• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x19 "Option Two" Discussion Thread

If he had longer hair, he'd look much more like the comics Graviton as well.

No he wouldn't. Classic Graviton from his original appearance in Avengers, his appearance in the West Coast Avengers Mini Series and then again in the WCA had shorter hair and of a more similar length to what Talbot has.

Maybe in a later comic and in the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon he had longer hair, but that's hardly his classic look.

40cWUGp.jpg

I am annoyed with how useless Deke is since they've come to the present. He has potential but they keep just making him the butt of every joke.

Yes. Me too. And even when he does or says something useful it's immediately followed by someone putting him down, or him saying something stupid.

Minor complaint about this show, but also TV in general. I always hate when a character is teased, and then it just turns out to be a known character on the show being possessed. Hey guys Hive is coming! Oh wait, it's Ward. Hey guys, Madame Hydra is coming! Oh wait, it's Aida. Hey guys, Graviton is coming! Oh wait, it's Talbot :dry:

Good episode, but this is a nitpick of mine.

Minor complaint about this show, but also TV in general. I always hate when a character is teased, and then it just turns out to be a known character on the show being possessed. Hey guys Hive is coming! Oh wait, it's Ward. Hey guys, Madame Hydra is coming! Oh wait, it's Aida. Hey guys, Graviton is coming! Oh wait, it's Talbot :dry:

I hear you.
But this show's "reboot" in season 2 was built on the Skye/Daisy/Quake misdirection, it comes with the package at this point.
Not to speak of not-yet-Deathlok-but-with-Slapstick's-sidekick's-identity in the very first episode...

I hear you.
But this show's "reboot" in season 2 was built on the Skye/Daisy/Quake misdirection, it comes with the package at this point.
Not to speak of not-yet-Deathlok-but-with-Slapstick's-sidekick's-identity in the very first episode...

I think it bothers me more because tons of shows do it, like Smallville, and given it is the 3rd time in straight 3 seasons the major Marvel villain was introduced into the show it has been an established character. All that said, next episode looks like it will be amazing.

Yes that is annoying. It's as if we've had Graviton all along.

At least here let Talbot's personality actually be taken over by Franklin Hall.

I did wonder, since I knew Graviton was coming, whether Deke might turn out to be him too, since he also has a beard. I was suspecting throughout the episode that Talbot might also become him.

I suppose Mac could've become black Graviton. He has a beard doesn't he? But no hair though.

I wish Marvel used Graviton in the movies instead of relegating him to TV status. He could easily take on all the Avengers. In fact, he seems more powerful here than in the comics if he can crush people like he did.

Yes that is annoying. It's as if we've had Graviton all along.

At least here let Talbot's personality actually be taken over by Franklin Hall.

I did wonder, since I knew Graviton was coming, whether Deke might turn out to be him too, since he also has a beard. I was suspecting throughout the episode that Talbot might also become him.

I suppose Mac could've become black Graviton. He has a beard doesn't he? But no hair though.

I wish Marvel used Graviton in the movies instead of relegating him to TV status. He could easily take on all the Avengers. In fact, he seems more powerful here than in the comics if he can crush people like he did.

The movie's would never get to him. Graviton is faily low as far as his status as an Avengers villain (not in power level, but just by the fact he doesn't get used a lot and is heavily overshadowed by much more popular villains). We wouldn't see him until like Avengers 8 or 9, so I am okay with using him here.

The movie's would never get to him. Graviton is faily low as far as his status as an Avengers villain (not in power level, but just by the fact he doesn't get used a lot and is heavily overshadowed by much more popular villains). We wouldn't see him until like Avengers 8 or 9, so I am okay with using him here.

I agree and the complaint since season 1 was why not other named Marvel characters besides him, Deathlok and Ghost Rider. They went as far as having The Superior mouth MODOK lines without naming him MODOK

I actually prefer that teased heroes/villains end up being pre-existing characters. It adds a lot more emotional weight to the character because we already know and care about them (for the most part) and the other characters already have links to them.

I actually prefer that teased heroes/villains end up being pre-existing characters. It adds a lot more emotional weight to the character because we already know and care about them (for the most part) and the other characters already have links to them.

I don't agree. It feels like they couldn't afford another actor or something. It's a cop out.

I'm not sure Ward really counts, since Hive was always Hive, he just hitched a ride in Ward. And in Talbot's case... I kind of think his ego is going to be something that fuels this new version of him from powerful being to powerful being that falls on the side of "bad guy". Yeah, he's got two bickering evil guys in the gravitonium, but honestly, if normal everyday Talbot had plugged himself into that machine I think he'd go dark all on his own.

Hive counts because I highly doubt in season 1 they knew he was going to be Hive. I think he was imagined to just be evil Hyrda agent. Therefore, they changed it after the fact. Therefore it counts! :cmad:

Again, I like the show a lot. This is just a story point that grinds my gears, LOL

Well, it also keeps the cost down because they don't have to hire another actor to come on as the bad guy if they've been there all along.

Does May's ex-husband also count? Since he turned into Lash?

I think that ABC TV got all things Inhuman in the divorce and the AoS staff were given free reign on any Inhuman not being saved for the royal family's story.

I don't agree. It feels like they couldn't afford another actor or something. It's a cop out.

Different strokes and all that. Ruby was terrible but Talbot is awesome. Going to be difficult watching him be the bad guy.

Hive counts because I highly doubt in season 1 they knew he was going to be Hive. I think he was imagined to just be evil Hyrda agent. Therefore, they changed it after the fact. Therefore it counts! :cmad:

Again, I like the show a lot. This is just a story point that grinds my gears, LOL

i didn't like ward at first, he was to clean cut but that was the point. Personally think the different incarnations of ward and others is enjoyable and shows the quality of actors on this show.

if the acting was bad, say arrow bad, yeah i'd be with you but they pull it of here.

No he wouldn't. Classic Graviton from his original appearance in Avengers, his appearance in the West Coast Avengers Mini Series and then again in the WCA had shorter hair and of a more similar length to what Talbot has.

Maybe in a later comic and in the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon he had longer hair, but that's hardly his classic look.

40cWUGp.jpg

Holy crap. That actually looks like what he's wearing in the episode I just watched today. I've never seen Graviton in this costume so I thought the show ruined his look:hehe::pal:

As far as making characters we already know the big bad, well, I think its a good creative decision as the characters have more of a connection to them than they would a stranger which makes the drama bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"