Director Ideas?

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Gonna throw Karyn Kusama’s name out there.

The way the approach has been described, I’m assuming it’ll start in a dark place and move toward the light, and her work is usually more on the dark side, but I think it can work.

DuVernay definitely comes to mind. Gerwig's next film is w WB, so that could lend itself to something interesting. Bigelow, King, Har'el. It's endless really.

Reading the comic that this movie will be based on, it feels much more like a Star Wars or Guardians Of The Galaxy type movie,
with Kara traveling from planet to planet looking for a cure for Krypto after he got poisoned.
, so maybe give Bryce Dallas Howard a shot at it? She directed awesome episodes of The Mandalorian (and will be directing episodes of season 3).

If Barbie opens big, Greta Gerwig for sure.
I can’t see her getting in on the superhero game… but then again, a few years ago, I would’ve said the same about her doing Barbie, so who knows?

It'll be someone left field... James Mangold. :o

Gerwig would be a huge get; but idk if she can just walk away from Netflix.

Kelly Fremon Craig might be an interesting choice.

A big swing to end all big swings, but lemme shoot this shot anyway… Kathryn Bigelow?

Gina Prince-Bythewood, if she's still interested in superhero films after Silver Sable and Black Cat didn't materialize for Sony. She directed The Old Guard and The Woman King.

I could maybe see someone like Emma Seligman, Reed Morano or Kate Herron landing the gig.

Reed morano has a new film filming soon i think so not likely i imagine. Herron is directing for last of us season 2 so Warner may indeed have an eye on her.

If schedule permits, I’d assume it’s Herron’s to lose.

Maggie Gyllenhaal also has a Frankenstein film going at WB.

I could see her being attracted to it, and she's been assembling some hella good casts.

I would go with Ava DuVernay myself but also Katheryn Bigelow or other male directors like Joe Dante, Michael Mann, Peter Berg just to name a few

Notable that Gunn is taking his time on picking this. Makes me think we might actually get someone interesting instead of a boring studio choice like Niki Caro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"