Lounge 78

542a19d7ddc2f18376f29e9aa9873e98ac923dd8.gif

Ms Minute: set your clock!
My body did not like the change AT ALL. When I was younger it never fazed me at all. Now I'm like a zombie. :(

My body did not like the change AT ALL. When I was younger it never fazed me at all. Now I'm like a zombie. :(

I'm used to it, the cats on the other hand....

Oh, I'm sure the dogs will be bugging me early for supper, all put out when they have to wait. :p

I heard through the grapevine that @DKDetective has used his immense power to delete the Politics threads out of sheer spite. :funny:

I heard through the grapevine that @DKDetective has used his immense power to delete the Politics threads out of sheer spite. :funny:
More like they may get moved into the general Community section. :) Some felt they were getting too contentious.

More like they may get moved into the general Community section. :) Some felt they were getting too contentious.
Right......because it's always better to move contention to the General Community instead of a Politics section where it rightfully belongs. :funny:

Lol, I don't know. I didn't think it was that bad in there myself. :)
It's definitely calmed down quite a bit in the last several months. I actually have a poster I generally agree with ignored because I felt they had a penchant for flaming instead of conversing. When you always think you are right and don't even attempt to understand the perspective of someone else, I think you're stuck. None of us are 100% right and if you think you are, you're 100% wrong.

It's definitely calmed down quite a bit in the last several months. I actually have a poster I generally agree with ignored because I felt they had a penchant for flaming instead of conversing. When you always think you are right and don't even attempt to understand the perspective of someone else, I think you're stuck. None of us are 100% right and if you think you are, you're 100% wrong.
I think it's been calmer because as time has passed most of us, being moderates in general, agree more or less on most topics. I can see that because most of us are reasonably intelligent and in the same age group.

To the Admins/Mods out there; if you have any pull, I don't think the idea of moving Politics to the General Community makes any sense. People are still going to voice their opinions no matter what category the threads are in. I think it's better to have Politics cordoned off as it's an important part of our lives. To mix it in with our cats, dogs, outer space, etc. doesn't make any sense...at least not to me.

I don't know that this is seriously under consideration, but, if it is, I don't see the point.

I think it's been calmer because as time has passed most of us, being moderates in general, agree more or less on most topics. I can see that because most of us are reasonably intelligent and in the same age group.
Maybe, but I'm so far to the left of Biden that he'd have to pull a Linda Blair to even know I'm in the same room. I'm kinda okay with the guy, but recognize some of his decisions are political rather than being based on fairness.

See? This is what happens when the Politics threads aren't available. LOL

Maybe, but I'm so far to the left of Biden that he'd have to pull a Linda Blair to even know I'm in the same room. I'm kinda okay with the guy, but recognize some of his decisions are political rather than being based on fairness.

See? This is what happens when the Politics threads aren't available. LOL
I understand, lol. This is what I like about reasonable conversation. I'm a definite moderate but I can listen and consider the opinions of others, especially well informed individuals like yourself. :) I've never been someone who is so rigid I can't compromise or even have my mind changed by a different perspective. I can't always get that simply reading an article. I enjoy civilized discussion.

None of us are 100% right and if you think you are, you're 100% wrong.
I don’t know. My wife and I were talking a few weeks ago about some issues and about how a lot of our friends disagree with us on some social issues. I tend to agree with her statement that “maybe we are wrong on all of this. But I don’t really think so. Because we are both pretty busy people. And I don’t see us wasting our time with being incorrect about this stuff.”

She makes a great point.

Stupid windy today, trash day so of course all the wheelie bins ended up in the street. It was an obstacle course getting down my road. :p At least the sun finally came out.

I don’t know. My wife and I were talking a few weeks ago about some issues and about how a lot of our friends disagree with us on some social issues. I tend to agree with her statement that “maybe we are wrong on all of this. But I don’t really think so. Because we are both pretty busy people. And I don’t see us wasting our time with being incorrect about this stuff.”

She makes a great point.
I.....duh.....uhhhh.....what??? :thud:

Oh great, was going watch a show on TV but getting breaking news reports from the thunderstorms/tornadoes :(

Last week I had temps in the mid 60's

This week? 30's and lower and snow :(

It's snowing where we live right now. :(

Snowing some here now, I'm getting tired of this cold weather, I can't wear thick warm gloves because they are hard to open the cans and other stuff while I feed the cats. I want my warm weather dammit! :mad:

I feel bad for you guys. I'm pretty sure we're done with snow, it's been in the 40s or higher for a while. :( Hope it's your last round of snow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"