Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Adam Warlock sucked…not even does WillPoulter share a strong resemblance to Erling Haaland - he even acted like him
I refuse to believe that was Warlock. Instead I maintain that was a wholly invented character, Space Mongo. He is only pawn in game of evolution.

Saw it tonight, absolutely loved it. Rocket was probably my favourite Guardian in the comics and definitely has been in the movies, and as expected his back story was heartbreaking. This movie made me tear up several times and for me Gunn has made one of the great comic book movie trilogy's. 9/10.

I got the platinum for the GOTG game earlier this week also so had a really good GOTG week.

Last edited:
I find it so comforting that I'll be able to watch the Guardians trilogy as a unit outside the main MCU, without worrying about plot points or storylines from other movies (for the most part) unlike other movies/trilogies in the MCU.
It works perfectly as a standalone trilogy with a beginning, middle and end. And I like that.

so no real answer, just a BS excuse. Ok got it.

Yeah it's not really a valid reason, other than they didn't want to stick Chris Pratt in a helmet. Considering Quill almost always had his helmet with him in the last two movies, when they were always stuck in life-or-death situations, it's a dumb excuse. He had time to change in his new uniform, but didn't have time to get his space helmet or jetpack?

Just admit you didn't want Quill to have a helmet this time.

I find it so comforting that I'll be able to watch the Guardians trilogy as a unit outside the main MCU, without worrying about plot points or storylines from other movies (for the most part) unlike other movies/trilogies in the MCU.
It works perfectly as a standalone trilogy with a beginning, middle and end. And I like that.
Yeah, that will be enjoying to do now that they are all released. It’s only really the Gamora thing that obviously people would need to know from IW.

Yeah, that will be enjoying to do now that they are all released. It’s only really the Gamora thing that obviously people would need to know from IW.
Right. At least the "in-between" Avengers movies are good.
(Well... the less said about Love and Thunder the better).

Plus Nebula's whole redemption arc and why she's there with them. It started in Vol. 2 but we didn't fully get there until Endgame.

Loved this movie. Such a perfect end to Marvel’s best trilogy. Really excited to see what Gunn does with Superman and DC, but regardless of all that, I’m just so glad he gave us such an awesome series that I’ll rewatch many times over the years.

Loved the movie. Some cuts to the next scene were a little jarring, but besides that... I really had a great time. Best Marvel since No Way Home, imo. Great way to end the trilogy. Wasn't expecting to get kicked in the feels so hard!

really is a great one and seals gotg as probably the strongest mcu trilogy

disney really screwed up by allowing the door to be open for gunn to go to DC

on the flip side, high hopes for superman now

Finally got around to watching this. I enjoyed it, the jokes weren't too overplayed. And the emotional scenes all worked. It really shows Gunns growth as a writer and director.

This really felt like a mixed bag for me. In some ways, a lot of things worked like High Evolutionary villainous presence and Rocket’s tragic origin story, but just as much didn’t work like the jarring editing, jokes that didn’t land, and Adam Warlock’s uselessness.

Overall, this was one of the stronger MCU movies post-Endgame and is easily Marvel’s second best trilogy after Spider-Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"