Solo General News/Discussion Thread-Solo: A Star Wars Story. - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you think of him

Not very much to go off of yet honestly. I haven’t seen the film yet so I can’t just go straight to saying he’s terrible in the role. I actually have to see his full performance first before I can decide.

Enjoyed that ad for what it is, but there's not much else to base it on. It looks good, and Glover looks well cast too. Han Solo's lack of dialogue is discouraging, but I hope that just means they're holding things off.

I have no horse in this race. I love the SW franchise and have no problem with Alden as Han. However, I don't get some people saying he looks nothing like Solo, while Glover looks great as Lando. How does Glover look any more like Lando than Alden as Solo?

1nxon5.jpg

I think realistically people LIKE Donald Glover more than they like Alden Erenehrenrheich, so they automatically think his Lando is going to be great.

Just give the dude a chance.

Alden looks like Han, he just doesn’t sound like Han...

I thought the TV Spot was ok and this Teaser is fine. Gave me vibes of Blade Runner and Rogue one. RO for me is still be best of the new SW movies so i kind of liked seeing that style again.

Yes, absolutely

How's that? Visuals make up half of what a film is.

No, visuals are definitely inferior to script, acting, directing, etc, in my view. Great visuals is a bonus, not something that is enough to make a bad movie good.

This trailer rather points towards all those rumours about Alden being true. Can’t help thinking that if he had nailed a Harrison Ford impression (which is what this character needs as Ford IS Han Solo) then they would have had him front and centre.

I found the trailer intriguing. Definitely like the look of it all. Definitely want to see more now.

I don't know man, I thought it looked kinda bad. Aesthetically, I think the world looks fine. Closer to a Rouge One look/feel. But other than that, I think it looked bad. It doesn't even look, sound or feel like Han Solo to me. His mannerisms are off, and his voice sounds nothing like Han.

I dunno, whatever....

This trailer rather points towards all those rumours about Alden being true. Can’t help thinking that if he had nailed a Harrison Ford impression (which is what this character needs as Ford IS Han Solo) then they would have had him front and centre.
That's a good point. You would think the trailer would feature the title character if possible. Disney are no dummies so there's probably a reason to keep Alden out of the spotlight.

Everything in the trailer for this Solo movie looks good...Except for bloody Han Solo! I suppose this was to be expected.

Trailer was awesome.
Really loved the visuals and Alden seems fine from what’s there. Hard to tell.
Im seeing a lot of strong negative reactions about his performance and there’s really nothing to base them on :funny:

No, visuals are definitely inferior to script, acting, directing, etc, in my view. Great visuals is a bonus, not something that is enough to make a bad movie good.

That's a strange delineation to make. Film is a visual medium. Having great cinematography may not make a bad script good or turn a poor performance into a great one, but it's by no means a small thing if the movie is poorly realized visually. It's one of the most important fundamentals of filmmaking, if not the most. It is, after all, what you do with a movie. You watch it.

Last edited:
That's a good point. You would think the trailer would feature the title character if possible. Disney are no dummies so there's probably a reason to keep Alden out of the spotlight.
He is front and center in the trailer. :funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"