Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Guardians needs a hell of post production work. I remember he cast of Vol. 2 being announced 2 years prior release - 2022 is a safe bet imho

They already had a lot of pre production work complete by the time Gunn was fired hopefully they kept all the sets up that they built. I know they did reuse some sets for EndGame that were going to be in Vol 3. Its possible suicide squad was moved up by WB allowing Gunn to start work on Guardians sooner than expected. Im guessing he wont be involved in post production of Suicide Squad someone else at WB will take over that I'm thinking by May 2020 production will be under way. There was no way Marvel was going to release this 5 years after the second film let alone 4 years which is pushing it.

THR’s report says “Guardians of the Galaxy 3 is planned for a 2020 shoot — the current five stars are expected to reunite — with James Gunn back in the saddle as director.” However, it doesn’t seem to take into account that Gunn is slated to film The Suicide Squad for Warner Bros. Assuming that The Suicide Squad goes into production sometime this fall, Gunn could begin pre-production for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 early next year. However, that’s still a very tight schedule.

It's what I thought when the news of his return first broke through, he's gonna rush through SS2 to get to Guardians 3. Good luck WB.

THR’s report says “Guardians of the Galaxy 3 is planned for a 2020 shoot — the current five stars are expected to reunite — with James Gunn back in the saddle as director.” However, it doesn’t seem to take into account that Gunn is slated to film The Suicide Squad for Warner Bros. Assuming that The Suicide Squad goes into production sometime this fall, Gunn could begin pre-production for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 early next year. However, that’s still a very tight schedule.

It's what I thought when the news of his return first broke through, he's gonna rush through SS2 to get to Guardians 3. Good luck WB.
The thing with GOTG3 is that they were already in pre-production when Gunn got fired in 2018 so I imagine picking things up will be somewhat quick and easy.

As of now, my Phase 4 schedule looks like this:
2020: BW in May and Eternals in November
2021: Shang-Chi in Feb, GOTG3 in May, and DS2 in November
2022: BP2 in Feb, CM2 in May, and Ant-Man & the Wasp sequel or Spider-Man sequel in July.

I think that besides the Eternals and Shang-Chi, there'll be at least one to two more films added that may shift things around and potentially lead into a big tentpole May 2023 film.

Last edited:
The thing with GOTG3 is that they were already in pre-production when Gunn got fired in 2018 so I imagine picking things up will be somewhat quick and easy.

As of now, my Phase 4 schedule looks like this:
2020: BW in May and Eternals in November
2021: Shang-Chi in Feb, GOTG3 in May, and DS2 in November
2022: BP2 in Feb, CM2 in May, and Ant-Man & the Wasp sequel or Spider-Man sequel in July.

I think that besides the Eternals and Shang-Chi, there'll be at least one to two more films added that may shift things around and potentially lead into a big tentpole May 2023 film.
Sounds pretty accurate, yeah. I do think we'll get 4 films in '21 though

On the other hand, Marvel needs a big ensemble-like movie with well known characters to release soon. Sure it won‘t be the scope of an Avengers movie, but GotG Vol 2 filled the gap back in 2017.
So maybe this is really on the priority list, to release a movie with that scope as soon as possible 2 years after the last Avenger movie.

That shouldn't matter as long as the story is good. The women characters we already have in this franchise are definitely worthy enough.

well as yet there’s no confirmation gamora or even Nebula will be back and having just blokes in a movie doesn’t mean it’s good or that having more women will mean the story isn’t good

well as yet there’s no confirmation gamora or even Nebula will be back and having just blokes in a movie doesn’t mean it’s good or that having more women will mean the story isn’t good
They for sure will be back. It's obvious. Unless there's some huge salary issue. They set up for Guardians 3's emotional crutch to be the search for Gamora

I am thinking GotG3 is making 2021 if Gunn films next year. So I am thinking if DS2 is not coming out late 2020, then likely BP2 is coming 2022.

The inspiration for the end of AEG.

guardians-of-the-galaxy-41-00c.jpg
guardians-of-the-galaxy-41-22.jpg

Beta Ray Bill To Debut In Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3
A source close to We Got This Covered has told us that in James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3,we’ll see the debut of not only Beta Ray Bill, but also Quasar

tenor.gif

will be titeled:
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 - Why is Gamora?

Adam Warlock, Beta Ray Bill, Quasar, probably Nova and
Thor
...is a bit too much
along with search for
Gamora
it seems a bit overcrowded with potential plots

Thor
...is a bit too much
along with search for
Gamora

Agreed.

They could do it. They introduced a lot of characters in gotg. But just seems too many to do justice to each.

Ha that’s cute, beta ray Bill is a character I’ve been looking forward to for ages

Thor
...is a bit too much
along with search for
Gamora
Yeah, it feels pretty crowded to me. Don't get me wrong, James Gunn could pull it off, but it could also be a very fun movie without a particularly coherent plot.

Yeah, it feels pretty crowded to me. Don't get me wrong, James Gunn could pull it off, but it could also be a very fun movie without a particularly coherent plot.
Gunn definitely could do it. And I hope he does. However, smashing so many things into one movie doesn't seem like his style, at least based on GOTG 2, which focused more on the characters that already existed in GOTG 2 than setting things up and worldbuilding.

Personally, I love those "overstuffed" movies. It's like eating a Double Stuffed Oreo - you get twice the goodness. It's why I like the Avengers movies so much, - it feels like they are going all out and trying to work as hard as possible to include everything. And I can't get enough of that. Same with Ragnarok, Doctor Strange, Civl War, etc.

New episodes of the cartoon are on now and it's hilarious.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"