7f25f6bfdc2a6870e09bf01f01da1f9e8643378f.gifv

honesty,
a39a2e6db1acbf8a6eecc86c3abdddc0fb90d905.gifv

and doubt.
8ce54cb781ccf758ebafd0b8e7bd3a5693e9f58f.gifv

And now episode 9 of Peter Pan...

e37acb07c84f4244e9e0ff8a986f09966214d172.gifv

Last edited by a moderator:
The last 10 minutes was easily the best part of this episode, but it was still a pretty enjoyable episode overall. Loved seeing Gugu and Miss Minutes come back and they definitely stole the show especially towards the end.

I know its weird even trying to talk about Majors but I didn't mind his performance throughout the episode and some of the most interesting stuff in the episode was definitely with his character IMO.

It feels like this season is building to something or somekind of BIG reveal which I don't even want to speculate about right now, but it has me hooked and I really want to see what happens next.

B****fight between Ravonna and Ms. Minutes? Count me in. :lol: Seriously, Ms. Minutes is really creepy here. The episode had a little bit too much slapstick for my taste. Majors continues to act like really cringe in his variants. But the last 15min were a good pay-off with all the different parties. I just wished for Ravonna finally tell Sylvie her Nexus Event since the "Previously on" teased this a little bit.

WIth Majors just get a "special guest apperenace", do we think it was the only episode with him? That would be strange, how the episode ended.

Crazy how they made an entire episode of scripted television out of that Quantumania credits scene. :o

I liked the episode overall. It didn't have the pacing issues that episode 2 had. I was happy to see Renslayer and Miss Minutes again. Regarding Majors, all I'll say is I prefer He Who Remains to Victor Timely as far as his performances go.

WIth Majors just get a "special guest apperenace", do we think it was the only episode with him? That would be strange, how the episode ended.
He's almost certainly coming back in the next episode since Timely was going to the TVA with Loki and Mobius. Possible that even if he shows up in every remaining episode he has the "special guest appearance" credit, not sure why.

I'm always entertained by the time period in this episode, and with the costumes and the actors hamming it up. Still find this cast uniquely watchable, especially with Renslayer and Minutes back (going Stay Puft was fun too :D ). He Who Remains/Must Not Be Named is a proper twit in his variants. :funny:

I liked this episode a little less than the first two. Maybe it was just the fact that I watched this immediately after coming home from Killers of the Flower Moon. Moving from Scorsese to Marvel Plus is a tough transition.

Majors was veering on bad for me, I couldn't buy what he was selling at all. Miss Minutes stole the show, once again. I've loved the character from the beginning and I like how she's fleshed out this season. Fleshed out, perhaps literally.

I liked this episode a little less than the first two. Maybe it was just the fact that I watched this immediately after coming home from Killers of the Flower Moon. Moving from Scorsese to Marvel Plus is a tough transition.

Majors was veering on bad for me, I couldn't buy what he was selling at all. Miss Minutes stole the show, once again. I've loved the character from the beginning and I like how she's fleshed out this season. Fleshed out, perhaps literally.
star-wars-kylo-ren.gif

Haha, for shame. Although I don't consider this show to be particularly Marvelish. It's got some uniqueness and X-factor to it, even if not everything works. Yeah Minutes is an awesome character, and delightfully scary in this ep.

I still enjoyed Majors in the S1 finale, but he was pretty insufferable here. Needs a rewatch for sure, but didn't love this one.

I was thinking something during the episode... and with that last line from Miss Minutes to Renslayer: "I know a really big secret about you..", I think my suspicion was right... Renslayer is a Variant of Kang.

I love how this show remembered that Loki is a skilled magic user and is capable of doing more than pulling out a dagger.
But the it begs the question, why doesn't he do it all the time? That's one of the issue with "unlimited magic Loki". He'd kind of be unbeatable. Especially with his dense Frost Giant body. And yet... not really?

This episode made me realize even more what a mistake it was to have Kang in Ant-Man 3. If this were his second appearance in the MCU, it would have still have left an air of mystery about him. It would make me wonder if he actually that powerful.

Instead, I know he can become powerful and can actually be defeated fairly easily.

As for the episode itself, I find myself asking a lot “Why doesn’t Loki use his magic to solve this?” He couldn’t use it in the TVA but he could have easily used it to subdue Timely and they could have taken him back forcibly.

Then you have Rendlayer monologue-ing just long enough for Sylvia to show up. And instead of just killing Timely, she has a change of heart?

The set design was fantastic though.

Majors does not have the range he or they think he has.
For me, hard disagree. I thought he was amazingly captivating, even as a stuttering "idiot" genius.

This episode made me realize even more what a mistake it was to have Kang in Ant-Man 3. If this were his second appearance in the MCU, it would have still have left an air of mystery about him. It would make me wonder if he actually that powerful.

Instead, I know he can become powerful and can actually be defeated fairly easily.

I don't entirely think Kang was defeated easily (there were some pretty fluke circumstances that, if they were repeated, there would still be a lot of dead Avengers), but I do agree that making him the big bad of Ant-Man 3 was less than ideal. Before the first trailer, I assumed he was going to have a minor role - maybe as someone who helped them get out of the Quantum realm and tagged along or something, but not as the big threat of the entire movie. That being said, the post-credits scene led me to believe they are going for a time travel/variants shenanigans with Kang. Defeating him isn't really a permanent solution.

Anyway, regarding this episode, I'll agree with everyone that Miss Minutes was the star of the show. Despite the focus on Victor Timely here, I think she will be the big bad of the season.

I’m in the camp of Majors being hard to watch here. I’ve really enjoyed his acting in other projects but I feel like he’s just overdoing it with the clown school stuff in this.

Is it just me or Loki seems to be sidelined in his own show?. Everything that happens is driven by other characters, he is just "there". Not to mention how underwhelming his tricks are.

I've enjoyed everything I've seen Majors in previous to this, but I understand why its not landing for people. I didn't mind it, felt like he was going for isolated weirdo scientist, I'd have just dialed it down from 11 to like an 8.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed the quirky faux-old timey tone, the costume and set designs, the music, thought it was all pretty great.

I do agree Loki's got to become a bit more proactive though, I don't think he gets lost as he still gets some great dialogue and emotional moments, but something to establish him back as the God of Mischief he should be would be nice. Ep 2's interrogation scene was pretty great, and I want to see more of that. Stop letting Sylvie turn him into a lovesick puppy saying "can't we all just get along"

I've enjoyed everything I've seen Majors in previous to this, but I understand why its not landing for people. I didn't mind it, felt like he was going for isolated weirdo scientist, I'd have just dialed it down from 11 to like an 8.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed the quirky faux-old timey tone, the costume and set designs, the music, thought it was all pretty great.

I do agree Loki's got to become a bit more proactive though, I don't think he gets lost as he still gets some great dialogue and emotional moments, but something to establish him back as the God of Mischief he should be would be nice. Ep 2's interrogation scene was pretty great, and I want to see more of that. Stop letting Sylvie turn him into a lovesick puppy saying "can't we all just get along"
I mean the Loki character problem is at the heart of why the Kang/multiverse angle isn’t working like the Infinity Saga.

The multiverse doesn’t matter to Loki. It matters to Sylvie which is why she’s being proactive and changing. The stones themselves played a part individually in people’s ambitions even before Thanos.

As much as the show wants us to believe of an existential threat is Kang is to Loki he hasn’t done anything to bring in or warn Thor or Asgard about Kang. It’s been two seasons and we still haven’t gotten a Thor finds out Loki is out there and he has access to all of time so there’s really nothing stopping him.

Soon as Loki listened to the recording between Ravonna and Kang (He Who Remains), I turned to my friend and said, "Holy BLEEP, she's a Kang variant". I am a little worried though. Made it too obvious at the end of last week which makes me doubt the bet I made. But, really, what else could it possibly be. I hope I do lose cause then it will be something none of us expected and the writers were putting more thought into the script then their "wants" in their inevitable strike. If it stays predictable and she is a Kang variant.. can we go on a strike against the writers? Bar bad scripting. I take that back. nobody would be watching TV or would of been all year and we would of missed good runs like Ahsoka and Gen V. (not being sarcastic, I think they are really really good)

I didn't catch that, my impression from the recording was only that they had a history, maybe in love, maybe something else, but nothing screamed "she's a Kang" to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"