I Am Going to Tell Them It Was All Your Idea: The Supporting Cast Thread

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
We can go back and forth all day about what villains we’d like to see in Part II, but I’m curious to know how we’d like to see the supporting cast expand.

I’d certainly like to see Leslie Thompkins in the mix. We need more women in Batman movies than just the love interest/villain/both.

Considering how out of the loop Bruce was as far as Wayne business in this film, I wonder if there’s room to potentially introduce him to Lucius Fox too.

I think I can do without Lucius Fox this go-around. Truth be told I'm not all that interested in Wayne Enterprises outside of Bruce's philanthropic endeavors.

Leslie Thompkins is long overdue, and as far as love interests go I'd love to see Silver St. Cloud.

Bullock, easily. We got Flass in Begins, and not that The Batman didn't already have its fair share of corrupt officers, but I think we could use a specific corrupt officer that works as a sort of antagonist for Gordon. Someone who Battinson would easily be able to get information out of.

Wouldn't have to be a huge role, but I'd like to see Bullock hit the big screen. Especially considering the, for my money, absolutely great job Donal Logue did playing him on Gotham. One of the best castings on that show, in my opinion.

giphy.gif

Definitely seconded on Leslie Thompkins and Bullock, and also Montoya. In a related note, I hope Andy Serkis' Alfred gets more screentime in the sequel.

As long as Serkis doesn't have another film to direct at the same time again like with Venom: Let There Be Carnage, then chances are we'll get more Alfred for sure.

Bruce re-enters Gotham social circles…

GOTHAM HIGH SOCIETY / POLITICAL FIGURES
- Andrea Beaumont
- Senator Lincoln March
- Selina Kyle
- D.A. Harvey Dent

GCPD officers test Gordon’s loyalty to Batman…

GOTHAM CENTRAL
- Sergeant Harvey Bullock
- Officer Jason Bard

Additional characters included to flesh out the sequel…

ADDITIONAL
- Dr. Leslie Thompkins
- Solomon Grundy / Killer Croc / Harold Allnut

I’m okay with holding off on Lucius Fox. Maybe he and his son Luke would be better fits for Brave and the Bold where we can get some cool gadgetry / Batman Inc.-type visuals

I’m okay with holding off on Lucius Fox. Maybe he and his son Luke would be better fits for Brave and the Bold where we can get some cool gadgetry / Batman Inc.-type visuals
Good point.

One thing that I am curious about is, there was mention that unmasking Falcone would have dire consequences for Gotham’s city government, courts, police, etc. And then we really didn’t expand on that too much, mainly because Falcone was capped right then and there (although I did notice Bock wasn’t around during the finale?)

But I wonder if the GCPD’s police force gets replenished by the sequel. Maybe give us the likes of Bullock, Montoya, Crispus Allen, etc.

One thing that I am curious about is, there was mention that unmasking Falcone would have dire consequences for Gotham’s city government, courts, police, etc. And then we really didn’t expand on that too much, mainly because Falcone was capped right then and there (although I did notice Bock wasn’t around during the finale?)

But I wonder if the GCPD’s police force gets replenished by the sequel. Maybe give us the likes of Bullock, Montoya, Crispus Allen, etc.
Gordon has to build out the Crime Unit, baby.

I hope Martinez gets a to follow Gordon's footsteps, once Jim gets promoted.

I want Gilda Dent (or a version of her), because she plays such a huge part in Harvey’s story. This is if we get Two-Face, of course. I wouldn’t mind seeing Vicky Vale again. A cameo from Barbra would be nice too.

I want Gilda Dent (or a version of her), because she plays such a huge part in Harvey’s story. This is if we get Two-Face, of course. I wouldn’t mind seeing Vicky Vale again. A cameo from Barbra would be nice too.

I loved Gilda’s role in the animated The Long Halloween adaptation. I’d be all for her appearing on the big screen.

My list would be:

• Harold
  • Hamilton Hill
  • Leslie Thompkins
  • Jason Bard (and Barbara Gordon)
  • While I don’t like Lincoln Marsh as a character, I do like the Court of Owls, so I’d add him here
  • Also, I want Bruce to go undercover as Matches Malone at some point.

I am finding more and more that I’m open to being surprised where the villains are concerned, but my supporting cast ideas are pretty concrete.

I want Leslie Thompkins and I want it to be Laura Dern, goddammit!

Bullock, easily. We got Flass in Begins, and not that The Batman didn't already have its fair share of corrupt officers, but I think we could use a specific corrupt officer that works as a sort of antagonist for Gordon. Someone who Battinson would easily be able to get information out of.

Wouldn't have to be a huge role, but I'd like to see Bullock hit the big screen. Especially considering the, for my money, absolutely great job Donal Logue did playing him on Gotham. One of the best castings on that show, in my opinion.

giphy.gif
I loved him in the role and love him as an actor, but I think we can do better. Logue has an Irish background and I always pictured Bullock as being Italian like BTAS voice actor Robert Costanzo. Small nitpick but I think it would be cool to go for an Italian actor.

I really wanna see Leslie, I have this little dream that she was Martha’s therapist during her stints in Arkham and she reaches out to Bruce after it becomes public.

I think Renee Montoya would be a great addition to the GCPD. I think a repurposed Lucius Fox who’s around Bruce’s age and kinda just a good friend of his would be cool.

Could someone pitch me an idea for a new love interest? I mean do you cut the Bruce And Selina thing? Did i read too much into the relationship?

I mean would this just for one film or for the third film too, I guess it just seems too jarring for me.

I really wanna see Leslie, I have this little dream that she was Martha’s therapist during her stints in Arkham and she reaches out to Bruce after it becomes public.

I think Renee Montoya would be a great addition to the GCPD. I think a repurposed Lucius Fox who’s around Bruce’s age and kinda just a good friend of his would be cool.

Could someone pitch me an idea for a new love interest? I mean do you cut the Bruce And Selina thing? Did i read too much into the relationship?

I mean would this just for one film or for the third film too, I guess it just seems too jarring for me.

Leslie would be great. Just imagine her played by Jodie Foster...

Anyway, Pamela Isley would be a quite good new love interest. An angry and lonely femme fatale who is an ecoterrorist, grateful to the Riddler for the flood: the right revenge of the nature against Gotham's sins. Mia Goth or Anya Taylor Joy would be my top choices.

giphy.gif
But Bullock is not corrupt. He’s actually probably the least corrupt cop on the force. His biggest beef with Jim is that Jim works with a vigilante, which Bullock sees as hypocritical.

Bullock may be jaded and cynical, but he ironically probably has the straightest moral compass in all of Gotham.

Watching the episodes of Frasier with Brian Cox and it’s crazy how much he looks like BTAS’s Rupert Thorne here. Granted, this was 2002 and he’s probably much too old for the part now, but still…

0196e15a09c2d5fb4bb20282ab07a78f38856f6c.pnj

Also, after watching Gangs of London, I really want Sope Dirisu in the mix.

As who, I have no idea. But someone.

EDIT: Oh ****, maybe Crispus Allen.

Watching the episodes of Frasier with Brian Cox and it’s crazy how much he looks like BTAS’s Rupert Thorne here. Granted, this was 2002 and he’s probably much too old for the part now, but still…

0196e15a09c2d5fb4bb20282ab07a78f38856f6c.pnj

He’ll always be perfect casting for Thorne.

Last edited:
Rewatching Midnight Mass and I still want Robert Longstreet for Harvey Bullock.

Hard to know if any of the old rumors hold any accuracy, but if Julie Madison is in the mix, I’m putting Eve Hewson‘s name out there. We need all the Irish in this series that we can get.

93ab3c02319ab37e265f1c761086b5d768cfc9ea.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"