Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah both Godzilla and Long were around 2 hours, wouldn’t surprise me if this was the same.

Thanks for posting the stunning of Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah KRYPTON INC.
I'm super hyped for this movie.

I made this shirt for myself today to wear to Gfest next weekend and to opening night next year.
36796978_10160632271815416_3167821951720751104_n.jpg

Sidenote, if Chicago is at all drivable for you, you owe it to yourself to attend Gfest. Great gia t monster convention.

Only tangentially related but too crazy not to share. Kong Skull Island director Jordan Vogt-Roberts moved to Vietnam fulltime after filming the movie there. He took on work with the government as a tourism ambassador. Something I never heard about is that last september, he was brutally attacked by a group of Vietnamese mobsters and was almost beaten to death!

https://www.gq.com/story/attack-on-skull-island

It's crazy. I follow him on twitter and he's pretty active. I' never heard anything about this. I actually met him about a 2 months before this happened at a screening in Chicago.

Only tangentially related but too crazy not to share. Kong Skull Island director Jordan Vogt-Roberts moved to Vietnam fulltime after filming the movie there. He took on work with the government as a tourism ambassador. Something I never heard about is that last september, he was brutally attacked by a group of Vietnamese mobsters and was almost beaten to death!

It's crazy. I follow him on twitter and he's pretty active. I' never heard anything about this. I actually met him about a 2 months before this happened at a screening in Chicago.

Holy ****.

That's bananas about Vogt-Roberts. Both as a career move of "I've just had a big mainstream blockbuster hit, rather than capitalize on that I think I'll move to Vietnam and promote Saigon tourism!" and that he had the hell beaten out of him.

You'd figure there would have been industry-news reports on that, first I've heard of it.

Lots of activity here in the Godzilla thread lately, are we expecting a trailer right around the corner or something?

That's a pity about Voght-Roberts. Hope he returns to Hollywood eventually. Crazy, though.

And yes, we are expecting something at SDCC. Here's hoping for some SH Monsterarts of the new Rodan, Mothra, and Ghidorah.

Monarch's Twitter has deleted all their posts which might mean the viral marketing for KOTM will start soon.

Plus it'll have a panel at Comic Con, so a trailer release is likely to come.

I made this shirt for myself today to wear to Gfest next weekend and to opening night next year.
36796978_10160632271815416_3167821951720751104_n.jpg

Sidenote, if Chicago is at all drivable for you, you owe it to yourself to attend Gfest. Great gia t monster convention.

That is awesome! :woot::ilv:

Bloody hell, that's crazy. Poor guy.

Hadn't heard Farmiga was in this. Sweet, great actor.

so is this filming yet? what monsters will actually appear?

I'm still unclear on the rationale of how Kong/Godzilla will be set up. The Kong movie was "1973" yes?

I'm still unclear on the rationale of how Kong/Godzilla will be set up. The Kong movie was "1973" yes?

Actually from what I remember and anyone please correct me if I am wrong, but the time frame being 1973 is going to be part of the rationalization. Kong in SI is an adolescent. His family was killed by the skull crawler creatures. He's not full grown in other words. 40 plus years later and he's going to have put on some mass.

It wrapped up principal photography last October. There were some reshoots earlier this year, and it'll feature King Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan.

It wrapped up principal photography last October. There were some reshoots earlier this year, and it'll feature King Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan.

so SDCC makes sense for a reveal then, they would have had plenty of time to work on vfx/cgi

Yep. See Justice League and Suicide Squad. WB releasing a trailer more than a year in advance for another movie wouldn't be far-fetched.

Plus they're already far ahead in post-production, so I'm 95% sure they'll show some footage at Comic Con.

That's insane! :wow::eek::(

Read about this yesterday, crazy.

Lots of activity here in the Godzilla thread lately, are we expecting a trailer right around the corner or something?

hopefully a week from saturday at SDCC

New interview with Vera Farmiga. She talks a bit about KOTM:

https://www.metro.us/entertainment/movies/vera-farmiga-godzilla-king-of-the-monsters

She brings up, uh, quite the peculiar idea.

Titansaurus says hello

So a question to everyone....

Is there a strong possibility that we will see Kong at the end of the movie or in a post credit scene?

I would think so, yeah. I mean, they showed images of all three monsters in the Kong post credits scene.

So a question to everyone....

Is there a strong possibility that we will see Kong at the end of the movie or in a post credit scene?

If I had to guess, I think he'll be mentioned in the film (or at the very least Skull Island will be), but we might actually see him in a post credits scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"