Dark Phoenix "I'd rather be in Guardians" The Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique Thread

I hope she dies in the first act. I really don't like her in the role or what they've done with the character.

You know what I just realized about the Mystique character since the OT. We have never seen her shape shift into sort of animal. In the cartoon she has changed into a cat, crow, snake, etc I wonder why they chose to omit that from the movies.

You know what I just realized about the Mystique character since the OT. We have never seen her shape shift into sort of animal. In the cartoon she has changed into a cat, crow, snake, etc I wonder why they chose to omit that from the movies.
Her morphing into tiny animals is not comic 616 canon.

Maybe when the first movie had her change into the Statue of Liberty??

in the comics, she only ever changed into other humans and mutants, iirc

I wonder if Mystique can shift into a skrull... ?

Maybe when the first movie had her change into the Statue of Liberty??

in the comics, she only ever changed into other humans and mutants, iirc

I wonder if Mystique can shift into a skrull... ?
Even the statue was still humanoid so one could say she's just making herself look like a sentient statue.

Well, she can mimic textures... I remember when I first saw that scene, I was like nope, she can't do that... but she can. As far as shapeshifting into animals... it's been explained she can only mimic things equal to her body type/size... she could mimic a big mutant like Blob but it would tax her to hold that form for to long but a cat, dog, they're too small.

She was augmented in her own solo comics series and ended up having a form like the scales in the movie but she, I guess, chooses not to show that form in the comics but she acquired the ability to mimic wings to fly, make herself into different forms like flat like paper to go under a door, morph parts of her body in a variety of ways, etc.

I've always felt they could've been more creative in how Mystique uses her body in fights and battles in the films...

But isn't that kind of crazy? Mystique's shape shifting powers are so impressive she can resemble any other character or mutant. Her ONLY transformation in this movie is the Jennifer Lawrence looking blonde.

Any explanation why she quickly transforms into JLaw once she steps in the mansion?

Any explanation why she quickly transforms into JLaw once she steps in the mansion?

None. There's a scene where she's alone together with Hank in the mansion...and they are both fully human looking. No blue :( .

None. There's a scene where she's alone together with Hank in the mansion...and they are both fully human looking. No blue :( .
And here I thought there was an explanation to it since JLaw has this pained-look to her face when she does it. With shoddy-looking morphing effects (from the @apple twitter account). My god, this character has been in 6 movies and her powers' vf/x are getting progressively worse.

Man.......Fox really butchered mystique like how they did deadpool. I thought in the last ever fox x-men movie, we will finally get the heel mystique we know from comics before her death (i don't think this is a spoiler as everyone who follows this movie knows that she dies). What we get is more katniss.

From one of the critic reviews.
“At least she’s trying, which can’t be said for some of the other members of the cast. Jennifer Lawrence is all but checking her watch during her scenes as Mystique.”

Good by and good riddance Lawrence.

Can anyone justify to me how Mystique transforms into her human form WHILE SHE'S AT THE X-MANSION!

Can anyone justify to me how Mystique transforms into her human form WHILE SHE'S AT THE X-MANSION!

Despite reports in the past of an allergic reaction to the makeup I think she just became a bit of a diva once she got big after First Class from the Hunger Game films and didn't want to wear it throughout the movie. Who knows...

It's the roundabout way for Kinberg to say this is the Mystique from the comics. She's not an perfect. Far from it. She's a hypocrite.

Her boyfriend (?) Hank McAcoy doesn't find her hot when she parades around as the blue chick.

Hey I tried!

It would be hilarious if she is cast by Marvel as another character requiring make-up. But this time she is in make up the whole way through like Mike Rooker, Zoe Saldana and Karen Gillian.

"The alergy regarding make up is gone now. Inexplicably"

So she had only four scenes in human form (eXcluding deleted scenes).
1. The clip posted on Youtube
2. Subbasement
3. Running to the window
4. Cerebro

I felt like someone could have asked Jlaw to film those scenes with the blue paint. They already put her in blue paint for a couple of scenes, why not just commit through all the way Xpecially for those 4 indoor scenes and what was gonna happen to the character in the middle of the film. And the body paint won't even take that long to apply as her body is covered up unlike in the 6 previous X-Men films.

Though its more jarring that the Beast can switch on and off his physical mutations, it doesn't make freaking sense.

So she had only four scenes in human form (eXcluding deleted scenes).
1. The clip posted on Youtube
2. Subbasement
3. Running to the window
4. Cerebro

I felt like someone could have asked to film those scenes with the blue paint. They already put her in blue paint for a couple of scenes, why not just commit through all the way Xpecially for those 4 indoor scenes. Though its more jarring that the Beast can switch on and off his physical mutations, it doesn't make freaking sense.

Which is more than half her scenes in the film. And that's the only form she transforms into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"