Marvel Legends, Selects, Universe- Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea when in Feb wave 2 for Cap is coming? I NEED me some Black Widow, Winter Soldier, and Cap :(

Nope. No release date yet.

Scored my second, and last hydra agent today. Now just need another AIM agent

They're supposedly suppose to ship February so it should be some time soon. I just hope to find two Widows. I want a couple more hydra soldiers and maybe three AIM soldiers.

Last edited:
Walked in to target today and found a full case of the Cap Legends on the pegs. Grabbed another AIM and Hydra fig. Need one more Hydra and two more AIM.

found my second hydra agent friday, so im done with them. 1 or 2 more AIM agents and i'm safe. I'd like 2 mandroids.. but i have no use for the figs that come with the second batch of BAF pieces... which is really upsetting... I don't need 2 widows or 2 winter soldiers, 2 now caps, or 2 stealth caps :(

I want to grab two widows so I can display one with my movie avengers and one for my winter soldier figs.

Id do that... But i don't have room fir solo movie displays...plus that's what? Only 3 figures?

I'm passing on ScarJo Widow. The one from the 2pack is so great. No need to replace her.

Well Im definitely getting one, for the mandroid piece and for movie avengers . She was the only one left out. Beautiful figure

It's going to be a while before I can display it the way I'd like with the winter soldier figures, but I'd just wish they'd release another wave with movie falcon, movie crossbones or movie Batroc, and possibly a movie red skull.

I wouldn't count on it. That 3rd iron man wave never happened either

I know, just wishful thinking on my part. I'd like to know what happened to that jubilee wave. That would go a long way to complete my Thunderbolts wave, or could at least set up a pretty decent Masters of Evil display.

Toys R Us put the All New X-Men set back up for preorder........for the original $89.99 price tag!! Good to see they came to their senses and lowered the price.

Edit: sorry original price was $84.99....$5 dollar bump. Better then the $139.99 price they tried to pull last week.

Last edited:
yup already ordered it!

wish we had a coupon code to get rid of Tax but free shipping is still very nice

so kinda disappointed about the Guardians of the Galaxy Marvel Legends wave.... was really hoping for Comic versions of Starlord, Groot, and Gamora... groot will pass... but.. i was hoping to build up my comic guardian legends.... Drax and Rocket are lonely

so kinda disappointed about the Guardians of the Galaxy Marvel Legends wave.... was really hoping for Comic versions of Starlord, Groot, and Gamora... groot will pass... but.. i was hoping to build up my comic guardian legends.... Drax and Rocket are lonely

Well they're cashing in on the movie to promote it, so they would have movie versions. They almost always do. Kids who have just seen the movie would wonder why they look different (if they looked like the comic versions).

But that doesn't mean they couldn't put out comic versions eventually. And we just had a BAF Rocket Raccoon recently. I'd say that their comic incarnations are quite likely in the not-too-distant future.

Well they're cashing in on the movie to promote it, so they would have movie versions. They almost always do. Kids who have just seen the movie would wonder why they look different (if they looked like the comic versions).

But that doesn't mean they couldn't put out comic versions eventually. And we just had a BAF Rocket Raccoon recently. I'd say that their comic incarnations are quite likely in the not-too-distant future.

hasbro has done a pretty stellar job at doing comic accurate figures in minor movie tie-ins...

hell the current spider-man legends wave only has 2 movie figures in it, the other 7 are all comic accurate

the Captain America line has 4 movie figures, and 5 comic accurate figures...

Iron Man Legends had 2 movie figures (4 if you count the 2 in the unreleased wave), and 4 comic figures (5 if you count the non released wave...

and all of those 3 lines had a comic build-a-figure.

My only hope is some comic accurate Guardians show up in there wave.. and that this isn't a small tiny line of figures... Rocket surely (unless he comes loaded with accessories wont be a figure by himself... and movie groot could even be a build a figure... so that puts us at 3-4 figures at most revealed for the wave.... hopefully we can expect another 4-5 shown this weekend at toyfair.

as for your "kid" comment... Hasbro has quite obviously embraced us collectors with Star Wars Black, and the Marvel Legends Infinity series... I don't think they're worrying to much about what kids think with 6 inch figures anymore.

Groot was confirmed as a BAF

rumors say Starlord has a comic running change

and apparently Nova and Iron Man take up the missing 2 spots...

:doh:

where you get this info from? You got a link or pics?

Isn't it on the front page of SHH somewhere?

Maybe. I don't look at the front page. I come straight here.

Edit: yeah, thanks Raven. Eh, I too would prefer comic versions except the DnA versions, but still cool. That StarLord blows but Groot looks good. And they did show that comic proto for StarLord a while back, so hopefully they can put that to use. Not a fan of movie Rocket, Gamora or Drax, but that might be the only Gamora we get. Dammit. And I missed it, are these individual figures or a box set?

Last edited:
they will be there own Marvel Legends Infinite: Guardian's of the Galaxy line.. not a box set

Iron Man and Nova will also be in the wave... Groot is the BAF

We don't know if Rocket is with someone or not... and it's suspected that Starlord at least will have a comic accurate running change

Maybe. I don't look at the front page. I come straight here.

Edit: yeah, thanks Raven. Eh, I too would prefer comic versions except the DnA versions, but still cool. That StarLord blows but Groot looks good. And they did show that comic proto for StarLord a while back, so hopefully they can put that to use. Not a fan of movie Rocket, Gamora or Drax, but that might be the only Gamora we get. Dammit. And I missed it, are these individual figures or a box set?

One thing I've learned with Legends over the years is that a particular character is never likely to be the only version we get. It's just a matter of waiting for them to release another version. In the case of GOTG, I think there's a greater chance of getting comic accurate renditions of their characters than other figures who won't be in the spotlight as much. Aren't Marvel planning to make an animated series of GOTG in the near future too? I think that also increases the chances of seeing them in ML again.

One thing I've learned with Legends over the years is that a particular character is never likely to be the only version we get. It's just a matter of waiting for them to release another version. In the case of GOTG, I think there's a greater chance of getting comic accurate renditions of their characters than other figures who won't be in the spotlight as much. Aren't Marvel planning to make an animated series of GOTG in the near future too? I think that also increases the chances of seeing them in ML again.

Lol where did you learn this? We ti this day still only have 1 marvel legend if Magneto, Rogue, Storm, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Banshee , Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Doc Ock , Toad, Etc..... Hell a decade after her release we just finally got a new black cat....

Yet we now have 2 TOXINS wtf ?????

There's plenty of known characters that still havent seen the light of day.... and a massive chunk who have are likely to never be remade .

This very well could be the only Gamora we ever see

Lol where did you learn this? We ti this day still only have 1 marvel legend if Magneto, Rogue, Storm, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Banshee , Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Doc Ock , Toad, Etc..... Hell a decade after her release we just finally got a new black cat....

Yet we now have 2 TOXINS wtf ?????

There's plenty of known characters that still havent seen the light of day.... and a massive chunk who have are likely to never be remade .

This very well could be the only Gamora we ever see

But we've had more than one Elektra, Electro, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, Black Panther, Vision, Hawkeye, Beast, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Dr Doom, etc not to mention numerous Hulks, Captain Americas, Wolverines, Thors and Iron Men.

Was there really a need to redo Vision or Hawkeye? Also the difference between the box set Electro and the single figure one is rather marginal.

We were going to get new versions of Magneto and Storm when Hasbro first took over the licence, but that wave never came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"