• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Civil War Is Captain America: Civil War Too Crowded?

Given that the SHRA was ultimately struck down when it turned out maniacs like Norman Osborn were manipulating it for villainous purposes having Zemo behind it isn't a stretch.

History was not kind to the Pro-Reg side.

I wonder if all will be resolved at the end of CW or if itll be an ongoing rift that lasts to Infinity War. Notice that there are no more IM, Cap films after this.

I wonder if all will be resolved at the end of CW or if itll be an ongoing rift that lasts to Infinity War. Notice that there are no more IM, Cap films after this.

Exactly. Though they'll inevitably go to battle one last time in Infinity War, Civil War should ideally end with both Cap and Tony having to move on from their old roles, likely with Cap retiring and Tony taking on Fury's role.

At this moment, that is true. But, Marvel did announce several unnamed films in 2020. Who is to say a Captain America or Iron Man film is not one of them? I am sure there will be some resolution in this film to a degree, but I bet Infinity War Part II is the end of the "classic" Avengers.

We'll have to wait and see who survives the Infinity War. Sounds like its gonna be the end of the road for the original lineup.

We'll have to wait and see who survives the Infinity War. Sounds like its gonna be the end of the road for the original lineup.

I doubt it will be end of the road. Maybe for the actors but cap, thor, hulk, im are now huge brands. They will be back in films quite soon after iw. Maybe a couple of years break and introduce new actors.

I doubt it will be end of the road. Maybe for the actors but cap, thor, hulk, im are now huge brands. They will be back in films quite soon after iw. Maybe a couple of years break and introduce new actors.

Maybe all of the originals will be "Hulked"; used only in team up films and even then not given too much focus.

Or they could even be "Hanked"; used as supporting leaders who aren't in the main fight.

Jeremy Latcham said in an interview that post Infinity War will definitely be the end of the current MCU as we know it. So make of that what you will. Doesnt sound like it means all the main Avengers will still be around after it to me.

Someone is always saying the everything will forever be changed after whatever point you care to point to. You can pretty much guarantee Stark is sticking around.

Jeremy Latcham said in an interview that post Infinity War will definitely be the end of the current MCU as we know it. So make of that what you will. Doesnt sound like it means all the main Avengers will still be around after it to me.

I think they'll be around, in one form or another.

Honestly, I think the ones they'll probably throw the most money at are RDJ, Evans and Pratt... if Thor 3 does great and get rave reviews, they'll probably try to reup a contract with Hems for even more $$$. ScarJo too, if she wants to keep going as Nat.

I really don't think the main cast will be dying, but they'll pop up in other movies, probably in smaller roles.

source?

Source is this interview with him and Feige from September, when the AoU DVD came out. Here's the full quote:

In the Infinity Stone featurette, you describe the two parts of "Infinity War" as a culmination. As this is something we've been building for three phases, how much are you guys doing that as an end, versus a set up for Phase Four? And how can you top that?

Latcham: Well, I think it definitely is an end to some version of the team that we've come to know as The Avengers. Who knows exactly what's going to happen yet in that film, but I think this version of that team -- and I think we started to hint at it at the end of "Age of Ultron," that the team will be evolving. And one of the things we love in the comics is that the roster is always changing. That new people are coming on to the team, and that you could pick up an Avengers book ten years later and you don't recognize people on the cover. But the ideas and the ideals and things that make the Avengers the Avengers, still exist, and I think that's part of what this culmination will be. We're seeing this version of the team doing this thing to save the universe, the galaxy, however you want to put it, and we'll kind of see where that goes. It's not the end of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but I think it is the end of part of it, for sure. We're still trying to sort out which parts.

Cool, I wonder what it could be, the biggest turning point for an MCU phase

Thank you for posting

Well with the introduction of all these new heroes and other actors contracts expiring soon. It's only a matter of time before the MCU we know changes up. The matter isn't IF they'll do it. It's when, actually not even when they'll do it. Just how they'll do it. And if they can pull it off.

I do not think that the movie is too crowded.

The main focus will be on three superheroes - Captain America, Winter Soldier and Iron Man.
We will see lots of Falcon too...

All the others will have some smaller roles.

Black Widow a greater smaller role...
But all the others will not get much screentime...
We will see them all fighting...
Black Panther chasing...
Spiderman in maybe just one scene...
Crossbone in a few...
Baron Zemo will be a big player, with few screentime...
We won`t see much of Hawkeye, Vision, Ant-Man, Scarlet Witch...
Warmachine won`t be around much (or long :) )

But i hope we will see a small lovestory between Vision and Scarlet Witch - i am sure, we will...

So, as the movie is build around 3 (maybe 4) players, it won`t be crowded!

Okay. Now I get it.

In the original comics Iron Man and Stark are fighting over the registration act and Spider-Man is in the middle.

Now they're fighting over the acts of the Avengers and Buckys in the middle.

Source is this interview with him and Feige from September, when the AoU DVD came out. Here's the full quote:

I did see the interview in september - was the same, as he talked about the **** gauntlet ;)

As he said - they do not know NOW, which part ends. So there is no need to speculate.
Everything is still possible...

Evans wants to return, and "Cap 3" will crush it...
RDJ said yesterday the MCU is the best what could happen to him.
He will be from now till 2019 in one movie each year (2017 in Spiderman).
And i am sure - as i heard him yesterday talking - that, if Marvel want to, he will be around at least till phase 5 starts...
And with Thor - i think it will also be easy to keep Chris...

I do not see any changes here...
If, they will kill some guys like Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, Warmachine...

I am still sure, that we will see a fouth movie from "the big three"...
There is no need not to do that - especially, as we may have the next big thing (enemy) waiting - for sure that will be not without Iron Man, Captain America and Thor!!

They will exit some minor characters (Hawkeye -> family, Warmachine -> retired, Winter Soldier -> "finding himself"), then we have some room for Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel.

Last edited:
Is not too crowded, if compared with marvel comic civil war, civil war movie is just too little character...but i can't wait spidey, vision, baron zemo or maybe red hulk show up in the next trailers

It's about Cap and Co. Not another avengers vs single bad guy. So no it's not too crowd-ish.

^ Most efficient/best answer to that misconception I've seen.

People act like Tony Stark or Steve Rogers can't be replaced, but if the phase 3 films are successful, then expect the focus to shift to the new heroes. Marvel knows that superhero fatigue is bs, and this is why they've introduced new franchises like Guardians and Ant-Man. Keep making movies on the same heroes, and eventually people are going to get bored. I think they could keep Cap and IM around after phase 3, but why? In addition to new heroes getting their movies, there are also their supporting characters possibly showing up in future Avengers movies.

Why? Aside from creative or story concerns that one or the other is almost always attached to or leading the Avengers over a 50 plus year period?

$$$$

If they're replacing characters they're not going to start with the ones that sell the most tickets and move by far the most merchandise for anyone not named Spider-Man and they don't make money from Spider-Man movies. The Avengers did 1 billion in merchandise retails sales in 2014

Just like the WB/DC will not be replacing Batman and Superman any time soon so they can focus more on Hawkgirl and Cyborg.

They've added new characters to expand the MCU and yes keep things fresh but that doesn't mean they're just going to cycle through characters with replacements.

By 2019 when IW ends we'll have had 2 GOTG moves already. Do you think they'll stop at a third in 2020? BP would have already co-starred in CW, had his solo and been in 2 Avengers movies. Boseman has a contract for 5 movies, so one more movie after that he and BP would then be done? Ant-Man after IW2 will also have been in 4 movies and Strange in 3.

Feige has said over an over that when it comes time to re-cast (specifically Tony) they'll James Bond it which means even when actors leave the characters won't for very long. Now that Permutter's gone the biggest stumbling block to retaining very popular actors in very popular incarnations is gone as well - paying them.

There will be change and turnover but it's not going to be on some set schedule that doesn't take into consideration popularity and profits. This is a business. If Disney is willing and eager to make a Young Han Solo film while still having the old one around it shows once again they're not resting a money making character. As if proof was needed with Toy Story 4, Finding Dory and the upcoming Pirates 5 and remakes of Jungle Book, Cinderella, Beauty & The Beast, Dumbo etc.

Last edited:
I'll never support recasting Iron Man and Cap. I think they should either retire or kill them off and just keep their legacy as part of the ongoing MCU storyline. Two warriors that people remember but arent just replaced by some new guys every few years. Reboots suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"