House of the Dragon House of the Dragon General Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

It’s okay but I honestly just wish GRRM would give us an Elden Ring show, haha.

Enjoyed that first episode. Quality actors all round and a nice intro. Matt Smith is going to elevate this, really glad they got him.

Hopefully there are plans for that!

Yeah there have been rumors. I read somewhere that FromSoftware said they have plans for the ER world beyond just games but they didn’t elaborate on what that meant. But people have speculated that it could mean a movie or TV show.

I honestly think the lore that Martin and Miyazaki have created in ER is MUCH more interesting than anything in Game of Thrones/Song of Ice & Fire.

Disasspointed they didnt do a nice title sequence. HBO tends to excel at those.
They just jumped straight in here but the title sequence might come back from episode 2 as they used the same music in the end credits. I wouldn’t mind if it was the same, just focusing the geographical areas for this show.

One thing I’m confused about… I thought the Targaryens ruled from Dragonstone instead of King’s Landing. Or is it just like their home but it was never the official capital?

One thing I’m confused about… I thought the Targaryens ruled from Dragonstone instead of King’s Landing. Or is it just like their home but it was never the official capital?
I was wondering this myself. I can only guess the capital is where the Throne is. No matter who sits on it.

I was wondering this myself. I can only guess the capital is where the Throne is. No matter who sits on it.

Yeah, I guess so. But I think they even mentioned Dragonstone at the beginning during the coronation scene. I guess it doesn’t really matter but it just left me wondering.

I assume the capital has moved around a bit.

Decent 1st episode, but nothing wowing for me overall in it. Probably going to take me a while to get invested like probably by the last few episodes of the season.

GOT ep 1 had more fun and charm in it that grabbed me. This was kind of straight forward little to no humor.
It's going to be harder to charm without someone like Tyrion, lol.

I think we have our Tyrion.

1e1619d9c965290c403eec2ed8fa379858767939.gifv

I am very much looking forward to this show and watching the first episode soon. GOT really left such a horrible taste in my mouth with the final season. In my own head canon I think I’m just gonna act like that never even happened.

I didn't particularly liked it. Seemed like the whole thing was already told in the trailers and was intensely formulaic. This whole episode could've been told in 20 minutes so that we can get to the actual story in the first episode.

But then again, the story has a limit of how good it can get because canonically Bram had the best story.

This series is, in part, a response to eight years of people complaining about rushed storylines. It's really not gonna rush.

The slowness would be better if I had found the characters or what was happening interesting to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"