General Election 2020: Biden vs Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, though, since Abrams isn't interested apparently in either of those Senate seats, it might be most valuable to have her running. Enthusiasm for her could then help the races down-ballot in Georgia.

The option I've seen mentioned that I haven't seen here yet is Tammy Duckworth.

I like her running an organization to fight whatever bull**** Kemp is going to throw at GA to steal more elections.

Get the third party/independent candidate vote counts down, hold the blues, win the lighter red states at least, especially MI-PA-WI (46 EVs) to get >269EVs as long as electors stick to the will of their state instead of substituting their own judgement which some of them did in 2016.

jlUCMf3.png

Shocked Biden is winning this poll.

Anything can happen between now until November, but the path we’re on right now is four more years of Trump.

There should've been a way to change one's vote in this poll, particularly as it gets nearer the time.

Last edited:
The Trump people will vote in droves, virus or not.

Anything can happen between now until November, but the path we’re on right now is four more years of Trump.

How? I mean, between the pandemic where he can't get a significant popularity boost because he is a narcissistic moron and the economy facing worse numbers than seen in 2008, I have no clue what makes you think we are heading to 4 more years of Trump.

The Trump people will vote in droves, virus or not.
That's one of my biggest worries. Let's say I haven't caught it and developed my own antibodies by election season, and then there's a 2nd or 3rd outbreak. Well, as much as I'll hate it, I'm going to be very very very hesitant to go out and vote. My creationist aunt will have zero hesitation.

How can you possibly say that when the economy is heading toward a major recession caused in part by a pandemic that has been exacerbated by his incompetence? Don’t get me wrong, it’s still possible for him to win but I just think it’s a little too early to prognosticate definitively who will win. It can go either way.

Last edited:
Didn't most people assume Hillary was going to win back in 2016?
To be fair, Hilary didn’t have the advantage of being an incumbent that Trump has, and Trump’s base is still more animated than her base was. Of course, that still doesn’t guarantee Trump won’t lose come November but I think still has a few things going for him in comparison to Hilary’s campaign.

This election is a referendum on the incumbent, unlike the elections of 2008 and 2016. Though the fatigue of one party controlling the office for 8 years had set in in both of those cases (51% down to 46% for Republicans from 2004 to 2008, 51% down to 48% for Democrats from 2012 to 2016). The Democratic presidential candidate has led the popular vote in 6 out of the past 7 elections, and led the electoral vote in 4 out of the past 7 elections.

2iZ4XPh.png

6XzIaLS.png

o6SVzps.png

(>50% needed to win)

Last edited:
They're going to wait for the best possible moment to endorse Biden, maybe at the Democratic convention in August?
That would be a great time to do it. :up:

So who do you think Biden will nominate as his running partner? Because if he could somehow get Elizabeth Warren he could pick up a lot of those disafffected Bernie voters plus there’s never been a woman VP (as far as I’m aware?) so it’s a start

I want Warren but I don’t want her Senate seat to go to the right so I really don’t know what to feel. Harris has too much baggage and AOC still needs time to grow (if she continues in her current path, she’s headed for politics stardom imo). Duckworth would be good. Abrams is not bad either. I don’t mind Kulbochar but she’s not exciting enough. I feel that Whitmer is at least Top 3 in their choices.

It would drive Trump nuts. Especially since the GOP convention is the following week.
Perfect! He thought Obama was just a retired punching bag now who he could insult at will and no longer proved a threat.

Obama is long past due to be going on the offensive against Trump. He's basically sat out the entire first term, surfacing last fall to warn Democrats of the dangers of actually being leftists. The sooner he becomes an active participant, the better. He still wields enormous political power. Swing that sword, dude. And swing it RIGHT.

I'm shocked at this. I thought Bernie was holding his own. People actually want Biden?

I'm shocked at this. I thought Bernie was holding his own. People actually want Biden?
From what I understand, they like Bernie's policies... Not him. They think of him as a sexist, possibly racist, radical who wants to destroy the Democratic party. Not ya know someone who's devoted his entire career to helping the working class of this country.

From what I understand, they like Bernie's policies... Not him. They think of him as a sexist, possibly racist, radical who wants to destroy the Democratic party. Not ya know someone who's devoted his entire career to helping the working class of this country.

I admit that I don't know much about the sexist and racist issues on Bernie's end. I know that Biden is creepy af around young girls.

The last thing I read was about someone being sexually harassed but I can't remember if that was Bernie or Biden's camp.

I admit that I don't know much about the sexist and racist issues on Bernie's end. I know that Biden is creepy af around young girls.

The last thing I read was about someone being sexually harassed but I can't remember if that was Bernie or Biden's camp.
It's mostly smears by the Clinton campaign that stuck. I'm not sure why people view Bernie as a racist nor sexist other than he helped in preventing the first female president. A stigma he will never live down even if he tried getting President Warren to happen in 2016.

The sexist and racist charges against Bernie are basically utterly without merit.

Biden is unequivocally a creep, possibly worse, and been monstrously wrong early in his career on race issues (but gets a pass now, because Obama).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"