Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

Do they say what happened to Alexander Skarsgard’s character and why he isn’t in this one?

Was not expecting Shuko to be such a little ****. Loved it.

That little bastard paid for it in droves :funny: One of the funniest moments was when Kong is using him to beat up the other apes, also when one of the raggedy apes tries to strangle him near the end, Homer Simpson style.

I wonder what they will do for next one.

I feel like the logical follow-up would be introducing an alien race like the Xiliens. Maybe bring in Gigan if they intend on using other Toho monsters in the future and not just stick to original kaiju from now on. Would still very much like to see Biollante in the Monsterverse personally.

I'm waiting for my birthday to come around in a week to watch GxK, so gonna have to steer clear of spoilers until then.

I am still pulling for Gamera :o

But aliens may make sense. There are things they can build off of here, definitely. But you could always do something where wherever Ghidorah is from invades

I am still pulling for Gamera :o

But aliens may make sense. There are things they can build off of here, definitely. But you could always do something where wherever Ghidorah is from invades

The Kaiju/Toku community will break if Toho were to EVER allow Godzilla and Gamera to share a movie together. Would be fun to see but I aint' getting my hopes up.

What are the chances of doing Godzilla vs Ultraman?

Hypothetically of course.

The Kaiju/Toku community will break if Toho were to EVER allow Godzilla and Gamera to share a movie together. Would be fun to see but I aint' getting my hopes up.
Me either, but I am telling ya if I was like....a dude like an Elon Musk with silly amounts of money, I would pay for a Monsterverse Godzilla vs Gamera movie out of pocket lol!

The only problem is I feel like Toho will never agree to it unless Godzilla absolutely curbstomps Gamera which by no means should that be acceptable. Leadership at Toho would have to change for it to happen as well as a surge of mainstream popularity for Gamera.

Do they say what happened to Alexander Skarsgard’s character and why he isn’t in this one?
It's not referenced at all as far as I recall. I would say the human stuff was really weak in this one even by the standards of this franchise. I feel for the actors because there's really not much to work with at all. Dan Stevens and Brian Tyree Henry are both trying their darndest to infuse the movie with some charm and humor and I wouldn't say it gets laughs as much as maybe it makes you smile occasionally but Rebecca Hall really has nothing to her character aside from "I am worried about my adoptive daughter" which sucks because she's a good actress in better movies.

Overall I feel like they've really downscaled in the actors department which I guess I can understand to some degree. If you look back at Godzilla 2014 and Kong Skull Island there were some recognizable faces in there and it has kinda eroded a bit from movie to movie and it felt very clear in this one. Sure I get they need to spend money on the CGI and people go for the monsters not the actors but feels like we're a movie or two away from Steven Seagal being the lead in one of these. :D

I feel like the logical follow-up would be introducing an alien race like the Xiliens. Maybe bring in Gigan if they intend on using other Toho monsters in the future and not just stick to original kaiju from now on. Would still very much like to see Biollante in the Monsterverse personally.

I'm waiting for my birthday to come around in a week to watch GxK, so gonna have to steer clear of spoilers until then.

Go full Destroy All Monsters. Some minor GxK spoilers

Have say, Gigan, Bagan (much better than SpaceGodzilla), and Monster X arrive via asteroid. Have big ass finale where those 3 fight Godzilla, Kong, Shimu, Mothra, Rodan, and whatever else they want to bring in. Hell, bring in a rebuilt Mecha G to fight along the good guys. Grand finale have Monster X evolve into Ghidorah, have some fun there.

I think more likely they'd just use Jet Jaguar. Wouldn't have to pay an extra licensing fee

Fairly certain for Legendary, Tsuburaya would charge a smaller licensing fee for Ultraman than Toho would charge for Jet Jaguar.

Have say, Gigan, Bagan (much better than SpaceGodzilla), and Monster X arrive via asteroid. Have big ass finale where those 3 fight Godzilla, Kong, Shimu, Mothra, Rodan, and whatever else they want to bring in. Hell, bring in a rebuilt Mecha G to fight along the good guys. Grand finale have Monster X evolve into Ghidorah, have some fun there.

Fairly certain for Legendary, Tsuburaya would charge a smaller licensing fee for Ultraman than Toho would charge for Jet Jaguar.
They already have a working relationship with TOHO though.

I'm totally expecting the Monsterverse to head into a Destroy All Monsters movie eventually, but I'm just not sure if it will be this soon with G&K 3 or if they would currently even have the budget to feature all those kaiju on screen and have the film be super ambitious. Would 110% be up for it though.

And Bagan certainly deserves his due. Such a cool kaiju that's always gotten the shaft when it comes to featuring in a Godzilla film.

Best Needledrop of the movie: Twilight Zone by Golden Earring

Love that baseline

One thing abouy Suko:
The baby ape. It was funny to see him in the city near the end. He was much bigger than the 1933 Kong or any of the American versions. Would have been great to see him causing destruction. :D

FRIDAY AM: Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire made $10M in previews, according to Warner Bros — the best ever for Legendary‘s Monsterverse, beating the first film in the series, 2014’s Godzilla, which did $9.3M. There was a lot of walk-up business Thursday night. As we told you last night, the audience score on this is high. PostTrak is 5 stars. It’s a really fun creature feature with a lot of heart; heck, it’s even better than Jurassic World: Dominion. Seriously.

Tracking firm Quorum this morning raised its projections for the movie on the high end to $66M-$74M Godzilla x Kong is the only new wide studio entry this weekend.

First off it hits $70 million on its opening weekend then all i have to say is DAAAAAAMNNN Son.

Also its not hard to be better than JW Dominion...that movie is awful

Hope it does well! I don't know what to expect next go. I am guessing we get some kind of 3rd GvK movie before they do anything super ambitious. I just am not sure what the next gimmick could be. 1st time they fought, this time it was a tag team match, I don't know what logical next step is.

Hope it does well! I don't know what to expect next go. I am guessing we get some kind of 3rd GvK movie before they do anything super ambitious. I just am not sure what the next gimmick could be. 1st time they fought, this time it was a tag team match, I don't know what logical next step is.

I mean WB can get real crazy and do this:
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 1.07.32 PM.png

It would be a hell of an Elseworlds.

But I think Sith and the others are right, Destroy All Monsters should be next.

I question the viability of Destroy All Monsters just on a cost to benefit basis. Plus we used Ghidorah already, but could always I guess resurrect him or do new monsters. But I don't know if like Avengers of the Monsterverse is something that would perform much better than the 450-700 mil range these have performed in. This movie cost what, $150 mil plus marketing I am guessing? Maybe 200? I don't know if the prospect of a 300+ mil movie makes sense for that reason

I would do a new standalone Godzilla movie next. Maybe GvK3 after it. I would maybe have some big monster kill Kong in the final fight. They have to make changes at some point. If they want to bring him back they can do it King Kong Lives style. It wouldn't be too ridiculous after this movie. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"