Clone Wars "Deal or No Deal" Spoiler Discussion

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Where we learn that Kessel has a softer side...

I'm really enjoying this arc so far. While both episodes have felt very setup-y, they feel nice and tight. More like the first two Bad Batch episodes than the latter two but where I like the new characters more. The dynamic between the two sisters and Ahsoka thrown in the middle of it is refreshing and doesn't really feel like a redux of something we've already seen like I think Nyx would have. Kessel was great to see, and I loved that the maelstrom looked just like it did in Solo. I'm curious, with the inclusion of both the Pykes and Kessel, if this arc will feature how the Pykes gain control of the spice mines as seen in Solo.

Yep, definitely very setup-y again, but I really loved the world building in this one. Seeing a new side of Kessel, along with the side we know from Solo was so neat. Not sure about how to feel about the two sisters yet, but I am enjoying the dynamic of having this be an all girls affair so far. A very different dynamic for this show, which makes sense with Ahsoka being on her own.

Also was it just me, or did there feel like they had a lot of movie shots for the ships in this one? Like Is swear they used the Takodana approach shot from TFA. Also the nice side of Kessel had a very Naboo feel to me. Down to their choice of dinner.

I had almost forgotten about the Pykes being in Solo. But I'd love to see this arc wind up explaining how they took over Kessel. These two episodes have been a lot of fun. The sisters have a good dynamic with Ahsoka, and it's entertaining to watch Filoni and co. try and make Trace's interest in her as romantic as possible without Disney censors coming down on them.

I need my bo katan fix...i think we may see her appear briefly in next episode as she did in that shot in the trailer wearing a cloak and hoodie.

Anywho. Not a bad episode. The ending left it open so we'll find out what happens next.

Yep, definitely very setup-y again, but I really loved the world building in this one. Seeing a new side of Kessel, along with the side we know from Solo was so neat. Not sure about how to feel about the two sisters yet, but I am enjoying the dynamic of having this be an all girls affair so far. A very different dynamic for this show, which makes sense with Ahsoka being on her own.

Also was it just me, or did there feel like they had a lot of movie shots for the ships in this one? Like Is swear they used the Takodana approach shot from TFA. Also the nice side of Kessel had a very Naboo feel to me. Down to their choice of dinner.
The Silver Angel taking off for the first time felt like a shot straight out of a Star Trek movie, and I mean that in the best possible way.

Writing on these last two episodes was awful. Rafa and Trace were beyond annoying. Trace is a blithering idiot and a petulant child. Her sister isn't much better.

Ahsoka wasn't much better either. First she's like, "We can't deal with the Pykes, they'll kill us!" I mean seriously. Had you just given them the spice and maybe still used the Force mind tricks, I imagine you could've gotten out of that situation better than leaving them there empty handed.

The sooner this storyline ends the better. These episodes of exemplify why I was never a big fan of Clone Wars. The show would go on these tangents of boring subplots and side characters that just weren't interesting at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"