• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man Lizard Talk

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
I assume the movie's villain will be The Lizard. They have been teasing it since Spidey 2!

didnt they mention conners in the first one too?

didnt they mention conners in the first one too?

Yup.

"I was late again and Dr. Conners fired me."

He's been teased at since the beginning!

Personally, I hope we get teh classic "man/gator" Lizard instead of the crap-tastic Iguana-man Lizard!

Oh yeah, and he has to wear the lab coat!!

I dont know i am a little hesitant about having Lizard in this

I know Spider-Man isnt about realism but dont you think Lizard would be a little to far fetched?

More far fetched then a galaxy far far away or the Lord of the rings movies?People are willing to suspend their disbelief if the story is good enough.Also I hope if the lizard is in the movie they use Todd Mcfarlane's version as the basis of his look

AmazingSpider-Man313.jpg

I just hope they dont make him look like some dinosaur like i have seen in the spider0man 2 game and the animated series that was on mtv

haha when I read the title I thought it was gonna be about the Lizard and the way he talks :hehe:

I personally would like to see The Lizard on the big screen.

I know Spider-Man isnt about realism but dont you think Lizard would be a little to far fetched?

About as far fetched as an escaped con mutated into a being made of sand by a particle accelerator experiment conducted in the dead of night :oldrazz:

The Lizard sounds a little far fetched to me. I know we already saw a man made out of sand, but a giant lizard? I don't know. I think it can be pulled off though.

they don't have to go all the way to make an actual lizard--just some guy with a skin condition. dude, that guy looks like a lizard

Not any more so than a Sandman or alien symbiote. :yay:

I believe The Lizard will be backed up by another villain. And, considering he's not such a strong character on his own(believe it, all he's good for is action), I'm bettin' that we'll only see him during the final act of the film. And also, considering the fourth film will leap right into the fifth film, I'm expecting The Lizard to return. Not get killed off, like the notorious Venom we got from the equally notorious 'Spider-Man 3'.

I believe The Lizard will be backed up by another villain. And, considering he's not such a strong character on his own(believe it, all he's good for is action)

Disagreed. There's plenty of room for drama with Conners and his family. Not just action.

Disagreed. There's plenty of room for drama with Conners and his family. Not just action.
Well, I agree with that. However, once Connors transforms into The Lizard, doesn't he stay that way until he gets a cure or something? I just really don't want him to turn out to be the anti-version of The Hulk.
:bh:

The only thing that makes me hesitant about the Lizard is that I don't think he could be pulled off on screen as a major villain. We have to remember that when Raimi or whoever said that when we say who the villain is you'll know whos playing him they might have been reffering to GG, Venom, Doc Ock, or even Sandman (not likely). Or I could be completely wrong, but I don't think that the lizard would work onscreen.

Indeed. There could be a scene where we see Dr. COnnors having dinner with Martha and Billy. Plenty of possibilities.
"Having dinner?!"
:lmao:
It'd be nice to see them have breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well:funny:

If you can accept a person being bit by a spider and gaining super powers, then Lizard will be fine. If you can accept a person being exposed to green gas and gaining super powers, Lizard will be fine. If you can accept a man being fused to robot arms (with built in A.I), Lizard will be fine. If you can accept a person being turned into a Sandman, and a man binding to an alien organism from the far reaches of space, then you can accept the Lizard.

:yay:

Who cares about realism?It's a Comic book movie!Come on what Fantasy movies are realistic?That's why their movies!Because they can't happen in our real world.The Lizard would bring great action,drama and intensity to the screen.He actually has a personal connection to peter that Rami likes so much without it being forced like Sandman was.So come I know it made sense for TDK to be realistic but even that wasn't all realistic ether.

Who cares about realism?It's a Comic book movie!Come on what Fantasy movies are realistic?That's why their movies!Because they can't happen in our real world.The Lizard would bring great action,drama and intensity to the screen.He actually has a personal connection to peter that Rami likes so much without it being forced like Sandman was.So come I know it made sense for TDK to be realistic but even that wasn't all realistic ether.
Obviously not you:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"