• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Civil War Is Captain America: Civil War Too Crowded?

i'm not "looking for a reason to be upset" in fact i have expressed interest in the film several times, i just don't think the title is right.

Um. Excuse me for being blunt but as you haven't seen the film you don't know didly. Iron man could be in this for all of 2 seconds and the rest of the film could be about zemo hunting cap. We don't know.

Um. Excuse me for being blunt but as you haven't seen the film you don't know didly. Iron man could be in this for all of 2 seconds and the rest of the film could be about zemo hunting cap. We don't know.
um. excuse me for having to state the obvious but when the title of the movie was first revealed both chris evans and rdj walked out on stage together - moreover disney has released concept art of the two teams and are paying rdj more if cap3 outperforms cap2 because they feel it may be attributed to his involvement. so, I and those who look into it, no more than a little "didly".

I know that people think CA: CW is too crowded, but let's suppose that they threw everyone in the MCU into this film. Which sides would you put everyone and why (including the Netflix and AoS characters, but obviously not the Agent Carter characters)?

We don't know what the argument is just yet.

Do super powered people just have to register their powers with the government.

Can they only use their powers with permission from the government.

Do they have to work for the government.

Do they get tagged and chipped so the government can constantly monitor them.

What was the cause of this decision? How many lives lost? Is it on a small scale like 9/11 or large scale like us gun deaths?

I know that people think CA: CW is too crowded, but let's suppose that they threw everyone in the MCU into this film. Which sides would you put everyone and why (including the Netflix and AoS characters, but obviously not the Agent Carter characters)?

um. excuse me for having to state the obvious but when the title of the movie was first revealed both chris evans and rdj walked out on stage together - moreover disney has released concept art of the two teams and are paying rdj more if cap3 outperforms cap2 because they feel it may be attributed to his involvement. so, I and those who look into it, no more than a little "didly".

You have not seen the film, you have not read the script. You are guessing. They might be guesses based on bits of information but they are guesses. You might be right but until we have seen the film we don't know. Stating things as facts like this is not a cap film just makes you look pompous.

We don't know what the argument is just yet.

Do super powered people just have to register their powers with the government.

Can they only use their powers with permission from the government.

Do they have to work for the government.

Do they get tagged and chipped so the government can constantly monitor them.

What was the cause of this decision? How many lives lost? Is it on a small scale like 9/11 or large scale like us gun deaths?

Zzzzz. Is it so difficult to answer a simple question? If all the MCU were in this film, where would you put them? Nevermind what the issues are. It's just a matter of considering: do you put DD on Cap's side, Elektra on Iron Man's side, Punisher on Cap's side, Iron Fist on Iron Man's side etc.

We dont know what the argument is yet? We dont? Really? I guess someone hasnt watched any of the MCU movies.

Who would the heroes work for if not a SHIELD type government agency? A pizza place? A day spa? What the ?

Last edited:
You have not seen the film, you have not read the script. You are guessing.
No i'm not. i'm not "guessing" that disney is banking on a higher box office result, I know it. I'm not "guessing" that this movie is going to pit captain america against iron man, I know it.
They might be guesses based on bits of information but they are guesses.
they're not guesses, they're facts.
You might be right but until we have seen the film we don't know.
everybody knows it. this much about the film is obvious. just like everybody knew what bvs was gonna be, long before we knew anything about it other than batman was going to be in the mos sequel.
Stating things as facts like this is not a cap film just makes you look pompous.
i don't care what you think it makes me look like. i'm not going to fall in love with every single thing they decide to do. the mcu isn't perfect.

No i'm not. i'm not "guessing" that disney is banking on a higher box office result, I know it. I'm not "guessing" that this movie is going to pit captain america against iron man, I know it.they're not guesses, they're facts.everybody knows it. this much about the film is obvious. just like everybody knew what bvs was gonna be, long before we knew anything about it other than batman was going to be in the mos sequel.i don't care what you think it makes me look like. i'm not going to fall in love with every single thing they decide to do. the mcu isn't perfect.

So if it is simply cap v iron man where does zemo fit in and crossbones?

Zzzzz. Is it so difficult to answer a simple question? If all the MCU were in this film, where would you put them? Nevermind what the issues are. It's just a matter of considering: do you put DD on Cap's side, Elektra on Iron Man's side, Punisher on Cap's side, Iron Fist on Iron Man's side etc.

Cap, scarlet witch, black panther, ant man, bw will all be on the same side.

War machine, iron man, vision, hawkeye on the other. With possibly a few more mixed in.

That is a total guess.

Theyve already released promo images of the teams. Its not a mystery at this point.

As of February 10th, 2015, we know that the following characters are in the film:

1. - Spider-Man
  2. - Captain America
  3. - Iron Man
  4. - Falcon
  5. - The Winter Soldier
  6. - Black Widow
  7. - Sharon Carter
  8. - Black Panther
  9. - Crossbones
  10. - Likely Unannounced Antagonist of Film
The number of characters from X-Men Days of Future Past:
  1. Wolverine
  2. Magneto
  3. Young Magneto
  4. Xavier
  5. Young Xavier
  6. Beast
  7. Quicksilver
  8. Kitty Pryde
  9. Storm
  10. Iceman
  11. Bishop
  12. Mystique
  13. Bolivard Trask
Characters from The Winter Soldier:
  1. Captain America
  2. Nick Fury
  3. Black Widow
  4. Alexander Pierce
  5. Crossbone
  6. Falcon
  7. Winter Soldier
  8. Arnim Zola
  9. Mariah Hill
  10. The three council members of S.H.I.E.L.D
  11. Batroc the Leaper
  12. Peggy Carter
  13. Sharon Carter

I think I can look at Civil War and not consider it too crowded.

^^ And some of the CW characters probably wont be in it very long.

1404136616130466223.jpg
1404136616130466223.jpg

Well if they have a thing where heroes have to report to the government, isnt that basically the SHRA? They dont want supers running around as vigilantes which means they have to report/register in some way.

Its not about their secret identities. Thats the big difference.

It seems the R in SHRA will stand for Regulation as opposed to Registration.

Well if they have a thing where heroes have to report to the government, isnt that basically the SHRA? They dont want supers running around as vigilantes which means they have to report/register in some way.

Its not about their secret identities. Thats the big difference.
there are a lot of key differences but it is still the essential civil war of marvel stories.

Crossbones is a starter villain, while I predict Zemo will be behind the SHRA

Personally, I don't want Zemo to be the mastermind behind the act. I don't want the SHRA to be some nefarious plot, it needs to be a legitimate piece of legislation that stays in place after the events of Civil War. It has to have lasting ramifications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"