Lounge 78

Yeah. My wife and I were talking the other day about how we basically hate everything about going to the Kentucky Derby or the Kentucky Oaks, except that it is cool to engage in some swanky fashion. As my wife put it: “I’m probably not getting invited to a royal wedding, so this is my only opportunity to dress this way.”
I seriously hate getting dressed up, lol. This is not me. :p

Yeah. My wife and I were talking the other day about how we basically hate everything about going to the Kentucky Derby or the Kentucky Oaks, except that it is cool to engage in some swanky fashion. As my wife put it: “I’m probably not getting invited to a royal wedding, so this is my only opportunity to dress this way.”
Maybe your practice needs to up its game. :funny:

I would go for sure if I had a chance because of the spectacle of it all......sometimes I watch some of the Triple Crown races on TV, but even then, I'm always worried about the horses........

I would go for sure if I had a chance because of the spectacle of it all......sometimes I watch some of the Triple Crown races on TV, but even then, I'm always worried about the horses........
What I would love is to see is race money invested in ways to keep horses from having to be put down for broken legs and other racing injuries.

sounds like you need to sneak her away for a trip or an evening where yall can dress to the 9's!

sounds like you need to sneak her away for a trip or an evening where yall can dress to the 9's!

My problem is that I’m notoriously cheap. I get everything paid for through work for the Derby.

The spectacle is cool. But it gets gross there after a while.

My problem is that I’m notoriously cheap. I get everything paid for through work for the Derby.

The spectacle is cool. But it gets gross there after a while.
:funny:

A man after my own heart. It's not so much that I can't afford to do stuff, it's just that it never seems like it's worth the dough. However, my wife provides a more than adequate counterbalance. :funny:

I'm sending them (wife and daughter) on a 2 week to Italy in May and I'm staying home with the dogs and getting the interior of the house painted. THAT'S what I call a REAL vacation. LOL

:funny:

A man after my own heart. It's not so much that I can't afford to do stuff, it's just that it never seems like it's worth the dough. However, my wife provides a more than adequate counterbalance. :funny:

I'm sending them (wife and daughter) on a 2 week to Italy in May and I'm staying home with the dogs and getting the interior of the house painted. THAT'S what I call a REAL vacation. LOL
My wife puts it best: we can usually afford to buy stuff because we choose not to buy stuff.

I’d be torn on having my family go on a long vacation without me. On one hand, I am a bit of a hermit and I do like solitude from time to time.
But on the other hand, I really enjoy my wife and sons. I think the novelty of being alone would wear off really quickly and I would miss my family.

Everyone else on the planet is probably a different story. After all, there’s a reason why I have fond memories of the pandemic and only having to see the three people in the world whom I like the most.

My wife puts it best: we can usually afford to buy stuff because we choose not to buy stuff.

I’d be torn on having my family go on a long vacation without me. On one hand, I am a bit of a hermit and I do like solitude from time to time.
But on the other hand, I really enjoy my wife and sons. I think the novelty of being alone would wear off really quickly and I would miss my family.

Everyone else on the planet is probably a different story. After all, there’s a reason why I have fond memories of the pandemic and only having to see the three people in the world whom I like the most.
Yeah.....we all float on a different boat. Several years ago, my wife and daughter went to Australia and I stayed home. While they were gone, I refurbished the shower and did some other stuff around the house. I enjoyed it and hung out with the dogs. I don't mind going on vacation, but rather hate all of the airport S*** that goes with international travel. That means I prefer driving to Santa Cruz, Palm Desert, or whatever, hanging out with friends and relaxing. Hawaii was okay, but that's about the level of hassle I can handle.

Yeah.....we all float on a different boat. Several years ago, my wife and daughter went to Australia and I stayed home. While they were gone, I refurbished the shower and did some other stuff around the house. I enjoyed it and hung out with the dogs. I don't mind going on vacation, but rather hate all of the airport S*** that goes with international travel. That means I prefer driving to Santa Cruz, Palm Desert, or whatever, hanging out with friends and relaxing. Hawaii was okay, but that's about the level of hassle I can handle.
Yeah. I hear ya.
I am not a big traveler guy either. I much prefer a good staycation. We have young college people come and intern at my work every summer. They will send out bios about these people that list tid bit about them. Nearly all of them say that one of their interests is “traveling.” my joke has always been that my interests include sleeping in my own bed and feeling comfortable with walking on floors with bare feet.

Yeah. I hear ya.
I am not a big traveler guy either. I much prefer a good staycation. We have young college people come and intern at my work every summer. They will send out bios about these people that list tid bit about them. Nearly all of them say that one of their interests is “traveling.” my joke has always been that my interests include sleeping in my own bed and feeling comfortable with walking on floors with bare feet.
The only exception is that I'm one of those weirdos who likes cruises. They feed you, you hang out around the pool with a book, they have exercise facilities, every day or so you go into some tourist joint to poke around, and my wife can't tell me that something needs to get fixed, mowed, patched, painted, or whatever..... :funny:

I'm like this as well. A "stay-cation ". Day trips to the bigger zoos and aquariums is good enough for me. I don't sleep well in hotels either. I'd rather be home with my dogs.

The only exception is that I'm one of those weirdos who likes cruises. They feed you, you hang out around the pool with a book, they have exercise facilities, every day or so you go into some tourist joint to poke around, and my wife can't tell me that something needs to get fixed, mowed, patched, painted, or whatever..... :funny:
I'm afraid I'd be bored and get fat from all the food everywhere. Lol.

I'm afraid I'd be bored and get fat from all the food everywhere. Lol.
Whaddya mean??? The cruise we were on only had 3 meals a day and free 24 hour a day pizza and ice cream. How could anyone possibly gain weight?

I
Whaddya mean??? The cruise we were on only had 3 meals a day and free 24 hour a day pizza and ice cream. How could anyone possibly gain weight?
I've had family who went on cruises who saw food out buffet style at all times. Maybe it depends on the cruise?

II've had family who went on cruises who saw food out buffet style at all times. Maybe it depends on the cruise?
We haven't been on one of them for maybe 10 years or so, but the one we went on had a buffet or order breakfast, same for lunch, and a formal dinner. My son was pretty much up all day and night eating ice cream and pizza. I was just glad I could read without chores.

We haven't been on one of them for maybe 10 years or so, but the one we went on had a buffet or order breakfast, same for lunch, and a formal dinner. My son was pretty much up all day and night eating ice cream and pizza. I was just glad I could read without chores.
I can read at home, lol. And eat. :p

I can read at home, lol. And eat. :p
Yeah, but can you do it sitting around a pool, get up when your lazy ass wants to, walk 15 feet, and look out over the ocean? Cuz my lazy ass loves that S***. :funny:

Yeah, but can you do it sitting around a pool, get up when your lazy ass wants to, walk 15 feet, and look out over the ocean? Cuz my lazy ass loves that S***. :funny:
Lol, no I cannot. :p

Monday's just another day for me. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"