James Bond: 007 - Spectre

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Thats exactly what I was getting at, Terry.

I saw a couple people complaining about Will Smith being cast as Deadshot on CBR.

I also saw people complain about Doctor Strange being played by a white actor even though he is white in the comics.

I've seen people complain about Storm being played by actress who is too light skinned.

As bad as it is, if we're the bad guy fanboys don't give two ****s about it. But you betta not race lift their heroes, boy. SLJ being cast as Valentine in Kingsman got not one **** given.

To be fair, SLJ as Fury was generally positively received.

Yeah, but they kind integrated that in the books beforehand and some fanboys still want Millar shanked for that ****. I am no fan of that guy, but I think it was a clever little thing to do in the Ultimate book.

As bad as it is, if we're the bad guy fanboys don't give two ****s about it. But you betta not race lift their heroes, boy. SLJ being cast as Valentine in Kingsman got not one **** given.

I'm great.

You're in everything. The last time you said no to a project Hoover was president.

I don't really want a non-white Bond, but the arguments against a non-white Doctor (Doctor Who) or a female Doctor are ridic.

They made the Master a woman and Paterson Joseph down to the shortlist for Doctor actors so I don't think the Beeb is against either of these casting choices.

The BBC and Sky have both committed to upping their hiring of ethnic minority actors recently.

They made the Master a woman and Paterson Joseph down to the shortlist for Doctor actors so I don't think the Beeb is against either of these casting choices.

The BBC and Sky have both committed to upping their hiring of ethnic minority actors recently.

I'm not talking about the Beeb, I'm talking about the fan community losing their **** over a black or Indian Doctor or female Doctor. The Doctor should be British, granted, but that doesn't mean he has to be white or male.

As for "Black Bond" discussions I'm a little confused as to why everyone acts like Idris Elba is the only black British actor in existence.

Because contrary to popular belief, some people don't just want a black bond for the sake of it. Some people,probably like the Sony execs who proposed the idea, just want to see Idris as James Bond.

If Elba plays Bond, it will only ever be "James Bond" in quotations.

Elba is the only black british actor that's in the mainstream over here. There are a lot of them that take on roles here in the states, but you wouldn't even know they're british unless they get interviewed or use their accent onscreen. I didn't know that dude on Chicago Fire was a brit until I saw him and Cedric the Entertainer shooting the **** on some web clip.

I'm not talking about the Beeb, I'm talking about the fan community losing their **** over a black or Indian Doctor or female Doctor. The Doctor should be British, granted, but that doesn't mean he has to be white or male.

Some fans might complain but they would still watch and I think a good actor or actress could win them over easily enough.

As you know every knew actor who is cast as the doctor gets complained about until people see them in the role and then they are usually well recieved

See, we gotta be able to pronounce the brotha's name. They be jacking his name up big time, haha.

If you want more diverse heroes, then go out and create the. Don't steal established characters and then act like you're meeting some diversity quota.

If you want more diverse heroes, then go out and create the. Don't steal established characters and then act like you're meeting some diversity quota.

Oh lawd.

It was only until Skyfall did we get a hint of old money with this Craig Bond.

I took the Vesper interaction on the train at face value. I have not read the books and most of the GA hasn't either.

Last edited:
The idea of equating a characters race change to "stealing" is a bit over the top.

I just want to make it clear.

Elba would be my choice right now cause I like him as an actor. I can't think of any other black british actor who would do the character justice. Just Elba at this point, but he would be too old for the reboot.

Dan Stevens would be my choice for a reboot.

See, we gotta be able to pronounce the brotha's name. They be jacking his name up big time, haha.

Brad Pitt tried to teach a room of people how to pronounce David Oyelowo (Oi-ye-low-wo).

I don't think it is that hard learning how to say peoples names. Once you hear it once or twice it should be easy enough to say I guess.

The only actor I've only got confused about was cillian murphy. For years I didn't realize it was pronounced Kill-ian

Elba is the only black british actor that's in the mainstream over here. There are a lot of them that take on roles here in the states, but you wouldn't even know they're british unless they get interviewed or use their accent onscreen. I didn't know that dude on Chicago Fire was a brit until I saw him and Cedric the Entertainer shooting the **** on some web clip.

Eamonn Walker? I been knew that since he was on Oz and saw clips of him in the Till Death Do Us Part follow-up In Sickness And In Health

I ain't know ****, bruh. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"