House of the Dragon House of the Dragon General Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Actually you could say that about half of the characters in GoT. My problem is more about the fact that Dany was surrounded by fools, especially Tyrion is overrated, given the fact that he made one mistake after the other one since season 2, Dany should have sticked with Jorah as right hand.
Tyrion stopped being Tyrion the moment that they cut the Tysha reveal. Whatever role Dinklage was pushed into after Season 4 was a hapless wannabe white knight with one brain cell shared between him and the rest of Dany's advisors. Barristan should have stayed Hand but he was killed for shock value.

Hopefully no one in HOD suffers the same fate. They've been pretty adamant about the moral greyness of it all, so hopefully we get proper characterization across the board. There's only a handful of outright GOOD people in this story, and most of them won't even show up til Season 2.

I mean this was a recurring theme throughout the original show. I don't see why it's suddenly a reason for people not to watch.

[looks around the current situation in the US]

I can think of quite a few reasons why it may be a turn off to people.

And come on. Birth is the woman's battlefield is ****ing sexist. It may not be their intention, but it reeks of traditional gender roles.

Birth is the woman's battlefield is ****ing sexist. It may not be their intention, but it reeks of traditional gender roles.
I did think the phrasing of that was off. Though what I meant was, the original show deals a lot with gender roles, and characters being stuck in them. I just think it's too early to judge how I feel about this one before seeing any episodes.

3a96a7ab336bc6035fd3932b2a82aa1c42d097a7.pnj

7048abec3ff71f9a9f814b9d6ca988015dc89f8a.pnj

I think it will be good, but will it catch lightning in a bottle like the original did? especially so the first 5 seasons?
Hard to imagine it can.

I remember making plans around each new episode of got to make sure we were home to see it.
This one? We shall soon see.

Trying to post a map lets see if it works. ok file too big so here is the link to a map of the world of ice and fire for reference.
PBsLYei324DE8ThNFNnHlVKrcwO3Nef4GFyGxwET5fY.jpg
Also a dragonstone one
dragonstone.jpg

Valyria before
old-valyria-with-cities-and-labelled.png

Last edited:
Just stick the landing at the end is all you have to do, HBO. That's the bare minimum.

I said it before somewhere else, but I think they’re helped by the the fact that this story has already been written and is finished.
Thankfully this time. Can't rely on Martin to finish anything unfinished during the life of a show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"