, but was much more polished than Witcher 2 on release. So I hope CP77 is closer to W3 than W2. Even though CDPR will most likely patch everything like they always did before.

I love their games, but yeah, they are villains like all the big studios. It's sad and gross and the defense of it just because people like their games is embarrassing.

Crunch is sadly a reality of game development. Everyone knows that. However, don't lie to people's faces telling them they are planning on not crunching when in reality, you are. So far, the only one who seems to have followed that up is NetherRealm Studios. Unionization really needs to come to the tech industry in general.

And crunch is only necessary because of release dates, which has limits on how far they can be moved because they need to have sales for their quarterly report.

qyn11dntbat51.jpg

Just been watching a bunch of youtube videos of this game and it feels like it's going to give me everything I want out of a futuristic, sci-fi GTA.

Another delay..

giphy.gif

In all seriousness though, I would rather they keep delaying it until they're happy it's in as finished a position it can be before the public get their hands on it & start unearthing performance/bug issues as is common with any game.

I'd rather that, then them ship a game that isn't fully finished & expect people to be fine with it eg Avengers.

Well.... good for Ubisoft! Buy Watch dogs Legion and Ac Valhalla this month!

this gives me more time for Spider-Man Miles Morales. I'm also considering AC Valhalla, but I'm not 100% certain yet. I've been out of the Assassins Creed loop since III.

this gives me more time for Spider-Man Miles Morales. I'm also considering AC Valhalla, but I'm not 100% certain yet. I've been out of the Assassins Creed loop since III.
Try playing origins and Odyssey as they are now less than 30 dollars. Those games are massive and could occupy your gaming time for months.

Another delay..

giphy.gif

In all seriousness though, I would rather they keep delaying it until they're happy it's in as finished a position it can be before the public get their hands on it & start unearthing performance/bug issues as is common with any game.

I'd rather that, then them ship a game that isn't fully finished & expect people to be fine with it eg Avengers.
I'm sure the game is more polished than Avengers. The game has gone gold and it's in a playable state, gameplay/features and all.

I wonder if it's optimization issues with PS4/XB1. After all, we haven't seen any console footage yet... :sus

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"