Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was longclaw.... and Davos says hes not a fighting man, so sorry you have to see this... insinuating he is about to fight... not cut off a dead corpse head... good lord lol

If the flayed and burning person is who I suspect it is
STANNIS
, I am going to need a drink or two before watching the episode. It was painful enough seeing them killed, especially by a character whose importance has become elevated to a comic level, but seeing them like that...yeah. Here's to hoping the books take a turn, and have that character die in a heroic fashion, instead of like an idiot. D&D have done miraculous work with a lot of the characters (Bronn, Tyrion) but with said character, they dropped the ball...which is not surprising, considering how they have said on record numerous times how many time they hate him.

Reek, I think you are right about Davos protecting Jon's body. Alliser and his band of traitors are probably trying to get the body so they can burn it. Mel needs the body the bring Jon back.

I hope Mel brings Jon back while Davos and some others are fighting Alliser and his men off. And I hope Alliser ****s his pants when it happens.

I wonder if Jon will cut the traitors heads off or just let Mel burn them? Castrated, drawn, and quartered wouldnt be a bad idea either. :twisted:

Edit: Is anyone else unable to quote posts? Ive tried quoting posts in the desktop and mobile version on Chrome and Firefox and it isnt working. When I hit quote on the desktop version or reply in the mobile version an empty new post box shows up without the quote. This just started happening a minute ago.

Last edited:
Yeah the whole hype is going crazy at the moment.

Personally I don't think the body being burned is Stannis. The reports were that Ramsay flays and burns two well known characters and displays them outside Winterfell for psychological warfare against Jon and the Wildlings. The Wildlings hated Stannis and Northmen weren't ever shown as being sympathetic to his cause so the mutilation of his corpse is meaningless.

Yeah the whole hype is going crazy at the moment.

Personally I don't think the body being burned is Stannis. The reports were that Ramsay flays and burns two well known characters and displays them outside Winterfell for psychological warfare against Jon and the Wildlings. The Wildlings hated Stannis and Northmen weren't ever shown as being sympathetic to his cause so the mutilation of his corpse is meaningless.

I find that comforting...however, I am drawing a blank as to the two well known characters.
Since the Rattleshirt business is not happening, that jettisons that particular source of the scene from the book. Who else in Bolton-occupied Winterfell is well known? It appears Theon and Sansa escaped.

I find that comforting...however, I am drawing a blank as to the two well known characters.
Since the Rattleshirt business is not happening, that jettisons that particular source of the scene from the book. Who else in Bolton-occupied Winterfell is well known? It appears Theon and Sansa escaped.

Well there were a theories thrown around, but one of the individuals that kept coming up (but probably isn't the body in that shot) was
Tormund, presumably after getting captured at some point just prior to the big conflict.

In terms of destroying enemy morale, I can see that one making a certain amount of sense and it kind of jives with where Mance is at in the books right now. But we'll see what happens.

If the flayed and burning person is who I suspect it is
STANNIS
, I am going to need a drink or two before watching the episode. It was painful enough seeing them killed, especially by a character whose importance has become elevated to a comic level, but seeing them like that...yeah. Here's to hoping the books take a turn, and have that character die in a heroic fashion, instead of like an idiot. D&D have done miraculous work with a lot of the characters (Bronn, Tyrion) but with said character, they dropped the ball...which is not surprising, considering how they have said on record numerous times how many time they hate him.

Guys... for the last time... Stannis doesn't have a head anymore. lol.

and as Roose just said...

adding to it... there is a scene where Tormund is surrounded by bolton men.

Reek, I think you are right about Davos protecting Jon's body. Alliser and his band of traitors are probably trying to get the body so they can burn it. Mel needs the body the bring Jon back.

I hope Mel brings Jon back while Davos and some others are fighting Alliser and his men off. And I hope Alliser ****s his pants when it happens.

I wonder if Jon will cut the traitors heads off or just let Mel burn them? Castrated, drawn, and quartered wouldnt be a bad idea either. :twisted:

Edit: Is anyone else unable to quote posts? Ive tried quoting posts in the desktop and mobile version on Chrome and Firefox and it isnt working. When I hit quote on the desktop version or reply in the mobile version an empty new post box shows up without the quote. This just started happening a minute ago.

Theres a scene of the NW's trying to break into a door.. .probably where Davos and Jon are.

As for Jon and the traitors... i hope he goes through them like Maximus does that one fight in Gladiator... taking out like 6 people in a row.

Last edited:
It was longclaw.... and Davos says hes not a fighting man, so sorry you have to see this... insinuating he is about to fight... not cut off a dead corpse head... good lord lol
I think you are probably right. Though I am not sure why he is apologizing for fighting. Cutting off Jon's head would be something gross to apologize for.

I am now super curious how they handle Jon's body. How Davos and potentially Mel end up in control of it.

Also who is Mel getting naked for this time. Perhaps the best distraction ever?

I dont recall Longclaw having a scabbard like that.
IT has the pommel. That is what really matters.

I wonder how Mel figuess out she needs the body. I always assumed the burning of the body would be what brings her attention to Jon. Maybe instead it involves Ghost.

Last edited:
You weren't going to change my views and I wasn't going to change yours, so why continue? The conversation was going nowhere. It's still going nowhere. Right now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing and I really don't care enough about the matter to continue. Iif you want to keep going with it then that's your prerogative, but I think you need to accept that my opinion differs from your own and move on.
What are you talking about? Are you reading the post you are replying to? I accept your opinion differs from mine. What I don't understand is that I responded to a post you made to me, and then you went into this mode. For what reason? When did I not accept that your point is different? What I am asking now is why are you acting like I started treating your opinion as wrong. You completely changed the narrative, for a reason I do not understand.

I think you are probably right. Though I am not sure why he is apologizing for fighting. Cutting off Jon's head would be something gross to apologize for.

I am now super curious how they handle Jon's body. How Davos and potentially Mel end up in control of it.

Also who is Mel getting naked for this time. Perhaps the best distraction ever?

He is apologizing for being a bad fighter and that they have to witness him being a bad fighter.

Jon's body is left alone in the snow. It is in the trailer... which i feel like some one you didn't actually watch.

Mel is probably distracting Alliser, yes.

tumblr_o3qnmeX50T1qfe816o2_500.gif

Even Maisie looks like she doesn't care anymore.

What are you talking about? Are you reading the post you are replying to? I accept your opinion differs from mine. What I don't understand is that I responded to a post you made to me, and then you went into this mode. For what reason? When did I not accept that your point is different? What I am asking now is why are you acting like I started treating your opinion as wrong. You completely changed the narrative, for a reason I do not understand.

I told you my opinion, I gave you my views on why I didn't like what Kit and Maisie were saying. Hours passed, we got a freaking trailer and a boatload of new footage. After your response I told you right away that I wasn't interested in continuing that line of conversation. And I'm not, not because of anything in your post. You didn't say my opinion was wrong, (not that I'd be overly concerned if you did) and you didn't insult me, but I quite simply have no desire to get into what is basically a trivial matter in light of the new trailer and a thousand more interesting questions that came with it. I'd rather hear what your thoughts were about what was going on in the trailer than a what you thought of my opinion on lying vs sins of omission.

I think Melisandre is seducing Ollie.

#TeamOlliandre

If the Wall is destroyed, I hope Ollie is devoured by an ice-spider.

Well there were a theories thrown around, but one of the individuals that kept coming up (but probably isn't the body in that shot) was
Tormund, presumably after getting captured at some point just prior to the big conflict.

In terms of destroying enemy morale, I can see that one making a certain amount of sense and it kind of jives with where Mance is at in the books right now. But we'll see what happens.

I have also seen theories that
Rikon and Osha might be the ones, but I think it is more like Tormond maybe Osha as well. I can't think of anyone else who it could be.

My bet is on Tormund and a fake Sansa... uniting both the North and the Wildings

IT has the pommel. That is what really matters.

I wonder how Mel figuess out she needs the body. I always assumed the burning of the body would be what brings her attention to Jon. Maybe instead it involves Ghost.

If Ghost has to be sacrificed itd be fitting that he give his life to resurrect Jon but itd be sad as ****.:( I have a feeling thats what will be required. Similar to Mirri Maz Durr sacrificing Drogo's horse.

On another note, I hope Jon or someone flays both Roose and/or Ramsay. See how they like a taste of their own medicine. Wun wun ripping Ramsay apart would be pretty satisfying too. Ramsay would piss himself if he crossed paths with Wun Wun on a battlefield.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"