• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x14 Promo "The Devil Complex" Discussion Thread

the bloke who played fitz knocked it out of the park again and the scene with jemma and deek was powerful.

the 3 of them have a self interest in the timeline staying as it is.

deek stays alive jemma gets fitz back and both fitz and her have at least one kid

may has a self interest in the time line staying as it is, gets to be a mother.

they have to sacrifice for the faith of the world to change.

yoyo has motive to change the timeline but see's it all going in one direction, a self restrictive situation to be in.

Coulson daisy and mac have no motive to keep the timeline in tact and are the 3 we know did not live into the future perhaps sacraficing themselves in a vain attempt.

was the bloke in the shadow at the end knee with the mention of odium or that bloke who sent them through the white monolith, taught he had the cut of him.

Doesn't the scene with Flint after they return to the present confirm that we're dealing with alternative timelines though? It's either that or they failed to change history.

Doesn't the scene with Flint after they return to the present confirm that we're dealing with alternative timelines though? It's either that or they failed to change history.

he set of to reassemble the earth?

(mental writing a sentence like that but the actors and the script pull it off.)

He could do that because the kree were defeated.

open to correction but not sure what evidence there is yet to say the destruction of the earth has been averted. Think the story is still heading in that direction with daisy not wanting her powers back, yoyo's arms getting cut off, their interaction with gravitonium.

Robin possibly told may to do something to avert the event, the audience don't know what that is yet.

Iain always knocks it out of the park, and as much as I hate Daisy, I think Chloe does her best work opposite Iain so I like their scenes together, at least.

I'm still annoyed with all of this though.

Hydra again? Seriously? This show is running out of ideas.

Last edited:
The only thing I could really have done without was the cringy "just another Russian infiltrating our democracy" line.

I liked it. But then again, I'm a Finn and we've had decades of experience of their meddling and have not been very kind to their BS.

I am here to say that the Dr. is not evil. He manifests when Fitz needs to solve a problem but the answer is not welcomed by him and the team.

Fitz deduced that the way to conpress the Gravitonium was by the use of Daisy's inhuman power. Unfortunately, Daisy was being selfish due to her fear that she would end up blowing up the Earth. Thus, to circumvent both Fitz and Jemma trying to convince Daisy to voluntarily allow her power to be restored; Fitz kicked into doctor mode. Who is this similar to? Why none other than Dr. Bruce Banner and the Incredible Hulk.

Fitz will have figure out how to control the Dr.'s urges while utilizing his abilities. He only programmed the robot to stop either Jemma or Mack from interfering with what needed to be done. Likewise, Daisy was not willing to address her fears and allow her powers to be restored. Fitz/Dr. did the best he could without excessively hurting the team and still complete the mission of sealing the fear dimension rift.

From now on, the team will have to be careful not to just dump a problem on Fitz and expecting him to solve it without hurting their feeling or using them without their permission. It will lead to good drama.

Remember, at the end of the episode, that Fitz still felt that he had done the right thing by releasing the Doctor and getting the fear dimension rift closed.

Last edited:
Don't save Coulson from hydra! The Ghost Rider induced slow death is a misdirect. Leave Coulson alone for the rest of this season and rescue him from Hydra at the beginning of season 6. Hydra probably has a formula that will undo the damage done by the Ghost Rider. Yo Yo does not necessarily know this due to the Ghost Rider misdirect.

I think this was the best episode of the season so far. I have quite enjoyed the season overall, but this was just aces.

You know there's a possibility that Deke could get erased from existence. With the butterfly effect logic, they've potentially created a different time line where Fitz/Simmons end up breaking up, or even one of them might die, and Zeke would just disappear.

Keep in mind the original Fitz/Simmons time line didn't have there future grandson living along side them. And they didn't know what there future would be like. With all this additional knowledge something is bound to change in the time line.

Whether the writers want to acknowledge it is up to them.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Gemma tossing her cookies at the end means Deke's existence is now secured. (she's pregnant) So now Fitz can go through whatever mental issues they are putting on him now without jeopardizing Deke's future birth.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Gemma tossing her cookies at the end means Deke's existence is now secured. (she's pregnant) So now Fitz can go through whatever mental issues they are putting on him now without jeopardizing Deke's future birth.

That is not going out on a limb. In the history of TV drama has any character having sex with an iffy future suddenly throw up when it wasn't morning sickness? :woot:

Yes either Fitz & Simmons have been having lots of off screen sex and Jemma immediately became pregnant or Cassius might of had his way with her when they were in the future.

Yes either Fitz & Simmons have been having lots of off screen sex and Jemma immediately became pregnant or Cassius might of had his way with her when they were in the future.

I'm gonna go with a big fat NO on that last part.

To be honest, I'm not completely sure what I think of this last episode. I had issues with last season (until the end) and I was kind of looking forward to Fitz confronting a manifestation of the Doctor and maybe get some closure. Well, this sure as hell ain't that! But the fact that the Doctor emerged and then did.. well maybe not good, but he didn't set out to do evil either... might also give Fitz some kind of, er, closure? At least we know that the Doctor didn't come through and cause the Earth to be torn apart because he's evil just for evil's sake.

I think maybe the team trying to go after Coulson to save him might be the thing Yo Yo in the future was warning against, but good luck trying to get the rest of them not to do that.

I'm pretty sure Deke is sticking around unless he gets himself killed, which would really suck because then Fitz and Simmons will have to raise their daughter already knowing that her only child ends up dead.

No it's not. I'm glad Hydra is back, After all.... Hydra always comes back.

You would have thought that by now they would have learned, cut off one head and two would grow in its place

To be honest, I'm not completely sure what I think of this last episode. I had issues with last season (until the end) and I was kind of looking forward to Fitz confronting a manifestation of the Doctor and maybe get some closure. Well, this sure as hell ain't that! But the fact that the Doctor emerged and then did.. well maybe not good, but he didn't set out to do evil either... might also give Fitz some kind of, er, closure? At least we know that the Doctor didn't come through and cause the Earth to be torn apart because he's evil just for evil's sake.

I think maybe the team trying to go after Coulson to save him might be the thing Yo Yo in the future was warning against, but good luck trying to get the rest of them not to do that.

I'm pretty sure Deke is sticking around unless he gets himself killed, which would really suck because then Fitz and Simmons will have to raise their daughter already knowing that her only child ends up dead.
I don't think that Doctor Leopold saw himself as evil in the Framework. Just like in the Lighthouse he was just the one who took on the commission of doing what needed to be done for the greater good. It was just a matter of Hydra going further than S.H.I.E.L.D did to accomplish that goal

No it's not. I'm glad Hydra is back, After all.... Hydra always comes back.

The movies are not bringing them back, so why is this show bringing it back when this show is connected to the movies?

The movies are not bringing them back, so why is this show bringing it back when this show is connected to the movies?

Cause the movies have bigger fish to fry. Though Hydra might appear in Antman and the Wasp.

I don't think that Doctor Leopold saw himself as evil in the Framework. Just like in the Lighthouse he was just the one who took on the commission of doing what needed to be done for the greater good. It was just a matter of Hydra going further than S.H.I.E.L.D did to accomplish that goal

No, I don't think he saw himself as evil either. But it was pretty clear when the others were stuck in the Framework that the Doctor was firmly on the side of "bad". He did bad things, he was doing them just to give Aida a body, he was hurting innocent people to solve a problem that wasn't really a problem, but a request for more than anyone deserves by someone else who was holding him in more sway than I think he wants to admit in his overzealousness to feel guilty for everything Framework Fitz did. That guy was bad and hurt people just to hurt them.

But this Doctor, the one that manifested in Fitz's brain to do the bad things in order to do good is different. It means that Fitz himself, even at his worst, (which is a version of the Doctor), isn't as bad. Because this version, the one that is in Fitz's head now, is sans Aida's influence (and IMO programming). And if he'd stop wallowing in self-hatred I think he'll see that eventually. Everyone is capable of horrible things in the right circumstances. Yet he still manages to have good as his intentions, even when he's being his most horrible version of himself.

*Gemma could just be sick. (humorous response to Dekes statement)
*Gemma might have Dekes mother but who knows if she has Deke.

Anything can happen now that the timeline has been changed.

There has to be a story reason why they revealed Dekes parentage so early.

I'm assuming there's going to be some kind of story arc payoff, other wise whats the point in revealing it at all.

Fitz is gonna know about his grandson. That would be amazing to watch if Jemma tells him about it.

Fitz is gonna know about his grandson. That would be amazing to watch if Jemma tells him about it.

It depends upon just how much of his therapy they have time to show. I don't think they can bet the emotion of Deke comforting his grandma. So why try? We have an alien confederation, Hydra and MODOK Superior turning to good to play out

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"