• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

No Way Home "Down Came The Goblin, and Took The Spider Out" - Willem Dafoe Needs His Thread Too

Figured I'd post this here since it's relevant. :gg:

if he is the main villain, it's kind of amazing how they're keeping it so under wraps. no leaks, nothing. then again, they've managed to keep leaks away for other projects like Endgame too.

I'm still wondering whether or not he's been de-aged in that pic.

I'm still wondering whether or not he's been de-aged in that pic.
He kinda looks like he isn't to me, which is curious. Also, looking at it with more scrutiny- do I see green scales?? Legit like the classic goblin scales?

I have to admit, Dafoe didn’t wow me when I first saw Spider-Man… he was playing a variation of his Speed 2 character. But his GG grew on me with its campy charm.

Doc Ock is just a better villain overall.

I have to admit, Dafoe didn’t wow me when I first saw Spider-Man… he was playing a variation of his Speed 2 character. But his GG grew on me with its campy charm.

Doc Ock is just a better villain overall.
I think his acting was great, it's just Molina's take on Otto Octavius was the best out of the whole trilogy - nothing against Defoe as Goblin. It's rare for me to see a villain who starts out as a good man and then becomes evil later - and even goes back to his own ways and redeems himself by the end.

Willem Dafoe is always great, and I very much look forward to him having another go at Green Goblin. Molina benefited from having a more rounded character, a better character design, an overall stronger film, and one of the greatest action scenes ever made for a superhero film.

and ending as one too

bane-for-now.gif

I personally didn't like the adaptation of Green Goblin. Thought he was way too hammy. Of course the suit didn't help but that was another time.

If he's in the new film, then I hope he's less hammy and more menacing. And I won't lie, I'd be giddy as heck if he wears a proper Green Goblin outfit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"