• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Election Politics are over, time to support our new President

Here here to a president who by just being elected... has almost completely mended the torn foreign relations that the Bush administration managed to rip apart. :up:

Almost....untill he enters the white house :D

Call me paranoid or skeptical, but I'm not sold on Obama, and probably won't be until I see his "pie in the sky" changes and policies get put into place.

I do hope he can better things, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Good news is I'll probably be fine either way, since I've had my best years financially during the so-called "devastation" years of George W.

Here here to a president who by just being elected... has almost completely mended the torn foreign relations that the Bush administration managed to rip apart. :up:

I second that.

:up:

I did not vote for Obama, but I don't understand the people that wish him to fail now that he's going to be President. I didn't vote for him becase I don't agree with all of his plans on how to better America, and because when everyone talks about how much change he can bring to the US, and how differnt he can be, I just didn't see it. I saw, and still see, the same politician that Washington is filled with.

Now with that said, I will support him. I pray that the hope that his campaign has inspired in people isn't dashed away, that his presidency can not only bring about changes that better this country, but that it allows for this country to actually feel pride again.

And think that it will be tough. Obama will have to face countless hurdles, some from his own doing and decisions, some that would happen no matter what he does, but either way, he will have to face them and get America through. And that is why I support him now. While I might not see it, many people obviously see great things in him, and I hope to help see their hopes become a reality in whatever small way I can.

One thing Obama can't do, but that America needs to do on its own is stop the bitterness between parties. Republicans I know need to swallow this bitter taste in their mouth from an Obama win and move on. It's happening, and they need to find a way to be productive during his time in office. And some of the democrats I know need to stop gloating like they just won a beer chugging contest. Most should know how crappy it can feel to live in a place where you think your ideologies aren't represented anywhere.

I hope somehow we can get some increased unification. Get involved, don't expect the other guy to do it, and then complain about it.

I voted for McCain, on the basis that I saw his plans as the "lesser of two evils". In my opinion as an American voter, I do not believe Barack Obama will be a good President. He has numerous ties to Islam, supports both gay marriage and abortion, and wants to withdraw our men and women in uniform from Iraq prematurely.

As for McCain, I feel one reason why he didn't win was because he "sat on the fence" regarding a few very important issues, giving different answers every few months...and its likely that because of it, many Americans felt they couldn't trust him as a responsible Chief Executive. I also think people were much too critical of Sarah Palin, and that in turn reflected negatively on McCain. My hope at the moment is that God will somehow use this to His advantage, to bring the United States into a brighter era for His sake...not Obama's, McCain's, or anyone else's.
Suck a fatty. Seriously. Enjoy the next four years Moviefan, they're gonna be awesome.

In a way I understand some of the bitterness over this election; I see now that Obama stole the primaries from Hillary in a way few are open to discussing. But that's politics as usual. I am really into rap/hip-hop and am looking forward to the coming administration, hopefully they can undo some of the forced right-wing zealtry we've been made to endure the past eight years and bring us, as a country, into this century. Obama might not be the octopus President from Metal Gear, but maybe we're not ready for that. Or maybe we are.

Call me paranoid or skeptical, but I'm not sold on Obama, and probably won't be until I see his "pie in the sky" changes and policies get put into place.

I do hope he can better things, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Good news is I'll probably be fine either way, since I've had my best years financially during the so-called "devastation" years of George W.

This is pretty much how I feel, I voted for Obama because I want to believe he'll change things and now he's got his chance/opportunity. I think the first way to show change is to appoint a truly diverse cabinet, not just race or sex, but political ideology, I think this will greatly help the political divide in this country that needs to be destroyed. Everything won't change overnight, but using Barrack-ism, I hope over the next four years, change will be made.

As a final note, I'm really glad so many people felt so proud voting, cause I didn't feel anything, maybe because Obama was already projected as the winner of IL by the time I voted an hour before the polls closed last night.

In a way I understand some of the bitterness over this election; I see now that Obama stole the primaries from Hillary in a way few are open to discussing. But that's politics as usual. I am really into rap/hip-hop and am looking forward to the coming administration, hopefully they can undo some of the forced right-wing zealtry we've been made to endure the past eight years and bring us, as a country, into this century.

It is my belief that had it not been for caucusses, Obama would not have won the Democratic primary...but that is neither here, nor there. Barack Obama is the President-elect, and that is to be respected.

It is my belief that had it not been for caucusses, Obama would not have won the Democratic primary...but that is neither here, nor there. Barack Obama is the President-elect, and that is to be respected.
Only an unpatriotic gooseball would disagree with you there.

Thank you! Totally agree with everything you just said, because it's oh-so-true and it's too bad some people are so blinded by their ignorance and racism to see it.

As for me...

Gotta say that I'm VERY proud to be an American right now, it's so wonderful to say the words: "President Obama".

The country is thrilled (landslide vote, McCain didn't stand a chance. I'm so glad the ignorance and racism in this country didn't win out!), the rest of the world is thrilled (no one outside of the USA wanted McCain in office, they knew he was just going to continue Bush's BS. Their stockmarket is going crazy right now!), and now this country can finally get back on it's feet again.

It's going to be a long road, and will take a long time (we have 8 years of Bush's horrific mess to clean up after all), but President Obama will put the process of healing in motion and set us on the right path. He'll restore honor and respect to the United States of America...something we lost under Bush, and something we would never have gained back under McCain and Palin's thumb.

This was a historical election, and I'm thrilled and proud to have been a part of it and voted in America's next great President.

He deserved it, and WE as a country deserve him!

A vote for McCain / Palin is not a racist vote, not in the least bit.

I know plenty of people who voted for McCain / Palin because their fundamental beliefs for the United States fall along a conservative / Republican line of thinking, and it has absolutely nothing to do with race.

That's not "stealing" anything though. It's a smart strategy. Going against the most popular name in the Democratic Party is not easy. Starting the campaign he was at a huge disadvantage in every area: money, brand name, exposure to the public, and on and on...and did I mention he's a black guy with Hussein as his middle name? Even as he tried to let voters get to know him, plenty of them refused to even consider the notion that he might be a decent person simply because of those two factors. And yes, I'm talking about the Democratic Primary. It played out eerily similar to a General Election, with Hillary winning a vast majority of the rural vote (the people more likely to be uninformed about Obama and suspicious of him).

That's not "stealing" anything though. It's a smart strategy. Going against the most popular name in the Democratic Party is not easy. Starting the campaign he was at a huge disadvantage in every area: money, brand name, exposure to the public, and on and on...and did I mention he's a black guy with Hussein as his middle name? Even as he tried to let voters get to know him, plenty of them refused to even consider the notion that he might be a decent person simply because of those two factors. And yes, I'm talking about the Democratic Primary. It played out eerily similar to a General Election, with Hillary winning a vast majority of the rural vote (the people more likely to be uninformed about Obama and suspicious of him).
So in other words it was stolen, so to speak.

A vote for McCain / Palin is not a racist vote, not in the least bit.

I know plenty of people who voted for McCain / Palin because their fundamental beliefs for the United States fall along a conservative / Republican line of thinking, and it has absolutely nothing to do with race.

so why is it those folks in Arizona last night couldn't even muster up the class to applaud the new President when McCain praised him for his friendship and being the new leader of this country

so why is it those folks in Arizona last night couldn't even muster up the class to applaud the new President when McCain praised him for his friendship and being the new leader of this country

Some people are poor sports

Bush and GOP have had 8 years where they get to mold the country to their liking, and they have failed. Obama will inherit a host of problems, including two wars, sinking economy, and face challenges such as health care reform. I think he deserves benefit of the doubt and be given a chance, and see if he can get it done. After the atrocious Bush years, this is a welcome change.

Do you guys see another term for Obama...?

Can someone please tell McCain to keep it down? I can hear him trashing his Hotel Room from here. :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"