God of War God of War: Ragnarök

I wouldn't mind seeing another side to Thor rather than some psychopath. Considering the kid is meant to be Loki and Kratos is prophesied to die, I wouldn't mind playing as both Thor and Loki and at least have some sort of aherance to Loki being Thor's adopted brother in these games.
We don't know if Kratos is prophesized to die. I don't think we know what the mural actually showed. I get the implication, but I think it is a fake out. What I expect to happen is at the end of God of War 2, everyone is going back in time to live out the creation of the situation we are in, in the first game. Kratos as Tyr, Loki having his kids and living with the Aseir or "becoming" Freya's adopted kid, etc. We still don't know who was using the bridge randomly in the middle of the first game. We will find out I guess.

My only issue is the 2021 tease was obvious BS, and I hate that they put it out there in the first place.
I'm wondering if Sony wanted them to announce the 2021 date as a way of saying "Better buy your PS5s now before the next God of War game comes out, kids!". As if the console itself needed any help in that department. :o

In a game called God of War where God's are supposed to be the villains, they had to find some way to make the Asgardians into not nice people, so we can have fun beating the crap out of them with Kratos.

I cant wait to see a villainous Thor and Odin personally, especially after years of seeing them depicted as heroes in various media.
Yeah, it makes for an interesting contrast. I’m open to them doing what they want with it.

I couldn’t sleep last night at all, but on the plus side I watched the “movie” versions (cut scenes and character building in-game moments) of all the games in this franchise. Reminds me why it’s one of my all time favourite game series.

No news, but I found a great fan made trailer for the first game.

Especially after what happened to Cyberpunk, Anthem and I guess Avengers as well.

I think studios are more conscious now about not launching a buggy game.
Yeah, I think Cyberpunk is the example that might actually change the thinking of some decision makers. In the other cases the games weren't ever destined to be that great anyway but with CP they have lost an absolute ton of sales against what the game could have achieved had they waited to deliver on all the promise (and if the game... worked).

I never understood why Cyper punk was hyped to begging with and I also think people are over reacting to how that game has effected other games and delays and such. I think its more about covid and work from how and how that has slowed down game development and made it harder to really have a idea of a time table on things. Like Horizon I still think will be next year but I am nervous about it being pushed to early 2022. I think people dont like having games delayed and rather wait longer to get a date then getting a date and then having it be delayed. Dalayes look bad and I think people get annoyed with them even more because this last year its like ever thing has gotten pushed back not just games but movies and tv shows and such.Like Sony could maybe say Horizon is coming out on November 20th or something but I think they rather wait a little bit longer to be more sure then put out a date like that and then turn around and like a month or 2 late have to say its been delayed to early 2022 or something.

I never understood why Cyper punk was hyped to begging with and I also think people are over reacting to how that game has effected other games and delays and such.
Its normal for a developer to have huge hype for their next game / new ip especially if their last game was so well received.

And I'm glad IF Cyberpunk 2077, has an effect on the industry regarding preventing on releasing super buggy/unpolished games. I think almost every year in the last decade, there was at least 1 big game that wasn't received very well due to being buggy (AC Unity/Fallout 74/Anthem).

Not surprised by the delay, but I’m very happy to hear it’ll release on PS4 as well because I don’t intend on getting a PS5 for another couple of years.

GOW getting delayed to 2022 doesn't surprise me. And, contrary to some of the outrage online (shocking, I know), GOW being cross-gen on the PS4 doesn't really bother me either.

For one, I never bought into the belief that GOW was a 2021 title. I always expected it to be a 2022 title. Besides, with Horizon 2 being positioned as the big Holiday 2021 title, Sony never really needed to release GOW this year, as well. So, I'm perfectly fine with GOW being a 2022 title because that's what I've always expected. And now this gives me 2 games to look forward to next year for my PS5 - GOW and GT7.

As for GOW being cross-gen, I don't really get the outrage. I mean, early on in a console's life cycle, we tend to get cross-gen titles. That's not unexpected. And guess what, those cross-gen titles will obviously play the best on the new console. So, if you want the best possible way to play that awesome looking new game, you'd still want to get the new console. I don't really see how a game like GOW being cross-gen completely negates the argument for getting a PS5. Yeah, technically, you won't need a PS5 to play GOW if you own a PS4. But if you want to experience it in the best possible way, then that's still a reason to get a PS5.

The only time when cross-gen can become an issue is when it does look like it is holding back the new-gen version of the game. But, if the recent Horizon 2 gameplay is anything to go by, that hopefully won't be the case with GOW.

I think some want the neXt God of War to really push the power of PS5. And I don't think you can do that when you are porting the game to the ps4; and the ps4 port not looking like the inferior version.

So far I haven't read about a cross gen game that appears so weak in the Ps4 compare when running the game in the ps5. And thats why some are saying we haventreally seen a game that really pushes the power of these new consoles.

This being on ps4 is a kick in the shins. Means the only advantage the PS5 version will get is ray tracing and higher framerates. I wanted this game to flex PS5's muscles, and be unplayable on last gen.

It does make me wonder if they only decided to release it for PS4 as well because of the PS5 shortage, which may not be an issue (or at least as much of an issue) anymore by the time Ragnarok comes out. I understand cross-gen releases when a console first comes out, like Miles Morales and third party games, but more than a year after the PS5's release is odd. The priority should be pushing the newer console but if the console is scarce and very in demand, I suppose that's the exception. But unlike the PS3, I can still see the PS4's popularity continuing for a long time, even once people are able to just walk in a store at any time and buy a PS5.

About like cross gen

1. Has good has a game like Horizon looks if it was built from the ground up on ps5 it would likely look even better. So I do think this cross gen thing is going to hold back things some

2. You buy consoles for games you cant play on other consoles and with there being less games that are ps5 only it kind of makes it more pointless to get a ps5 right now. Right now its sounding like returnal and ratchet and clank are like the only big ps5 only games threw 2022.

3. Kind of goes with 2 but the marketing I would say was basically a lie or at least very miss leading because when the ps5 was shown last June the way they showed and talked about things they made it seem like Horizon, GT7, GOW, Spiderman miles Morales where going to all be ps5 only and it turns out all 4 of those are not. Heck god fall was said to be ps5 and pc and now it sounds like its going to be ps4 to.

I am a little annoyed my self because I do think it holds things back some and its hard to look at a console has something you need if you can play the games on the older system. Like I have a hard time saying a game is a system seller if its on the holder system to. But at the same time I would say its not like pointless to get a ps5 because Ratchet and clank rift apart is going to be ps5 only and Horizon is clearly going to look a lot better on ps5 then on ps4. Also ps5 controller so far I have only been blown away with astro bots but maybe some of those other games like Horizon and GOW etc will use the controller well and after playing astro bots the ps5 controllers features are a game changer.

When it comes to GOW not surprised about it being 2022 considering all we have its a logo. I would be surprised if we dont get a new trailer this year though. I expect to get a trailer and maybe a little game play but at least a real trailer this year some time this summer I think.

Last going back to cross gen will fast I know you always get some cross gen games but I kind of figured after late 2021 that exclusive would be ps5 only and that after that cross gen games would be more multiplayer games. So I wonder if GOW or GT7 will be the last cross gen playstation exclusive or will there be some other game we dont know about yet.

It does make me wonder if they only decided to release it for PS4 as well because of the PS5 shortage, which may not be an issue (or at least as much of an issue) anymore by the time Ragnarok comes out. I understand cross-gen releases when a console first comes out, like Miles Morales and third party games, but more than a year after the PS5's release is odd. The priority should be pushing the newer console but if the console is scarce and very in demand, I suppose that's the exception. But unlike the PS3, I can still see the PS4's popularity continuing for a long time, even once people are able to just walk in a store at any time and buy a PS5.
Sony obviously wants money from ps4 owners who don't have a ps5 yet. And the game is portable enough I guess.

IF the ps4 port doesn't have much difference aside from ray tracing, frame rate and faster loading, I'd buy the ps4 port IF i still don't have a ps5 by 2022.

You buy consoles for games you cant play on other consoles and with there being less games that are ps5 only it kind of makes it more pointless to get a ps5 right now. Right now its sounding like returnal and ratchet and clank are like the only big ps5 only games threw 2022.

3. Kind of goes with 2 but the marketing I would say was basically a lie or at least very miss leading because when the ps5 was shown last June the way they showed and talked about things they made it seem like Horizon, GT7, GOW, Spiderman miles Morales where going to all be ps5 only and it turns out all 4 of those are not. Heck god fall was said to be ps5 and pc and now it sounds like its going to be ps4 to.

I am a little annoyed my self because I do think it holds things back some and its hard to look at a console has something you need if you can play the games on the older system. Like I have a hard time saying a game is a system seller if its on the holder system to. But at the same time I would say its not like pointless to get a ps5 because Ratchet and clank rift apart is going to be ps5 only and Horizon is clearly going to look a lot better on ps5 then on ps4. Also ps5 controller so far I have only been blown away with astro bots but maybe some of those other games like Horizon and GOW etc will use the controller well and after playing astro bots the ps5 controllers features are a game changer.

Last going back to cross gen will fast I know you always get some cross gen games but I kind of figured after late 2021 that exclusive would be ps5 only and that after that cross gen games would be more multiplayer games. So I wonder if GOW or GT7 will be the last cross gen playstation exclusive or will there be some other game we dont know about yet.
There might be a ps5 only game for 2022 that hasn't been announced yet. So I wouldn't cross out 2022 yet.

As for current gen games being hold back due to last gen consoles, that might be true for big and power demanding games. But I also think Sony is part of the blame for this. You can't launch a new console ina middle of a pandemic and not eXpect some sort of problem, in this scenario, its supply problem and inability to keep up with the demand + Sony doing nothing to prevent scalpers from profitting from their own product and making it harder for the less tech savvy to secure a ps5. But I also said in my another post, more than 100 million ps4s were sold and there are money to get from ps4 owners. I also think GodFall and Destruction AllStars flopping is a factor. So they are probably maXimizing their options now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"