Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D 6X12 The Sign 6X13 New Life

SPO2 Dalisay

Rebel in exile, again.
Reaction score

Two hours but most of the thoughts look forward to season 7 rather than the cap to season 6.

While Iron Man III left many with the talk of "the real Mandarin" there was also talk of the real Advanced Ideal Mechanics (A.I.M) and their technicians suits and I thought that is who I saw with Simmons taking a monolith slice. Then there was FitzSimmons alliance with the Chromicom refugees who are able to pass as human, I know that I have seen that plot before

Weird finale. This season started off great, but the last 4 episodes lost me tbh.

I feel the writers kept changing there mind as to what was the purpose of the shiriek, and I have a feeling they were undecided as to Sarge's origin.

He went from inter dimensional hunter to a sleeper cell body snatching alien. The final few eps just don't seem to connect to what they were setting up in the earlier eps.

I feel they should have spent more time developing the chronicon story line.

I have read somewhere that word about season 7 came around the time that episode 6 was being shot. That could account for a reset for the back half of the season.
For a finale they bring out three monolith guardians out of nowhere for a wounded May to dispatch of offscreen. The need for a ritual and forgetting that Daisy's Inhuman power is about vibration and frequencies, not force blast was crime worthy.

In the end probably the worst finale of the 6 seasons . But the cliffhanger holds promise for the final season

I too was disappointed in the finale.
Some things I did like: Deke become less of the constant punch line on the show. And him finally saying what I've been saying: he survived an Apocalyptic hellscape yet gets no respect by anyone. IMO how they've written him, always as the joke, has always felt off for me.
Flint. He better be in the next season. But it highlighted what I didn't like about the episode and that was how they wrote Sarge's final turn. How come Mac and YoYo get to be so sure about how Flint is just Flint, yet give Daisy a hard time about Sarge not being Coulson? Oh, he's the devil that wears a familiar face, but the manifestation of their fear is just a kid they once knew? Which is why I think Sarge stabbing May to shove her in the portal should have been a fake-out, (as Izel suspected for a short while). That enough of Coulson was in that manifestation that was created to outwit the big bad, get May in a position to do the most good, but maybe at the end, he makes the sacrifice play and goes back into the other dimension to save the rest and close the portal, the ultimate Coulson move. Because Daisy and May arguing for two episodes about Sarge, then trusting him, just to have that ending just undermined all of that and made it all pointless.

The finale was a bit disappointing, but at least they were not on the run from authorities anymore.

The finale was a bit disappointing, but at least they were not on the run from authorities anymore.
Oh yes they are. From the Chromicon overlords who took over Lighthouse and are chasing them instead of unaligned Inhumans , Avengers or Wakadans.

Amidst what has in my opinion been a really weak season, I actually thought the season finale was brilliant... right up until the point that they did a double cop-out by bringing May back from the brink of death and shoehorning Clark Gregg into the show yet again. I really don't understand why they keep doing this. Why set up these touching scenes only to render them completely hollow moments later by bringing people back? Ming Na and Clark Gregg's time on SHIELD should be over.

I have read somewhere that word about season 7 came around the time that episode 6 was being shot. That could account for a reset for the back half of the season.

I don't think that can be true, as both season six and seven were announced at the same time, before season six had even started filming. I just think it's weak writing from a pair of showrunners that are phoning it in after having given the show it's true ending in season five.

I just wish this season had anything to do with Marvel comics. Good or bad (and I thought the finale was mostly good), it just feels so purposeless now.

and shoehorning Clark Gregg into the show yet again. .

Agreed with this. What a complete cop out. At least give us a few eps without him so we can miss the actor. Complete cowards.

Times like this makes you appreciate the balls on early game of thrones, when major characters were getting offed every season.

I just wish this season had anything to do with Marvel comics. Good or bad (and I thought the finale was mostly good), it just feels so purposeless now.
Yea I'm fine with it not being in the MCU, but I could have done with more comic book characters instead of these made up characters like Izel and the Chronicons.

They could give ups some D list villains like the Hood or something. They could even bring back some random Kree villains, or how about a rouge group of Ravagers? I'm not asking for much.

For a finale they bring out three monolith guardians out of nowhere for a wounded May to dispatch of offscreen. The need for a ritual and forgetting that Daisy's Inhuman power is about vibration and frequencies, not force blast was crime worthy.

In the end probably the worst finale of the 6 seasons . But the cliffhanger holds promise for the final season
That would explain alot because the story took such a sharp turn from a suspected multiverse Coulson to an alien possessed man preparing to take over the world. :huh:

I both hated loved that season finale. As others pointed out, Daisy's powers suddenly being reduced to force blasts and forgetting the frequency manipulation, I mean she couldn't have just turned those zombies into dust? May getting killed twice was too much on emotions :nono: but bringing Coulson back as a mix of a Chronicom and an LMD...well I'm fine with that. Only one season to go, just **** it, do whatever crazy wibbly wobbly timey wimey thing you can come up with and go out with a bang. :bow: One up on Legends Of Tomorrow while you're at it (maybe they'll get their asses off mailing it in from last season)

What happened to Fitz in the end? Where was he supposed to be? And have Shield gone back in time to when the Empire state building was first constructed?

I agree it was rather weak. This whole season seems unconnected to Marvel and could've just been an original sci fi series like Stargate or something else.

What happened to Fitz in the end? Where was he supposed to be? And have Shield gone back in time to when the Empire state building was first constructed?

I agree it was rather weak. This whole season seems unconnected to Marvel and could've just been an original sci fi series like Stargate or something else.
Most theories have him somewhere else in time as a FritSimmons lead time travelling SHIELD/Deke's company split up so the Chromicoms can't get them all in one strike

Why didn't the Agents of SHIELD ever think of wearing gas masks or putting something over their mouths to cover it instead of letting shrikes fly into them? And how come they couldn't pull them out to stop them before they had fully crawled in? They just seemed to become passive and do nothing. Were they paralysed temporarily? Surely Yo-Yo could've used her metal hands and speed to yank it out?

And where were Daisy's powers of vibration to stop them before they got to that stage?

I'm a bit confused on something:
weren't Izel and however-the-hell-you-spell-alien-Coulson's-name supposedly "non-corporeal beings" who took over host bodies?
If so, what were those things in the other world? And what was that body not-coulson turned into when Daisy blasted him?? Shouldn't he have just been, like, light or something??

Finale was fine, but yeah this season was a step down from Seasons 4 and 5. But the set-up for next season has me curious. Yes, I agree bringing Coulson back yet again is ugh. But a season that brings in the Agent Carter characters? Yes please! I just hope that the provide us some level of resolution to its lingering plot points from season 2 of Agent Carter. Give us something!!!! If we're already in that era now, then they should just do it.

I didn't see all of the finale. Did Agent Piper survive?

Which one is Agent Piper? Anyway, no-one died in the finale as far as I recall, apart from the villains (and possibly Melinda May).

Which one is Agent Piper? Anyway, no-one died in the finale as far as I recall, apart from the villains (and possibly Melinda May).

The agent with the really short hair.

I didn't see all of the finale. Did Agent Piper survive?
The last week saw was Agent Piper flying off to get medical treatment for Flint. I would guess that they will be with either team Fitz or team Simmons next season.

Got to echo the sentiments in here about this being a disappointing finale and season overall. I think the season would have been better overall if the finale had been better, but yeah they failed big time. But oh well, bring on the final season.

Finally caught up with the series last night and am annoyed about how S6 ended. They need to stay away from this time travel bs. They finally get everyone back and now Fitz is gone again. Jemma doesn't even seem the same so is that her from the future?

I take it Izel and "Sarge" (forgot actual name) weren't from the comics? I couldn't think of who they might have been or from what comics exactly. Shame considering I liked what we got for a live action version of Gravitron in S5.

Yeah, they're not comics characters and only have the most tangential of comics connections. I had some quibbles in Season 5 where it felt like the only real comic connections were just show continuity connections (the Kree and Gravitonium were firmly established show concepts). But they went with a fairly realistic Graviton and those bug aliens were from the comics so there were some efforts. I'm not aware of any efforts this season. Even all the aliens weren't drawn from Marvel continuity. But definitely the monoliths, shrikes, etc. were not comic creations. The closest we got is that things seemed vaguely related to Ghost Rider as he was established in the show, but not at all to Ghost Rider comics continuity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"