He-man Sequel Series (Netflix)

Ugh....yeah.. even I think it's stupid to name a show He-Man and not focus on He-Man. Name the show 'Masters of the Universe: Tela and the sword of Power' but leave He-Mans name out of it.

Edit: oh just saw that its Masters of the Universe: Revelation. Well that's cool then.

I never said they were displeased. Mattel are looking to produce their own content and the She-Ra licence is currently being held by Dreamworks. In the long term they will want that licence back if this show proves popular because She-Ra is very much a part of MoTU legacy, and people will want to see the power siblings together on screen again. There's a reason so much of that new She-Ra show is so divorced from He-Man, it's because the creators don't have the rights to the original MoTU.

I'm confused, they don't even have the rights to mention he-man Adam or Grayskull?

I think there are some grey areas. If it showed up in the She-ra cartoon, it is probably fair game. Not that it is a detriment to the show, since it is She-ra, and not He-man.

I'm confused, they don't even have the rights to mention he-man Adam or Grayskull?

They have the rights to the She-Ra side of things, not the He-Man side of things. So, not allowed to use He-Man, Adam, Eternia, Skeletor, Castle Greyskull, Sword of Power, her parents Randor and Marlena, etc, basically anything tied to He-Man is off limits. If this new MOTU takes off I struggle to see why Mattel wouldn't want to reincorporate the more traditional She-Ra & Hordak back in this universe. I want to see Adam and Adora teaming up again.

I think there are some grey areas. If it showed up in the She-ra cartoon, it is probably fair game. Not that it is a detriment to the show, since it is She-ra, and not He-man.
So something that appeared in He-Man and the original She-Ra they could use, but something that appeared in only He-Man they couldn't?

More or less, although both series were pretty much self contained. The problem being She-Ra's origins are tied directly to He-Mans, which makes things like using Castle Greyskull and the Sword of Protection an issue.

It is, which is why I think Mattel will eventually get all their characters back under their control.

More or less, although both series were pretty much self contained. The problem being She-Ra's origins are tied directly to He-Mans, which makes things like using Castle Greyskull and the Sword of Protection an issue.

I mean He-Man is her twin brother.

Which baffles me as to why Mattel allowed the rights to be sold separately. The two are linked in terms of story and blood.

Last edited:
Which baffles me as to why Mattel allowed the rights to be sold separately. The two are linked in terms of story and blood.

Well Mattel wasn't really doing anything with the license at the time. They were probably happy there was some interest to do a licensing deal for She-Ra. All they had is the still in-development movie which has been in development for basically over 15 years.

You can always tell when someone has lost a lot of weight by that saggy look their neck has.

did any one see the 1980s he-man/ she ra christmas special?

Hamil being Skeletor makes sense, and I like the choice. He’s played many villains before, and I guess if you’re going to cast someone to voice the the archenemy of your hero who better than Mark Hamil himself?

Still can’t believe that there’s like two separate Heman projects that are in development apart from this so even if the live-action Neflix movie sucks(which it most likely will) there’s still other Heman-related projects that have the possibility to be good. What a time to be a fan.

Chris Wood as He-man is... a choice.

What a strong cast, im getting really hyped for this.

I know I'm gonna get flack for this but... This is how I like animated projects made today to be done in terms of voice casting. Yes, Hamill is a long time VO actor, but he's also been and had a career as a live action performer.

Absolutely, I respect the hell out of a lot of the "name" VO workers like Maurice Lamarche, or Billy West or the grand old timers like Welker.

At the same time... I do think live action performers bring a lot more, well... realness to the performances, less, how do I say this... Less just some simple "put on voice" and more a real performance. The list of great actors and actresses from say, JLU is pretty impressive and I think the work stands for itself.

If I am honest, a lot of what contributes to how I judge an animated project, American, Japanese or otherwise is how much recycling of talent they do. I'm sorry but... It gets REALLY boring and tiring listening to the same Dozen or less VO actors do the same handful of archetypical voices they have in their arsenal.

Am I the only one who gets a little depressed when I see a stellar voice cast announced because I wish they were the live action cast? I know that some of these people might not fit the bill physically but hot damn, Lena Headey as Evil Lynn, Liam Cunningham as Man-at-arms and Henry Rollins as Triclops are perfect casting. This makes that horrid sounding live action film even more depressing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"