Solo General News/Discussion Thread-Solo: A Star Wars Story. - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_p79wzvsgcf1x8krx6o1_1280.jpg

Wonder if we'll get an explanation for the scars.

Admittedly initially thought... 'hmm wonder if they'll say he got those escaping a sarlac'.

Either that or it plays into the story somehow. Haven't read too much about this one.

Is that in the dock scene where Emilia Clarke is with him?

This is really looking better with each piece of new footage, some great shots in there!

Mandalorian armor! :hmm

Wonder if we'll get an explanation for the scars.

Admittedly initially thought... 'hmm wonder if they'll say he got those escaping a sarlac'.

Either that or it plays into the story somehow. Haven't read too much about this one.

I knows it's very very unlikely but maybe he is actually Boba Fett and he changed his appearance sometime after the Clone Wars. That technology is canon. During the Clone Wars, Obi used a machine to alter his face so that he could infiltrate a group of mercs.

Even if he isnt Boba, I would love for Boba to make an appearance and for this film to show the first time Boba and Han crossed paths.

Also that Mando armor must be ancient. The body armor is designed like traditional edo period samurai armor. Modern mando armor uses sections of steel plate over a fabric body suit.

My money is on this character being a mandolorian and that is his family armor that was handed down to him from his ancestors.

Last edited:
I knows it's very very unlikely but maybe he is actually Boba Fett and he changed his appearance sometime after the Clone Wars. That technology is canon. During the Clone Wars, Obi used a machine to alter his face so that he could infiltrate a group of mercs.

Even if he isnt Boba, I would love for Boba to make an appearance and for this film to show the first time Boba and Han crossed paths.

Also that Mando armor must be ancient. The body armor is designed like traditional edo period samurai armor. Modern mando armor uses sections of steel plate over a fabric body suit.

My money is on this character being a mandolorian and that is his family armor that was handed down to him from his ancestors.

Agreed it looks older. Though with the red... gotta just throw this out there. The Maul loyalists wore red armor in TCW... but who knows.

Dont really get the hype for the second trailer. For me it was just ok. The first trailer is one of the best trailer I've ever seen. I had watched it once a day for 1.5 month and it's not even an exaggeration.

It seems that the film is getting out of skeptical opinions from the audiences. Now everyone is incredibly hyped for this.

My only concern is Alden's Han. Based on the first 2 trailer, he cant act. But I think he did ok in the TV Spot.

I'm really curious about why they didnt cast Anthony Ingruber. Yeah I know that impersonating is not acting but for feck sake, he not only looks like Harrison Ford, he sounds nearly identical to Ford. I mean he's almost like a replicant from Harrison Ford.

Are Jabba and Greedo confirmed for this? I assume they will at least have a cameo.

I’m not gonna bother getting excited for anything to come out of that. This looks exactly like the thing they put out to create a buzz and you barely even catch a glimpse of it in the movie. Then people who defend the movie can use the argument that “you shouldn’t have had theories” nonsense.

I’m not gonna bother getting excited for anything to come out of that. This looks exactly like the thing they put out to create a buzz and you barely even catch a glimpse of it in the movie. Then people who defend the movie can use the argument that “you shouldn’t have had theories” nonsense.
Its a prop in his collection. What do you expect from it?

Last edited:
Doubt the armor means anything, it's probably just a "this guy's a badass" mechanic, illustrating he has resources and his group's taken down a Mandalorian (or poser wannabe Mandalorian like Jango/Boba) along the way.

Really, really loving all the new footage though, maybe even these spots more than the trailers. Looks like a blast, even with all the modern bells & whistles this is oozing classic Lucasfilm.

Liking these newer Han/Chewie and Han/Lando moments, too, feel a lot more right. And that disapproving sound Chewie makes at the gambling table is awesomeness. :woot:

But damn, Howard was the right call for this for sure. What we're seeing from this so far really does "feel" like a Howard/Kasdan collaboration tonally, seriously doubt the Lord & Miller version would be up to this stanard.

I think we already heard that Dryden Vos is a collector. So that Mandalorian armor is probably just another trinket for his collection. It could be hundreds of years old though.

Last edited:
Him being a collector is interesting. Perhaps what the crew is stealing isn't money. Its an artifact.

Looks like they've gotten over their issue with having Han holding a gun in the promotional images.

So have all the posters except for some for Brazil.

Him being a collector is interesting. Perhaps what the crew is stealing isn't money. Its an artifact.

Hmm... Yeah that sounds like a good bet.

If so... What's guesses on what it could be? We got Mando armor.... The Darksaber?

Ooh... What if it's an individual? Lobot?

Didn't get a pic but I saw a giant standee of Lando in Target today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"