Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also seen theories that
Rikon and Osha might be the ones, but I think it is more like Tormond maybe Osha as well. I can't think of anyone else who it could be.

[blackout] Rickon [/blackout] is definitely involved in the Battle of the Bastards in some shape or form. He may even be on the chopping block if the report that

Ramsay kills one of the Starks this year
is anything to go by. I'm not so sure he'd be the one to bite it, but I could easily see Ramsay doing one last horrific thing before getting killed in turn.

Reek said:
I'm 99.9999999999% sure it wont involve ghost as a sacrifice lol. what sense is in that.

Roose seems to die mid season IMO.

Well we've seen blood magic require a sacrifice back in season one when Mirri Maz Duur sacrificed Drogo's horse and Dany's unborn child. But she didnt have the Lord of Light on her side so Drogo came back without any sort of soul. Thoros just asked the God of Light to resurrect Beric and it worked but Berric had to entirely sacrifice himself to raise LS. In the case of Jon I dont think it will be a simple matter of asking the Lord of Light nicely. Im suspecting its going to require a sacrifice of life and a lot of juice. So possibly Ghost, which would probably be a powerful sacrifice considering the way he is linked to Jon and the magic of the Direwolves, and maybe even some of the traitors will be sacrificed.

Eh, I think it is a terrible idea to use ghost as a sacrifice to bring Jon back. you'd think it would be a little harder than that.. but knowing D&D they will say some ******** like "Jons souls is in ghost, the only way to free it is by sacrifice!" blah blah blah ...

They should make it much more interesting than that... Ghost NOT on the battlefield with Jon... come on that is utter ****.

I've always wondered if they'd somehow work Bloodraven into it. Given the flashbacks he shows Bran, one would think he's aware of the shared heritage he and Jon have.

Bran and the Night's King have some really similar facial features. Anyone else see the similarities, or is it just me?

I would prefer that shot of Mel bearing her breast is the Nissa-Nissa sacrifice to revive Azor Ahai.

Ghost should not be a sufficient sacrifice to bring Jon back from the dead. Plus I don't want to see him sacrificed, lol.

not to mention ghost is about as prominent as a random squirrel :funny:

Well we've seen blood magic require a sacrifice back in season one when Mirri Maz Duur sacrificed Drogo's horse and Dany's unborn child. But she didnt have the Lord of Light on her side so Drogo came back without any sort of soul.

Correction, Daenerys messed up the spell because she entered the tent. They we're all clearly instructed not to interrupt her in any means.

Bran and the Night's King have some really similar facial features. Anyone else see the similarities, or is it just me?

I would prefer that shot of Mel bearing her breast is the Nissa-Nissa sacrifice to revive Azor Ahai.

The show still hasn't established myths like Azor Ahai and I don't think it will.

So what was everyones' favorite part about the trailer? Seems to be the North with Jon Snow, but for me it was Robert Strong!

Last edited:
My favorite part was that it had ZERO Dany dialogue

Jaime/Cersei scenes, surprisingly. Runner up is Euron on the rope bridge and what's presumably Silence at sea.

Definitely the Euron/Ironborn shots for me, even if I am absolutely baffled as to why a character named for his eyepatch doesn't have an eyepatch...

the scenery in general was great to me... even the cgi in parts like the martell ship arriving at kings landing... just good to see KL like that etc

well... i guess this could be right instead of me thinking Davos and the crew are protecting the body from the others beating at the door...

"Finally, by the still-lifeless body of Jon Snow, Davos grabs Longclaw and says, “I’ve never been much of a fighter. Apologies for what you’re about to see.” He unsheathes it as two brothers of the Night’s Watch advance towards him. It certainly looks like he plans to steal Jon Snow’s body."

It gives Ghost something to do.

I doubt he is trying to steal Jon's body. What is he going to do? Sneak off with Jon thrown over his shoulder? Even if he could get a horse he'd never get away. Most likely him and Mel are wanting to do something with Jon's body and they are about to do whatever that is when those Night's Watch ****ers barge in and tell them to stop whatever they are doing. Davos is having none of that BS and draws Longclaw and fights them.

An analysis I saw speculated that a variation of the pink letter reached the Wall, demanding Jon's body as evidence that he's dead. I more like Marvolo's explanation. Mel's strange religion scaring the Night's Watch into trying to stop whatever she and Davos are doing with Jon's corpse.

The costs of moving a full body is absurd, if Ramsay wanted evidence, a head would suffice.

I can't wait for dear Cersei to sit on her throne and rule The Seven Kingdoms. F*#k everyone else. Just kill them all already Cersei.

An analysis I saw speculated that a variation of the pink letter reached the Wall, demanding Jon's body as evidence that he's dead. I more like Marvolo's explanation. Mel's strange religion scaring the Night's Watch into trying to stop whatever she and Davos are doing with Jon's corpse.

It might be a mixture of both these things.

Davos and Mel are trying ro resurrect or protect Jon's body, and Alliser and his people are trying to chop Jon's head off to send to Roose. So the traitors barge in to retrieve Jon's head and all hell breaks loose.

Ghost should not be a sufficient sacrifice to bring Jon back from the dead. Plus I don't want to see him sacrificed, lol.
In the books, he is the perfect sacrifice. On the show, he doesn't even exist. :csad:

He is apologizing for being a bad fighter and that they have to witness him being a bad fighter.

Jon's body is left alone in the snow. It is in the trailer... which i feel like some one you didn't actually watch.

Mel is probably distracting Alliser, yes.
I have watched it multiple times. :funny:

My point is why do they end up with Jon's body. Yes, it is left in the snow, but we are now to assume the first people awake are Davos and/or Mel, and they decide to hide the body? Why?

I would think what would happen is that the Watch take the body, Mel and Davos find out he is dead, Mel gets a vision and then tells Davos they need Jon.

Mel is seeming to have a crisis of faith in the trailer. Perhaps the visions of Jon change that and she is finally able to work her resurrection magic.

Uv6GLZ4.jpg

I doubt he is trying to steal Jon's body. What is he going to do? Sneak off with Jon thrown over his shoulder? Even if he could get a horse he'd never get away. Most likely him and Mel are wanting to do something with Jon's body and they are about to do whatever that is when those Night's Watch ****ers barge in and tell them to stop whatever they are doing. Davos is having none of that BS and draws Longclaw and fights them.

I actually think the NW men in the room with Davos are Jon loyalists and they're preparing for Thorne and the others to break through and fight them. Ghost doesn't look to be in aggressive position for those men in the room to want to kill Davos. Either way, it's gonna be badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"