Diseased Maniacs: The Villains Thread with POLL

Idk it it matters tbh. And If the Elite play no part in anything in the DCU then it really doesn’t matter lol

Some rumors going around suggest they may conflate the teams. Maybe have Black and Sparks be siblings. Idk how true they are though. I’d dwindle the amount of team members either way.

I couldn't stand Manchester Black in the animated Supes vs The Elite (tbh thought the whole movie looked hideous) but I really liked him in The Authority, I was reading him with a real Johnny Rotten English accent.

I just didn't understand the old and the new folks coming in and who was once with who. Needed to be a longer run. Crammed a lot of info.

I couldn't stand Manchester Black in the animated Supes vs The Elite (tbh thought the whole movie looked hideous) but I really liked him in The Authority, I was reading him with a real Johnny Rotten English accent.

I just didn't understand the old and the new folks coming in and who was once with who. Needed to be a longer run. Crammed a lot of info.

I didn’t watch the animated film. But I liked him in Superman and The Authority lead up to Warworld.

But which run are you referring to? I’ve read The Authority run by Ellis and some of Millar’s. Nothing centered on Black or The Elite.

I didn’t watch the animated film. But I liked him in Superman and The Authority lead up to Warworld.

But which run are you referring to? I’ve read The Authority run by Ellis and some of Millar’s. Nothing centered on Black or The Elite.
I am not sure which run I am talking about/If I am talking about a particular one. My only moments wit MB have been Supes vs The Elite(animated) and Supes and The Authority that leads up to Warworld.

I feel like after The Boys, Manchester Black would just come across as another Billy the Butcher, so I think Jenny would be more exciting, especially since she's the original anyways.

"Spirit of the 20th/21st century" is also just a more intriguing concept with more thematic implications if we have Supes literally at odds with the times.

Last edited:
I feel like after The Boys, Manchester Black would just come across as another Billy the Butcher, so I'd lean towards just using Jenny instead, especially since she's the original anyways (There could still be a reference the name, one of her other monikers)

"Spirit of the 20th/21st century" is also just a more intriguing concept with more thematic implications, with Supes literally at odds with the times.

I'd cast Florence Pugh (if she's meant to be "in her prime") or Cate Blanchett (if they have her aging for the past 25 years).
I never really got Billy The Butcher vibes when reading Supes and The Authority, more of a Sex Pistols - Constantine type.

What sort of personality does Jenny Sparks have?

After doing some reading I feel so lost about the presence of The Authority with Supes. I feel so out of the loop.

I never really got Billy The Butcher vibes when reading Supes and The Authority, more of a Sex Pistols - Constantine type.

What sort of personality does Jenny Sparks have?

After doing some reading I feel so lost about the presence of The Authority with Supes. I feel so out of the loop.

She's in the same ball park as Billy or Manchester, though not as extreme. But Gunn can do whatever he wants.

I think for the Authority, Gunn will conflate elements of the Elite and Kingdom Come (a world populated by plenty of "heroes" who ironically have little empathy for those they destroy)

Last edited:
I hope Gunn brings some of his horror skills, similar to Raimi when it comes to the villains. Watching Parasite absorb peoples energy and turning them into prunes could look real neat with a director that knows horror.

Can you imagine Jenny trying to sleep with Superman. Gunn could really have fun with that.

Could be cool to combine Jenny Sparks with Vera Black and make her Manchester Black’s sister.

Tom Sturridge who plays Dream on Netflix's The Sandman might be a good Manchester.

the-sandman.jpg

New rumors are suggesting Brainiac as the main villain, right?

I think the time is right for brainiac. Zod and Luthor are kind of used up and Brainiac if a great way to build hype.

Adrian Lester would be an amazing Brainiac

So will Luther and the main villain for Legacy be cast before the strike deadline tonight?

So will Luther and the main villain for Legacy be cast before the strike deadline tonight?
The deadline was last night. The union is set to meet this morning on finalizing the vote to strike and there's gonna be a press conference about it at noon PT.

Maybe it's just because he did a good Manchester accent in Ted Lasso but Phil Dunster would make a good Manchester Black.

It's implied that Manchester and his Sister Vera are from Manchester in the comics and Mancunians tend to have a distinct accent.

If Manchester is in this film (and especially if it’s established that he’s from Manchester) then Gunn had better needledrop some classic Oasis music whenever he shows up.

But dear God, not Wonderwall. Give me Supersonic or Columbia.

I was in a group on Facebook that said Jennifer Coolidge should play granny goodness and that would be so fun to see

Tim curry for granny goodness
Steve Buscemi for desaad.

Buscemi could work... but last I saw Curry was left pretty immobile after his stroke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"