Discussion: Relations with Russia

giphy.gif
Your response was the first thing that came to my mind. :p

One of the advantages of NATO draining its inventories to lose a war in Ukraine is that it reduces the odds of an offensive war against either Iran, China, or the African Sahel independence movement (Niger, Mali, Chad, etc).

For example those cruise missiles, rockets, and rocket launchers are unlikely to be replaced for decades,if ever.

I was afraid of this myself. :( I'm finding it harder to believe Ukraine can take back the land they've lost.

I think that the only way for Ukraine to regain its lost territory is for a full and genuine backing from NATO. That means substantial commitment of NATO troops (at least 200,000), and much more substantial air support. Not donating 1980s-era F16s, but sending in F22s and F35s flown by trained NATO pilots.

But NATO's not doing that. Either they're under-estimating the Russians, or Biden just wants to postpone the fall of Kiev to after-the-election.

I think it's the latter.

There are two ways in which Ukraine recently escalated its war effort.

First, a new mobilization law was signed. Among other things, Ukrainian solders are now required to spend more time on the front, and that the age of mobilization is lowered from 27 to 25.

The second is that Ukraine is now denying passport renewals to the estimated 5 million Ukrainians that have moved to the west as refugees. So if they want new passports, they need to move back to Ukraine and die on the front first. This issue doesn't apply to the 4 million Ukrainians that are refugees in Russia, I understand that they have been offered Russian passports.

And when Ukraine runs out of young men for the grinder? Sad to think. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"