Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

With the news that Taika Waititi is returning to do a Thor 4, you kinda have to wonder if maybe GOTG Vol 3 takes place in the 3-4 year period between Vol 2 and IW, leaving Thor 4 to potentially tackle the Asgardians of the Galaxy thread at the end of Endgame.

With the news that Taika Waititi is returning to do a Thor 4, you kinda have to wonder if maybe GOTG Vol 3 takes place in the 3-4 year period between Vol 2 and IW, leaving Thor 4 to potentially tackle the Asgardians of the Galaxy thread at the end of Endgame.
It really depends on the release schedule now. Hopefully, we get Thor 4 last so he can finally settle as King and to continue the story with the GOTG.

Hasn’t Gunn already confirmed this will take place after IW and EG? Zoe Saldana and Dave Bautista’s recent comments also point to the same.

Before he got fired and re-hired Gunn was saying the 3rd movie would be the end for this team of Guardians, so it wouldn’t shock me if one or more character dies.

I'm hoping it's not multiple Guardians getting offed. We saw the problem with that in Endgame - the lesser character (sorry Natasha!) gets the shaft to accompany their dirt nap.

Nebula seems like a potential casualty - I figured she was getting offed in Avengers 4 (and she sorta was). Drax makes sense, but not if Gunn is introducing Moondragon. I think Quill makes sense as well..

Before he got fired and re-hired Gunn was saying the 3rd movie would be the end for this team of Guardians, so it wouldn’t shock me if one or more character dies.

Doubt groot or rocket. Drax 100%.

I don’t know, if Moondragon is being introduced as rumoured, it could go either way for Drax.

Not after all the bad blood. Can't see disney giving him a new contract. Moondragon doesn't have to be his daughter. It's not like drax's origins are anything like they are in the comics.

Taika could easily make the opening scene of Thor 4 featuring the Guardians dropping Thor off somewhere and that's that.

Not after all the bad blood. Can't see disney giving him a new contract. Moondragon doesn't have to be his daughter. It's not like drax's origins are anything like they are in the comics.

The bad blood seems to be water under the bridge now though. And I know what you mean about Drax’s Origins, but I don’t see Gunn not making her his daughter and missing out on that drama.

On the other hand, the good thing about Drax is, due to the nature of the character, and the introduction of The Eternals, if they do kill him off, they could easily re-cast and have Kronos resurrect him as another version.

The bad blood seems to be water under the bridge now though. And I know what you mean about Drax’s Origins, but I don’t see Gunn not making her his daughter and missing out on that drama.

On the other hand, the good thing about Drax is, due to the nature of the character, and the introduction of The Eternals, if they do kill him off, they could easily re-cast and have Kronos resurrect him as another version.

Can't argue with any of that. We'll see i guess.

Sera? Must be hard to do her storyline since they already used the ‘thor’s sister’ line for Hela

Same, there’s so many characters I’m still dying to see

Makes sense. It comes out first.
True. But Guardians 2 chronologically came before movies that arrived before it did. There was no certainty that Thor 4 would chronologically take place before Volume 3 until Gunn actually confirmed it.

In the end it is handy information that does let people speculate. A lot of questions that are just going to be left hanging for some time about how Volume 3 will play out and the role of various characters in it. Really is a total shame about how this movie had to be delayed so severely. Glad it is still happening, but we could have been readying to see this movie within a year and instead an entire phase of movies will pass before we can enjoy it.

It was able to chronologically take place before because it was isolated from the rest. That wouldn't be the case with Thor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"