Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is zero possibility any of you idiots think this series will be 7 seasons :lmao:

this thread is now old enough to drink!

I noticed the books get more sexually graphic as they go, while the show gets less and less so. also the show's over all quality stays pretty consistent while imo the books get more over indulgent as they go. the last season might have been the worst of the series (while still really good imo) but thats mostly because it was based on the two worst books. a feast for crows isn't bad, it's just that it feels more like a companion piece to a dance for dragons than a stand alone. (I actually listened to both audio books at the same time. well i started aDwD about a third to midway through aFfC, and finished it later, but because of the time lines that actually seemed to flow better anyway) I like the over all story of a dance with dragons, but it's such a mess. I support most of the changes they made for the show. even though a certain prince would have been interesting to see.

Ill take Dan and Daves word over some greedy wishful exec. Dan and Dave want 7 season and maybe an 8th season. HBO been pushing for 10 seasons for a while now. So hopefully Dan and Dave tell them to **** off once again. Anything more than 8 seasons is a cash grab and not good for the story. They are too far along to stall the story too much and the last thing we need is more filler. HBO need to just accept it and get over it.

And if Dan and Dave refuse to go beyond 8 and HBO hires someone else to do a season 9 &10 Ill be furious.

i really don't like the idea of them trying to pack so much into 7 seasons, and then going the prequel approach to bobby's rebellion. the **** does this guy think he is? peter jackson?

Well HBO is the boss so it doesn't matter what DD want, they can be replaced.

They'll do what other HBO shows often do split the last season in 2.

So the 7th season will be over 2 years.

Ill take Dan and Daves word over some greedy wishful exec. Dan and Dave want 7 season and maybe an 8th season. HBO been pushing for 10 seasons for a while now. So hopefully Dan and Dave tell them to **** off once again. Anything more than 8 seasons is a cash grab and not good for the story. They are too far along to stall the story too much and the last thing we need is more filler. HBO need to just accept it and get over it.

And if Dan and Dave refuse to go beyond 8 and HBO hires someone else to do a season 9 &10 Ill be furious.

When Dave and Dan sat down with GRRM to convince him about the show, and then later on HBO, they pitched 80 hours of television, 8 seasons. They've said 8 seasons for a good long time, so it's the original plan, the original goal. To me that feels like the right length.

Last edited:
It keeps the long night from feeling rushed and will give them time to develop the White Walkers.

8 seasons was the original goal, then it went down to 7. I have always thought they'd compromise and make it 8, or a doubled sized 7th seasons cut in half.

Might not be a bad idea. Maybe they can bring someone in who won't make needless alterations to the storyline for shock value.

8 seasons was the original goal, then it went down to 7. I have always thought they'd compromise and make it 8, or a doubled sized 7th seasons cut in half.

It's funny, because they were mainly saying 7 during the airing of season 4, which was while they were doing preproduction of season 5...well the results speak for themselves. Going back to square one might be for the best for their writing, giving themselves breathing room and not just rushing from one shocking moment to the next.

It's funny, because they were mainly saying 7 during the airing of season 4, which was while they were doing preproduction of season 5...well the results speak for themselves. Going back to square one might be for the best for their writing, giving themselves breathing room and not just rushing from one shocking moment to the next.
I agree it could very well help. Though I don't think the problem was time this season. It was how they used it.

I agree it could very well help. Though I don't think the problem was time this season. It was how they used it.

This was very apparent with the Dornish plot. There were major events happening in the North, King's Landing, Meereen...and Dorne was essentially Bronn/Jaime make a joke or get into a fight.

Ian Mother****ing McShane!

Edit

Last edited:
Ian ****ing McShane ****ing Ian ****ing McShane?!?

Last edited:
Ian ****ing McShane ****ing Ian ****ing McShane?!?

He won't last... it's a small role

yea like 16 years small

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"