MICHAEL KEATON RETURNS (or at least in discussion) AS BATMAN

Well that still wasn't enough for Keaton to stick around for Forever lol.

I think WB has let this go on too long for it to fall apart now. Whatever concessions they have to make to keep him in the mix, they’re going to make.

Maybe I’m reading too much into things but it seemed like he was hinting that he didn’t like the script. Who knows.

I love Bruce Greenwood as well, but if it looks like Keaton it should sound like Keaton!
Greenwood and DiMaggio, hugely underrated pair, loved Under The Red Hood

I thibnk COVID has had a huge effect on many people, it will take a while for things to adjust. Is the script any good? God knows hahahahahaha

Last edited:
Maybe I’m reading too much into things but it seemed like he was hinting that he didn’t like the script. Who knows.

Yeah.. like they sent him another draft of the script and he's just, ''I'll get to it when I get to it''.

Remember the news that WB approached him to voice The Joker in the animated The Dark Knight Returns adaptation? That would have been fun:

Last edited:

I think he just didn’t get to the latest one bc of his other work.

Not to mention the suit, the Batmobile, production design elements that resemble the Burton movies will all have been developed during pre production. All that would be money down the drain if he leaves now, citing health concerns...

I wonder if Burton's lack of involvement is a real sticking point for him. They should have brought him on as consultant to grease the wheel.
I think there would still be a market for this merchandise, but it would be significantly less...significant if he does drop out.

You know in case of having to make his role smaller what if they introduce a Burtonverse Helena Wayne, and have her do the stuff he can't do?

I don't know the thought just cross my mind, and having Keaton Batman even in a smaller role is better than no Keaton Batman right?

I'd far sooner see Helena Wayne than Robin in this universe.

I will say this in regards to Keaton, the guy is a Maverick. Alot of younger fans today really don't realize how far into BF Keaton was before he backed out.

He was so far in that they cast Rene Russo, O'Donnell, Jones, and Carry with the presumption that he was still going to be Batman. They were already making casts of Keaton in the newly designed suit.

He walked away from a huge payday to reprise the role of Batman just because he didn't like the script and the direction the project was going. Even at the time , many people were shocked that he walked away from so much money to play Batman.

I say all that just to make the point that he's not always predictable. Heck , nobody saw him becoming the Vulture in the Spiderman franchise either.

So, I would take his no joking statements seriously. He's not the kind of actor you can count on to sign onto any script whether he likes it or not.

So WB better have their stuff together and have the receipts quality wise.

Keaton quit the role of Vulture for a while and Woody Harrelson had entered negotiations until Keaton returned at the last moment. He hasn’t worked with Marvel since. If he doesn’t like the script or director he’s rich enough to quit the project.

Keaton quit the role of Vulture for a while and Woody Harrelson had entered negotiations until Keaton returned at the last moment. He hasn’t worked with Marvel since. If he doesn’t like the script or director he’s rich enough to quit the project.
He's in Moebius though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"