Daredevil Daredevil: FULL SEASON THREE Discussion Thread (Beware, Spoilers Galore!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
tumblr_pgt8g3798M1vlvsz8o1_1280.jpg

Discuss Season 3 in its entirety here. NO SPOILER TAGS NECESSARY!

So here's the bullet points on where we are at the end of Season 3:

- The FBI agent Benjamin Poindexter is manipulated by Fisk into posing as Daredevil to frame him. He's basically Bullseye and has Bullseye's skills and abilities, but he's not yet Bullseye.
- Father Lantom got fridged. They swapped the death for Karen in the comics and gave it to Father Lantom instead.
- Matt now knows Sister Maggie is his mother and she will be his new confidante.
- Wilson Fisk was briefly exonerated but is back behind bars due to Ray Nadeem's dying confession.
- Benjamin Poindexter became an impostor Daredevil and framed him, but Matt was able to show him that Fisk killed the girl he liked to manipulate him. So he tricked Poindexter into going after Fisk and Vanessa. Fisk and Matt beat Poindexter who has his back broken.
- Nearly driven to his breaking point, Matt opts not to kill Wilson Fisk.
- Wilson Fisk agrees not to reveal Matt's secret or target Karen and Foggy so Matt will not go after Vanessa.
- Matt Murdock is back and able to resume his life. He's repaired his friendship with Karen and Foggy. They are thinking about starting their own law firm together.
- Matt's life as Daredevil is uncertain. He never took the suit back or addressed what he would do about that with Karen and Foggy at the end.
- The last scene is a Dr. Oyama, as is Lady Deathstrike's father Dr. Oyama, operating on the broken back of Poindexter. For whatever reason, he was able to get some sort of experimental back surgery to get reinforced cognium steel put in his back. Unfortunately, not adamantium. The very last shot shows the operating lights reflecting in his eyes making a symbol similar to a bullseye. So I guess Bullseye is officially born now. Let's see if they actually run with the Bullseye gimmick in future seasons.
- Vanessa is technically free of charges, and she could probably take over Fisk's empire if she wanted to. She seemed to have aims to want to make decisions and have some sway in the family business. I have a feeling Matt's deal with Fisk to leave Vanessa alone is going to come back to bite him eventually.

My thoughts overall:
  • I was generally happy with this season. It had its rough spots along the way, but I think it ultimately came together. I actually really like Vanessa, and I wish she was in the season more. I think when she came back the story picked up a lot more.
  • If we get another season, I want a full on return to form for Daredevil and I want full on Bullseye. Otherwise, I call shenanigans.
  • A lot of moralizing and grandstanding about killing and not killing. Oh you can't kill him or Fisk, but Matt can point out the FBI agent to kill dudes. Blah blah blah. And then you have Jessica Jones killing Kilgrave. Seriously, what's wrong with killing Fisk? Dude's a rabid animal. Needs to be put down.
  • Nothing against Deborah Ann Woll, but her performance and tics started to get on my nerves this season. It just seems like her voice is quivering and she's about to suffer a breakdown in every other scene. After a while, it started to get obnoxious.
  • Willing to see where they take things with Poindexter. I hope we get a full version of Bullseye we didn't get this season.
  • Vincent D'Onofrio is the main reason to watch this show. I saw what the showrunners were doing and basically making him a stand-in for Donald Trump, which eh whatever.
  • The federal corruption problem doesn't necessarily go away by incarcerating Fisk. So I don't get Foggy's reasoning. Fisk had the police when he was free. When he was incarcerated, he got the prison system and the FBI. So again, don't see why killing Fisk is a bad solution. Sorry. It's sort of like just kill the Joker. Just kill Kilgrave or Jessica's mom. All the deaths that happened as a result of letting them live as long as they did is the fault of the so-called "heroes." Sorry it just is.
  • At the end of the day, vigilantes are criminals. They are violating human rights. Remember, even criminals have rights. Even convicted felons on death row have rights. Greater good or not killing doesn't mean they are necessarily moral figures. They are still technically criminals and violating the word of law.

My thoughts overall:

• Nothing against Deborah Ann Woll, but her performance and tics started to get on my nerves this season. It just seems like her voice is quivering and she's about to suffer a breakdown in every other scene. After a while, it started to get obnoxious.
I'm jealous you lasted this long without it bothering you. I know they're supposed to be character quirks but it annoys me too. She was so good on True Blood, I wish she didn't have to play it this way.

I'm jealous you lasted this long without it bothering you. I know they're supposed to be character quirks but it annoys me too. She was so good on True Blood, I wish she didn't have to play it this way.

I mean I started noticing it beforehand, but this season is where I really had enough of it. Like in season 1 I understood it. She had been through a traumatizing experience. But considering they want Karen to be this heroine, I wish she had steeled herself up a little bit more. I mean I don't need her to be a total hard ass like Jessica Jones, but after a while Karen's quivering mess almost became more like a gimmick rather than a character.

I’d say a lot better than season 1, but season 2 is slightly better since the ending was stronger. Still, the second best Marvel Netflix season. Hoping they go full Bullseye.

I’d say a lot better than season 1, but season 2 is slightly better since the ending was stronger. Still, the second best Marvel Netflix season. Hoping they go full Bullseye.

Well now that they are cancelling shows left and right...who knows...

Well now that they are cancelling shows left and right...who knows...

That just means Luke Cage and Iron Fist weren't pulling in the ratings they wanted. Iron Fist is not surprising. Luke Cage kinda is and kinda isn't considering the second season wasn't well received. Jessica Jones may go as well.

Daredevil, however, has always been the Marvel show which pulled in the most ratings, so as basically a flagship it's safe.

This has nothing to do with Disney since even if Disney wanted the license back, they're already in contract for years.

Was Luke Cage Season 2 really not well received?

Also, reports indicated that Iron Fist S1 was the most-viewed show ever for Marvel Netflix.

‘Marvel’s Iron Fist’ Was Netflix’s Most-Binged Drama Premiere

Were these reports lies or inaccurate?

Reports are more than likely accurate. However, the first season also got terrible reviews from critics and audiences which was bound to do major damage to the second season ratings. I was among the few who liked the first season.

I don't know about Luke Cage Season 2's reviews everywhere, but considering IGN is one of the sites that typically gives superhero content the best reviews - and they only gave it a 4.5/10 I'd bet reviews wouldn't be much better elsewhere.

Marvel's Luke Cage: Season 2 Review - IGN

Actually, was wrong about that - managed to find rotten tomatoes score - Luke Cage season 2 was well received.

Marvel's Luke Cage: Season 2 - Rotten Tomatoes

But, as said - considering Daredevil is one of their flagships and Disney is caught in a contract, I don't see it going anywhere. Jessica Jones might. But, Daredevil and likely Punisher are safe bets to stay.

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!

This is absolutely the ebst superhero tv series and season ever. It never let up from beginning to end. IT WAS AMAZING! TOP NOTCH WORK FROM EVERYONE INVOLVED!

But, as said - considering Daredevil is one of their flagships and Disney is caught in a contract, I don't see it going anywhere. Jessica Jones might. But, Daredevil and likely Punisher are safe bets to stay.
JJ has already been renewed for a 3rd season. I'd imagine it will probably be its last, though.

JJ has already been renewed for a 3rd season. I'd imagine it will probably be its last, though.

Most likely, I mean, if not for the tag at the end of the last episode of this season it kinda played like a series ender. I don't know where else they can go that's really new after full on Bullseye. The way this season ended, I don't see them returning to the Kingpin any time soon.

Daredevil Season 3 basically tied up all the loose ends outside of Poindexter epilogue. But that wasn't even a major cliffhanger.

Next season will likely be Bullseye, Gladiator finally, and possibly Mr Fear. Bullseye and Gladiator have a lot in common - both were used as pawns by Daredevil and Kingpin to the degree that I’d imagine both want revenge.

Want to give my full thoughts later but this was an absolutely fantastic season. My only gripe was that by the end... the plot essentially felt like a rehash of the first season.

I was thinking Fisk might escape with Vanessa in the finale to change it up, but instead they ended up in the exact same position as they were left in at the end of season 1. And of course everything throughout the season with the corruption also ended up in the same place at the end.

Random thought : could they have not make Karen Page less of a "whiner", she is a fine character but does she have to be so emotional all the time ?
In this show and Punisher most of her scenes have her crying or sobbing, I understand that her back story and the things she went through were hard stuff but still, I don't like to remember this character as a soapbox.

I'm happy that almost all of the women made it, even Vanessa and Hattley, who I was scared were going to bite it at Dex's hands. Sucks for Julie, though.

I was spending much of the latter half hoping that 'Dex' would get a dark blue version of the Daredevil suit sans the horns but with a Bullseye. Shame that they didn't. Similarly I had hoped (maybe foolishly) that while in the abandoned gym Matt would find some of his father's gear and fashion a crude yellow costume.

Though I did like the black suit this season it's still not my favourite and I found the addition of rope gloves a bit goofy. They seemed a bit too large like he was fighting with foam gloves almost.

Are they setting up a Thunderbolts show? This stinger feels pretty similar to season one of Like Cage with Diamondback. It would probably be too much to have Jeremy Renner be a part of that or the guy who played Zemo back since they're both from the movies.

Next season will likely be Bullseye, Gladiator finally, and possibly Mr Fear. Bullseye and Gladiator have a lot in common - both were used as pawns by Daredevil and Kingpin to the degree that I’d imagine both want revenge.

Pretty sure that was Melvin's corpse in the freezer. Which is a shame as I really liked him.

Random thought : could they have not make Karen Page less of a "whiner", she is a fine character but does she have to be so emotional all the time ?
In this show and Punisher most of her scenes have her crying or sobbing, I understand that her back story and the things she went through were hard stuff but still, I don't like to remember this character as a soapbox.

It really got on my nerves this season.

I would say I enjoyed this season about as much as season 1. Which means tied for my favorite superhero season ever, not just from Netflix. Any show. Start to finish, I was hooked. I loved season 2, but it was uneven and the Elektra plot was far inferior to the Punisher one, but this season I felt had no weak subplots. Just outstanding.

This show had better continue or I will riot. I want a season 4!!!! Absolutely my favorite show.

I thought Season 3 was as good as season 1 and I thoroughly enjoyed. I do hope that Daredevil gets renewed for season 4 but even it gets cancelled I still feel there was a satisfying conclusion as there wasn't any major cliffhangers(other than Poindexter having a back surgery and his eyes symbolizing that he will become Bullseye).

Random thoughts:
  • Matt making a deal with Fisk on having his wife being free will probably bite him as she could run Wilson's empire while he's behind bars. She's already proven that she's ruthless as The Kingpin as she ordered that Nadeem to be killed. It seemed that she had no remorse on ordering a man's death and that she accepted the Kingpin's world with no problems.
  • There is a possibility that Melvin Potter could hold some resentment towards Daredevil due to him being arrested (and possibly charged) for 'helping' the fake Daredevil with his suit and that Matt left him behind to get arrested. We still don't know whether he's behind bars or is free. So Melvin becoming the Gladiator is possible.
  • I do wish the writers indicated which Daredevil suit that Matt will be wearing. I'm kinda disappointed that he didn't wear the red suit.
  • I actually like Foggy and I appreciate his faith in the legal system. But Wilson Fisk has already proven many times that he's above the law with his wealth and power, he even had corrupt FBI agents under his pocket. So I don't really get why he didn't like the idea of the Kingpin being killed.
  • I'm surprised that Matt never considered contacting the other Defenders for help against Fisk... but whatever and it can easily be explained that Daredevil isn't a team player as proven in this season.
  • I have no idea on what else the writers could take with the Kingpin. As much as I enjoyed the character and Vincent D'onofrio's performance, I do hope that he remains behind bars for the foreseeable future. I'm more interesting in Daredevil facing a new enemy than dealing with the Kingpin again as it will be a rehash from season 1 and 3.
  • I didn't really care for Karen or her backstory.
I give Daredevil Season three 9/10 and Daredevil imo is the best superhero show atm.

Haven’t had a chance to watch yet, but does Bullseye ever get a comic book accurate look? Big missed opportunity if not

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"