Lounge 78

I didn't even feel it, but I was probably in my car.

Going to the zoo tomorrow to watch the eclipse. Lots of zoos are doing this as an event. :) Got my glasses early. Good thing, lots of places are sold out.

Going to the zoo tomorrow to watch the eclipse. Lots of zoos are doing this as an event. :) Got my glasses early. Good thing, lots of places are sold out.

My backyard is fine, I'm smack in the total eclipse zone. Just hope the clouds stay away and hope the damn coons don't come out when it gets dark :p

My backyard is fine, I'm smack in the total eclipse zone. Just hope the clouds stay away and hope the damn coons don't come out when it gets dark :p
I think I'm somehere around 80-85% totality. It was my daughter who suggested the zoo, its free for us because we're members. :)

436139645_10161217393778798_4413605326132939192_n-500x724.jpg

:ninja:

100% totality where I am but we'll get about 90 seconds here. Some of my co-workers east of Montreal will have close to 210 seconds.

Yeah. My wife traveled back east to take care of some stuff for her father and was able to see the eclipse. Personally I'm happy to be hanging out with my dogs... :funny:

Well that was cool. My daughter and I have been out watching the eclipse. In my area of Kentucky we had around 95% of an eclipse.. This makes my 3rd eclipse. The first one was in 1969.

I was lucky that the weather was clear when it happened and was in the totality zone.

Check it out:

5d65f842ff3c330a0a41fbdcd2ec41fefa1e3d5f.jpg

Being in almost complete darkness for a couple of minutes during the day was so wild.

I was lucky that the weather was clear when it happened and was in the totality zone.

Check it out:

5d65f842ff3c330a0a41fbdcd2ec41fefa1e3d5f.jpg

Being in almost complete darkness for a couple of minutes during the day was so wild.
Sweet! All my pictures came out crappy. This was my first eclipse and it was very cool. I'm glad I went to the zoo. Lots of kids, lots of nice people. :)

I’d love to have seen this. Not sure if there is one due in the UK any time soon.

Sweet! All my pictures came out crappy. This was my first eclipse and it was very cool. I'm glad I went to the zoo. Lots of kids, lots of nice people. :)
Did the animals react to the eclipse in any noticeable way?

There's supposed to be one in southern California.......when I'm probably dead. :funny:

Our zoo has a number of black vultures that live there but can fly around loose -- guess they know who feeds them. Lol -- and as it got darker they swooped down lower and lower over the crowd, something I've not seen before. They weren't going after anyone or anything like that, they just kept flying closer and closer. Not sure what that was all about....

There's supposed to be one in southern California.......when I'm probably dead. :funny:
Yeah, I doubt I won't be alive when the next one comes around where I am either.

It was an amazing moment to witness! You could even spot Jupiter and Venus during the totality.
I’d love to have seen this. Not sure if there is one due in the UK any time soon.
Next total solar eclipse in the UK will be in... 2090 :csad:.

Next one will happen in August 2026 in Spain and Iceland. Then in August 2027 (North Africa) and July 2028 (Australia). If you all want to see another event like this in your lifetime, better start booking your flights and Airbnb...
Once the total phase ended, birds around me started chirping like in the morning.

It was also interesting how it got cold during the total phase and warmth came back as soon as the phase ended and the sunlight came back. Some strange shadows as well when looking at tree branches on the ground.

I know, right? I was warm when the eclipse started and by the time it got really dark I was freezing! I hadn't expected that.

It was an amazing moment to witness! You could even spot Jupiter and Venus during the totality.

Next total solar eclipse in the UK will be in... 2090 :csad:.

Next one will happen in August 2026 in Spain and Iceland. Then in August 2027 (North Africa) and July 2028 (Australia). If you all want to see another event like this in your lifetime, better start booking your flights and Airbnb...

Once the total phase ended, birds around me started chirping like in the morning.

It was also interesting how it got cold during the total phase and warmth came back as soon as the phase ended and the sunlight came back. Some strange shadows as well when looking at tree branches on the ground.
So I’ll be 111/112 at the time. Will stick in diary so I remember. :D

Oh that’s really cool about the birds and the changing temperature, also hadn’t thought about that aspect.

I’d love to see the other planets in the sky too. Didn’t know that was part of it either.

I only had 90 % totality or so, not dark enough to see stars or planets. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"