MICHAEL KEATON RETURNS (or at least in discussion) AS BATMAN

Still think he's just blowing smoke, but if he does end up leaving WB should just give up making DC movies

I will say, he did seem to have a manic energy in that interview. Even reading it in print, you could feel the interviewer trying to pull him back on topic a number of times.

WB should give him a private jet to london and put him up somewhere remote. Once he's there the COVID safety measures should assauge his fears.

I'd far sooner see Helena Wayne than Robin in this universe.

If there's is any Batman movie universe where Helena Wayne would make a lot of sense to exist it's the Burtonverse.

Also I can't help but wonder if maybe Saoirse-Monica Jackson undisclosed role is secretly Helena Wayne.

So uh....I know there are differing opinions about Jett's credibility here, but he just tweeted this. Same thing he was doing for weeks before the Keaton news dropped.

:dry:

Maybe they just wanted both. It'd be cool to see them interact, if so. Two very different but equally valid and awesome iterations of the same character.

I wouldn't be mad if they brought back Bale if Keaton doesn't wanted do it.

Keaton bailed, back-up plan?
When Keaton was announced last year, I read somewhere that Bale was WB's desperate back-up plan, if Keaton hadn't signed on in the end. Now that there's rumblings he may not join after all, maybe they've gone back and are trying to explore that other option.

Burton's Bat-flicks aren't for me, but Keaton is obviously great in the role and a true legend, so it would certainly be a shame not to have him back for this. Especially for all those fans who are looking forward to seeing him as Batman once again. On the other hand, Bale is who I'd consider "my" Batman, so having him actually reprise the role - after it seemed that door had been left quite closed with the ending of Nolan's trilogy - would be really crazy and probably enough to put this at the top of my most anticipated projects.

@TheLaser Seeing either Bale or Keaton back would be great, but if I could choose it would be Keaton. Not because I prefer his Batman, because I actually prefer Bale's by a hair. But I did love his version, he's my favourite Bruce of them all, and although for me B'89 hasn't really stood the test of time, Returns is up there with TDK. And I want to see Keaton get his trilogy!

I love Bale, so it would be a fine consolation prize.

If Keaton has bailed, surely shooting would have to be pushed back as production would need to accommodate Bale's Bats as opposed to the Gotham/Design of Keaton's.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for Keaton with a Bale cameo.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for Keaton with a Bale cameo.

Same. Also bringing back Bale for more than a cameo would ruin the whole TDK trilogy especially the ending.

Plus hasn't he said over and over again he won't return as Batman without Nolan's blessing? Which considering Nolan and WB maybe close to bridges burned working relationship I have serious doubts that Nolan would give his blessing.

Yeah, Bale is my favourite Batman and I don't want him near this. Some things need to be left alone and his story had the perfect ending. Keaton and Clooney would be great choices.

If it's really that big of a deal for some, then just have a two second line that specifies that Bale's Batman comes from an alternate universe where he never eloped with Selina Kyle at the end of TDKR. It is, after all, the multiverse at work here.

Yeah, Bale is my favourite Batman and I don't want him near this. Some things need to be left alone and his story had the perfect ending. Keaton and Clooney would be great choices.

I don't think Clooney would go near the role again, regardless of money or any notion of redemption that WB might sell him.

He can laugh about it now, but you'd definitely have an easier time getting Bale on board (And that's saying something).

If it's really that big of a deal for some, then just have a two second line that specifies that Bale's Batman comes from an alternate universe where he never eloped with Selina Kyle at the end of TDKR. It is, after all, the multiverse at work here.

That would just make it worse. Same for Keaton. Plus if Maguire and Garfield gets confirmed for Spidey 3 then Marvel would have once again beaten WB as they did in 2016.

I'm sorry but without Keaton The Flash Movie don't compare to Spidey 3 especially if it has Maguire back as his Spidey.

Why worse? And why the same for Keaton? :confused:

And I never mentioned anything about Keaton passing on The Flash, so I don't see why that point is being made again. We all know The Flash likely wouldn't work without some level of support for the marmite Ezra Miller. And that's putting it politely. It's not exactly a new theory on the block.

But I believe both Keaton and/or Bale would be bigger draws for the Flash than Maguire for Spidey, much as I love Raimi's trilogy. I have such fondness for Maguire in the role that I'm tempted to say it's an equal level of excitement for all three prospects. Affleck is clearly a league below Keaton, Bale and Maguire in terms of what the audience excitement levels would/will be.

Why worse? And why the same for Keaton? :confused:

And I never mentioned anything about Keaton passing on The Flash, so I don't see why that point is being made again. We all know The Flash likely wouldn't work without some level of support for the marmite Ezra Miller. And that's putting it politely. It's not exactly a new theory on the block.

But I believe both Keaton and/or Bale would be bigger draws for the Flash than Maguire for Spidey, much as I love Raimi's trilogy. I have such fondness for Maguire in the role that I'm tempted to say it's an equal level of excitement for all three prospects. Affleck is clearly a league below Keaton, Bale and Maguire in terms of what the audience excitement levels would/will be.

Bringing them back to play new Batmens instead of the same ones they played before.

I know sorry. True.

Oh, I would love it if we could have all three.

In more positive news did anyone else see that Quinones posted art of Keaton Batman, Keaton Bruce, and Pfeiffer Catwoman for the Batman 89 comic?

That Vanity Fair exclusive where Muschietti announced Affleck it mentioned that Flash would start with Batfleck before he meets other Batmen so there could be more than just Keaton. We'll see. They start filming in two weeks so can't imagine how that would work if Keaton left. You have to do production design, build sets, costumes, then they do screen tests, table readings etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"