• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Avengers How Loki arrives on earth! (in the trailer)

Loki did mention in Thor that there were many way to get into Asgard. I presume there would be many ways to get to Earth as well.

If you remember the Cosmic Cub sent the Red Skull somewhere at the end of Captain America. Similar to the way the way Thor & Co. traveled to other planets. What if they bring Thor & Loki to Earth by using the cube somehow?

I just thought of this, but in Thor Loki's magic was able to create illusions of himself. Maybe I'm thinking Naruto too much, but maybe the astral body is what he uses to be sneaky and assess the situation and that all he needs to do is manipulate some of that Cosmic Cube energy with his magic to warp wherever he wants to.

Loki did mention in Thor that there were many way to get into Asgard. I presume there would be many ways to get to Earth as well.

If you remember the Cosmic Cub sent the Red Skull somewhere at the end of Captain America. Similar to the way the way Thor & Co. traveled to other planets. What if they bring Thor & Loki to Earth by using the cube somehow?

But why would SHIELD want to bring Thor, let alone Loki, to Earth anyway? AFAIK, nobody on Earth knows about Loki yet at the end of Thor (other than the basic storybook myth, of course). And nobody but Jane Foster has any real reason to want Thor to return to Earth.

Instead, I suspect that Loki finds his own way to Earth somehow, proceeds to menace the planet, and that's when Fury and SHIELD realize that their one true hope to defeat Loki is to bring back Big Brother. *That's* when they use Selvig's Einstein-Rosen bridge or whatever to bring Thor back.

<- This guys opinion:

Loki somehow bring himself to earth by either A) possessing someone with the ability to transport either him or thor to earth a la a SHIELD device (possibly the one we see him rise from in the trailer if that particular system isn't a prison which I don't think it is because it lacks a "prison-like" enclosure) or B) ports himself to earth through some other means, a la the cosmic cube.

However what I believe (which differs from most opinion) is that Thor is brought to earth after Loki has already arrived and Iron Man and Captain America have tried to stop him. At this point shield decides they need way more manpower, and thus venture to a spot to summon thor. They travel to a wooded area in the woods and bring down thor, who thinking it is some trick of loki attacks those nearest (the shot of cap getting attacked by thor in the trailer).
- Support to this theory is in Thor's costume in the wooded area versus his costume after hes already met with SHIELD and company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"