Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to
Roose being killed by Ramsay, I don't think the concept and Ramsay's portrayal in the scene is bad at all. The only issue is the show's Roose being stupid enough to allow Ramsay to hug him while still armed. Book!Roose comes off as the most properly paranoid evil overlord in all of literature, what with even being smart enough to only eat dishes eaten by Wyman Manderly even when the fat man's going as hard as possible for sycophant.

I feel the show wanted to emphasize Ramsay as Jon's complete opposite, so making him the sole Bolton opponent served that, and considering we're about to get a reuniting if Jon with his Stark loyalties, contrasting that with Ramsay going full traitor and kinslayer works best.

Thats exactly my problem... Roose in the books would just laugh at any attempt of anything Ramsay did without his knowledge or approval.

So regarding this:

Does this mean that battle description from an extra on how a certain battle at Winterfell is going down is accurate?

I wonder how [BLACKOUT]Jon[/BLACKOUT] will feel about the Lord of Light now? Will he acknowledge R'hllor, believe in him, honor him, thank him, or just chalk it up to strange magic and not think about it at all?

I don't know how this changed the battle for winterfell

[blackout] they say Rickon gets killed by arrows right in front of jon... but then there is also a flayed child on an X that is on fire in the same episode... Unless it's Ollie or something... not sure how much faith we can have in those spoilers[/blackout]

I wonder if
in death Jon encountered the Heart of Ice or Heart of Fire. More book-related since the show hasn't specifically referenced them. I'd imagine Jon may have had a brush with whatever it is that Melisandre's religion calls the god of darkness and death.

I wonder how [BLACKOUT]Jon[/BLACKOUT] will feel about the Lord of Light now? Will he acknowledge R'hllor, believe in him, honor him, thank him, or just chalk it up to strange magic and not think about it at all?

"Doesn't matter, had sex."

No idea. I don't think he will act like Stannis about it if he does... I'd prefer he just kept the old gods and worried about other matters.

Can't wait to see the look on Thorne's and Ollie's faces.

Might just be me, but I have a hard time hating Ollie. Kid saw his parents butchered by wildlings. I can't blame him for the way he's acted.

Killing his mentor? yea hes a ****er.

Anyways, Marvolo is going to kill me... but...

[BLACKOUT]Davos once again had no reason to protect the body... UNTIL he mentioned resurrection to Mel... Why not have that dialogue in the first scene with her in ep 1? Giving them a real reason to be protecting the body and risking their lives?

All that would happen to the body is the NW burning it... which Tormund even said he was going to do himself. So ... no reason to protect it until the res mention.[/BLACKOUT]

and before you say it, Marv... they don't need to preserve Jon's body in order to retake the nights watch. And no... Tormund did not need proof, as seen.

Might just be me, but I have a hard time hating Ollie. Kid saw his parents butchered by wildlings. I can't blame him for the way he's acted.
Being an irrational little **** who then murders the best man on Earth? I blame him more then most.

and before you say it, Marv... they don't need to preserve Jon's body in order to retake the nights watch. And no... Tormund did not need proof, as seen.

I wasn't going to say that. I still think him preserving it made sense even before the resurrection was mentioned. I thought he was doing it because he wanted to give Jon a respectful send off rather than leaving him in the snow for Thorne.

But now we know he was thinking about resurrection from the start. However if does raise the question why he didn't mention it when he saw Mel in Episode 1, but I guess he wanted to deal with the Thorne situation first before he broached the subject with Mel. The Onion Knight works in mysterious ways.:o

The proper send off is burning him though... The Watch would have burned him... everyone, even Alliser, respected Jon. There was no sign of like necrophilia or anything lol ... Tormund even says lets burn him.

...well... Ollie may have done some messed up things...

But no one else...

Just Ollie...

just..... Ollie..

The proper send off is burning him though... The Watch would have burned him... everyone, even Alliser, respected Jon. There was no sign of like necrophilia or anything lol ... Tormund even says lets burn him.
Exactly. It will always be nonsensical.

By the way, did the spoilers turn out to be true. It is only just starting for me over here.

Well, he is a child. He did something truly horrible and is undeserving of forgiveness but the bloodlust many have for him I still find disturbing.

I think it's kind of ****ed up to allow the people that betrayed and murdered Jon to burn him. Seems disrespectful to me. It essentially a funeral when you put someone on a pyre. The murderers shouldn't be the ones handling the funeral of the person they killed. They don't deserve to be there.

If someone you know or respect was murdered would you want the murderer at the funeral? I wouldn't. But once they were in the room they couldn't light a pyre and they couldn't go back outside and do it without Thorne slaughtering them. They were in a sticky wicket.

But all this is moot because apparently his reasoning for doing it was that he wanted to get Mel to try to resurrect Jon. Davos wanted to resurrect him and D&D decided to not outright reveal that in the first hour of the season. I can see how it would seem contrived last week, but now that we know his reasoning, and Davos has come out and said it, it shouldn't seem contrived anymore to anyone. He saved Jon's body so that it could hopefully be resurrected. That's a good reason to protect Jon's body.

This show's seasons have always worked best when viewed with as few breaks as possible.

Last edited:
we should take over the show.

Ollie wasn't ready to let go of his hatred. Has everyone forgotten what the Wildlings did to his family?

So in the past three episodes we've had three "shocking" [BLACKOUT]murders of lords from their relatives... I don't know about you but stuff like this makes the show a parody of itself. GRRM is better at killing people than this. I didn't necessarily mind Euron killing Balon (better than just showing a guy falling off a bridge I suppose) but Ramsay killing mother****ing Roose Bolton was infuriating. Not because he did a hateful thing but because it was bad writing. And Dorne... yeesh guys. I could not be more apathetic. Just go away.

And no Dany was nice. Also as predictable as that ending was, it's good to have Jon back. [/BLACKOUT]

I don't know I told myself I wouldn't watch this show again, but after this I think I got my fill. I'm just waiting for the book now because this show has wasted its potential from spectacular books. Yet it's so ****ing hard to have the strength when Martin takes a whole childhood writing them.

So in the past three episodes we've had three "shocking" murders of lords from their relatives... I don't know about you but stuff like this makes the show a parody of itself. GRRM is better at killing people than this. I didn't necessarily mind Euron killing Balon (better than just showing a guy falling off a bridge I suppose) but Ramsay killing mother****ing Roose Bolton was infuriating. Not because he did a hateful thing but because it was bad writing. And Dorne... yeesh guys. I could not be more apathetic. Just go away.

And no Dany was nice. Also as predictable as that ending was, it's good to have Jon back.

I don't know I told myself I wouldn't watch this show again, but after this I think I got my fill. I'm just waiting for the book now because this show has wasted its potential from spectacular books. Yet it's so ****ing hard to have the strength when Martin takes a whole childhood writing these books.

123436-Littlefinger-quote-everybody-d-6HhJ.png

But not when it's poorly executed. It's not like the writers don't have control over how these fictional characters die.

If Martin did kill Bolton like this then I'll be disappointed. But I'm heavily sensing this was the work of D&D. Christ... these two need to be replaced but it's too damn late because no one's going to tell them different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"