MICHAEL KEATON RETURNS (or at least in discussion) AS BATMAN

Damn near every upcoming film has plans to follow it. Lol you guys are so cynical.
No, they don't. Zack Stentz (Booster Gold writer) said as much. They operate in a what the most recent movie did basis

WB is still as clueless as ever and continue to damage the brand with their incompetence

No, they don't. Zack Stentz (Booster Gold writer) said as much. They operate in a what the most recent movie did basis

WB is still as clueless as ever and continue to damage the brand with their incompetence

Did he say that yesterday? TSS isn’t even out yet and Peacemaker is filming. The Batman has a series attached. The Flash was set up in a TV show a year ago and hasn’t even started shooting yet. Black Adam/Shazam/JSA are looking to crossover. Those are all plans that have continued forward.

You not liking what they’re doing is an entirely different story.

I actually was watching Ant-man and Wasp and thought she it was willing to do that movie, she would definitely be open to returning as Catwoman

Would love to see Michelle Pfeiffer return. She and Michael Keaton had great chemistry and we all know that Bruce’s true love is Selina so it’d be nice to see them having ended up together

This photo showed up in the promos for the CRISIS Event in the ARROWVERSE but
I don't think it ever appear in any the episodes.

NewsBruceSelina.jpg

I'd be fine with that. I'd like to see a comic book accurate Huntress on the big screen.

Something to get you ready for you know who's return:

Hmmmmmm what a coincidence....

(but seriously I am ECSTATIC i've wanted B89 since Batman 66, will be reading these when they're released and the hardbacks when they go on preorder. Supes 78 is a nice bonus too)

Any idea when filming starts? I'm hopeful we might get a costume reveal like they did for Man of Steel, Joker and The Batman.

I actually was watching Ant-man and Wasp and thought she it was willing to do that movie, she would definitely be open to returning as Catwoman

She isn't in demand these days... this is a good gig for her. Heck, it's a solid gig for Keaton too.

She's an extremely respected actress who is notoriously picky about her roles.

So she's an A lister is she? leading tent pole movies?

Your opinion seems quite fixed, Vaibow and that's fine. Nothing needs to be proven, but realistically, how many 63 year old actresses are ''leading tentpole movies'' in the Hollywood system?

- She has many touchstone/iconic characters, reaching heights most actors could never dream of.
- She consistently works in high profile and commercial projects, including the MCU.
- In the last five years alone, she has appeared in 8 movies. Hardly struggling for work.
- Has recently been nominated for two golden globe awards and an Emmy, with serious oscar buzz for French Exit.
- Has recently turned down many projects from producers and directors (Such as Aronofsky and Ryan Murphy to name a couple).
- Will appear in an upcoming mini-series with Viola Davis and Gillian Anderson.
- Recently launched a highly successful perfume company Henry Rose.
- Is consistently name dropped by young, upcoming actors as a source of admiration/inspiration.

So if you are comparing her to the 20/30 year old ''A-List'' actresses of today (Lawrence, Robbie, Godot), then yes, her impact isn't quite as far reaching as it used to be. But if you want to be fair and examine her career in comparison to her contemporaries (Sharon Stone, Ellen Barkin, Meg Ryan), she is doing more than okay for herself.

So yes, I'd say she IS in demand for age appropriate roles and certainly does not need The Flash or WB's money.

And while I'm sure you mean no harm, Vaibow... remember that relevancy is not always dictated by age or how well a movie does on opening weekend and there is more to consider than just superhero movies or how many clicks you can get on a gossip site. Oh... and Keaton didn't need this movie either. Frankly, this movie needs him.

Keaton didn't need this movie either. Frankly, this movie needs him.

Definitely. Also I don't doubt the upcoming Batman 89 comic is a tie in to The Flash Movie because for one while The Batman 89 one takes place after Returns, The Superman 78 one takes place between STM, and SMII.

Oh, just as with The Batgirl movie I wonder if they'll have Keaton as a mentor in a Supergirl movie?

Your opinion seems quite fixed, Vaibow and that's fine. Nothing needs to be proven, but realistically, how many 63 year old actresses are ''leading tentpole movies'' in the Hollywood system?

that's my point, stopped reading there....

Definitely. Also I don't doubt the upcoming Batman 89 comic is a tie in to The Flash Movie because for one while The Batman 89 one takes place after Returns, The Superman 78 one takes place between STM, and SMII.

Oh, just as with The Batgirl movie I wonder if they'll have Keaton as a mentor in a Supergirl movie?
Yes but you couldn't set S78 after II - there's two of them plus there's three more movies after, one of which is supposedly a replacement for the other! Confused yet? I think a Monitor or someone has been meddling in that Earth's timeline, you know...

Yes - B89 is well-timed to bring the Keaton Batman back into people's minds in time for The Flash, introducing new elements to that world which is cool - the great thing is Quinones was on the rejected pitch for some years ago so it's all come full circle.

Last edited:
Yes but you couldn't set S78 after II - there's two of them plus there's three more movies after, one of which is supposedly a replacement for the other! Confused yet? I think a Monitor or someone has been meddling in that Earth's timeline, you know...

Yes - B89 is well-timed to bring the Keaton Batman back into people's minds in time for The Flash, introducing new elements to that world which is cool - the great thing is Quinones was on the rejected pitch for some years ago so it's all come full circle.

I know but just like the Superman one they could've had the Batman one takes place between 89 and Returns but instead they have it take place after Returns.

Yes, and isn't Sam Hamm also involved with the Batman 89 comics?

Sam Hamm is writing the Batman one, which is cool, makes it feel more genuine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"